Thread: HSPComplete

Question HSPComplete

Is there anyone here that uses HSPComplete and can provide some feedback?

I currently offer shared hosting accounts on Plesk 7.5 Linux servers, pretty much everything is done manually. I'm looking to automate things and considering HSPComplete 3.2 (currently in beta). I will offer VPS in future but for now it will just be shared accounts (clients) on Plesk servers.

First of all, the ordering system. I don't like the store option they provide. Are there alternatives? Can I use order forms that integrate and match my site? ie. just add a header and footer to the ordering system which is displayed after a customer clicks the order button on my site.

Can resellers be setup to offer normal shared hosting? (not VPS)

I'm certain I had a lot more questions but it seems my brain is on a break right now! I'll post more as I think of them.

Thanks for any feedback

You know, you can as SW-Soft. Considering the price of it, the sales reps should be more than happy to answer your questions.

For shared hosting, I would suggest you to go with HSphere. This is opinion from someone who uses both HSphere and HSPcomplete.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Originally posted by DanX
    You know, you can as SW-Soft. Considering the price of it, the sales reps should be more than happy to answer your questions.
    I think SW-Soft will be a bit biased

I will email them my questions but i'm interested in comments on HSPComplete only.

Thanks!

ZeroSixty,

I would be more than happy to answer your questions.

First of all, regarding Plesk Shared hosting - HSPcomplete provides ability to sell/resell a wide range of hosting service types:

* Domain Registration
    * Plesk Domain (single domain hosting)
    * Plesk Client (mutli-domain hosting)
    * Virtuozzo VPS
    * Dedicated Servers

Plus, it's also integrated with SiteBuilder to provide site building service to your hosting customers.

Then, as to ordering system - yes, you can change footer and header of the online store right from the administrative panel (Provider Control Center). Additionally, you can customize online store templates to change look'n'feel of the forms.

Finally, in HSPcomplete 3.2 we have added additional 1-step ordering system which is shipped in source code, so you can change whatever you want and have your own custom ordering system.

Also, we have Implementation Team who can customize online store for you on a contract basis (just for the case if you have too much specific requirements).

Let me know if you will have any other questions.
    Regards,
    Oleg Shaikhatarov
    SWsoft Inc.

Thank you for your response Oleg, you are faster than your sales team! I have PM'd you all my questions.

Oleg.
    First of all i wolud love to have the chance to try HSPComplete.Sounds like a good product.
    But since you cc processor freaks out on every single East Europen client i think that i will just look at some pics and read a bit about your product in different forums.
    We made the big mistake to choose Plesk as cp for all our boxes(licenses offerd by US datacenters/providers) but due to our lately experiences with failed orders directly from SW-Soft we are just looking to swap Plesk for another cp.
    Sad but true.

Hey Webfactor,

I am unable to order anything from SW-Soft using my credit card as they asked me to send them photocopied copies of my credit card. I refused to do that as I feel it is insecure for them to have physical copies of my card on file.

I order everything from them via PayPal. This also gives me the added bonus of not paying additional UK taxes. (Keep that to yourself )

@ZeroSixty

Ty for the tip mate.But we are not using paypal.We are not paying any pals here.Strange that the only problems that we ever encountered this year is with SW-Soft.
    And for us,sending a cc scan copy is not a prob.EV1 asked for one as well.This is normal.
    But 2-3 "transaction failed",and money blocked 30 days is not fun.

Webfactor,

If you are in Europe and have problems with paying to US office - you could probably try ordering from our European office (in Germany). As far as I know they do process wire transfers, so probably you will NOT have these problems.
    Regards,
    Oleg Shaikhatarov
    SWsoft Inc.

Let's say that i do a wire transfer.You know the fees for a wire transfer .No way i will toss 50$ just to be sure that you got my payment.
    Like i stated above,you were the only "transfer failed".in a whole year.And not just once.Having 3x 80$ blocked for a month is not a big deal,but if i want to save money,i dont push it in a failed transfer,i just make a deposit>You might want to check with your cc processor

Zerosixty/Webfactor,

I'll say after reviewing every piece of hosting software out there for a major company we chose to move forward with Sw-soft's PEM software. It was hands down the best and the most robust piece of software I have seen. I have actually met Oleg in person, he and all the guys at Sw-Soft are very knowledgeable.

In doing my reserach I talked to many companies to used all the major products and many with a large customers base were switching from their current product to PEM because it was scalable, stable, feature rich and exatcly what the clients wanted.

Good luck working with Sw-Soft as I know you won't be let down

What is the major benefit of PEM that HSPc lacks? Can you share?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!

Originally posted by FHDave
    What is the major benefit of PEM that HSPc lacks? Can you share?
    Scalability was the biggest thing and all the extra features that PEM has.

HSPc is meant to go into the hundreds of thousands of accounts while PEM can do millions upon millions. It's been tested at 2 million accounts and is a very very reliable system. The modular systems also allows Sw-Soft put in/take out anything you want or don't want in the system. Overall the system was really impressive.

Hm, scalability does not interest me, since I do not have millions of customer. I assume you do, and thus requiring you to use PEM?

What other extra features does PEM have?

Again, for shared hosting, I think HSphere is the best. I don't think you will have any scalibility issue as HSphere is very scalable.

Originally posted by FHDave
    Hm, scalability does not interest me, since I do not have millions of customer. I assume you do, and thus requiring you to use PEM?

What other extra features does PEM have?

Again, for shared hosting, I think HSphere is the best. I don't think you will have any scalibility issue as HSphere is very scalable.
    Why don't you talk to the guys at Sw-Soft to find out, I'm not their sales pitching guy.

I talked to a guy who was switching from Hsphere to PEM and he has a rather large client base. He gave me a number of reasons for switching such as:

Scalabaility
    Support
    Features
    Company (meaning the felt Sw-Soft was a better company that could help his company grow)

Originally posted by RossH
    Why don't you talk to the guys at Sw-Soft to find out, I'm not their sales pitching guy.

I talked to a guy who was switching from Hsphere to PEM and he has a rather large client base. He gave me a number of reasons for switching such as:

Scalabaility
    Support
    Features
    Company (meaning the felt Sw-Soft was a better company that could help his company grow)
    Blah, we haven't had a single large customer to switch from H-Sphere. (Anyone running h-sphere with 1000+ customers). Ever, in all the history of h-sphere.
    Empty words...
    Igor Seletskiy
    CEO @ Cloud Linux Inc
    http://www.cloudlinux.com
    CloudLinux -- The OS that can make your Shared Hosting stable

Originally posted by iseletsk
    Blah, we haven't had a single large customer to switch from H-Sphere. (Anyone running h-sphere with 1000+ customers). Ever, in all the history of h-sphere.
    Empty words...
    I think you'll be rather suprised soon then

Originally posted by RossH
    I think you'll be rather suprised soon then
    life will show.
    Igor Seletskiy
    CEO @ Cloud Linux Inc
    http://www.cloudlinux.com
    CloudLinux -- The OS that can make your Shared Hosting stable

There are some features on HSPcomplete that HSphere lacks, and vice versa. But in overall, I believe HSphere is much better for shared hosting. One thing is clear, SWSoft seems to be very behind in their OS support. And they are very behind in releasing applications templates. I have not been able to purchase new applications templates from SWSoft, even though I am willing to pay for it. I just simply affraid of running large customer base on older OS and application templates.

Regarding support, being customers of both SWSoft and PSoft, I can say that in the last one year or so, SWSoft support has been slower than they used to be. At worst, it can take days or weeks to resolve a problem. Wehereas at worst, it take PSoft few hours to resolve our problem.

Don't get me wrong here. I have no intention to bash SWSoft here. I love both SWSoft and PSoft. It just seems to me that SWSoft has been expanding quite fast and thus they have the need to cover expand their support department. This is actually mentioned by their own support guy.

Regarding PEM, my sales seems to be reluctant to give out any information about it. He does not seem to think that PEM is what we need. And from talking to you, you too do not seem to know much of the advantages of PEM too.

In any case, this thread is about HSPcomplete, not PEM.