Need some CentOS linux help...

I currently have a CentOS linux box. Earlier this morning it went offline. I thought it was just a freak occurance so I asked for a reboot and thought nothing of it. Well it just went down again, so I will have to get yet another reboot. I dont know too much about linux, I will be changing to Win2k3 server soon, and need to know what to look at to see why it keeps going down. Looking over the logwatch emails I got last night I noticed this:

WARNING: Kernel Errors Present
    srcds_i686[15641]: segfault at 00000000000000d0 rip 00000000f301a778 rsp
    00000000ffffab40 error 4...: 1 Time(s)
    srcds_i686[23778]: segfault at 00000000000000cd rip 00000000f30130c8 rsp
    00000000ffffab80 error 4...: 1 Time(s)
    srcds_i686[31692]: segfault at 00000000000000d0 rip 00000000f301a778 rsp
    00000000ffffab30 error 4...: 1 Time(s)

Any ideas?

Why not you do a search at google and see whether the result is useful to you?
    Our Best Friend
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

Well I know what program that is I however DO NOT know what a segfault is.

I was also asking:

I dont know too much about linux and need to know what to look at to see why it keeps going down.

What about this result?
    Fourth link shown in non-English but it is close right?... ...
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

Originally posted by runes911
    Well I know what program that is I however DO NOT know what a segfault is.

I was also asking:
    If you don't know much about linux and trying to do troubleshooting will be a killer to you... why don't you ask your provider for help instead? You can start to look in the following files whether does it helps:
    /var/log/messages
    /var/log/boot.log
    /var/log/dmesg
    /var/log/cron
    Giam Teck Choon

Its not in english... Ok just forget I said anything about the CS server. How can I find out what, if anything, is crashing my server? What logs should I look at? Where should I begin? How can I determine if its hardware or a software program?

I seriously doubt it is CS crashing the entire box considering its been running for 2 months now with no problems.

EDIT : Ah you beat my post

Well I checked them all, nothing there. I suppose it was just a freak occurance. Its back up now I didn't need them to reboot it. I will finally be glad when I get win 2k3 on it. I thought I would have the time to learn linux, but I dont so I am going to stick with what I know. (MCSE)

Nothing in those? What about with .1 files meaning:
    /var/log/messages.1
    /var/log/boot.log.1
    /var/log/cron.1
    Giam Teck Choon

Negative. I checked all of the files (.1-.4) I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

hmmm... did you check the date/time continuity in those logs? What about your CS log files (if any)? Did you do any recent kernel upgrades?
    Giam Teck Choon

Jul 27 08:15:17 ****** shutdown: shutting down for system halt
    Jul 27 08:15:17 ****** init: Switching to runlevel: 0

Odd the shutdown time is consistant with the time I submitted the problem ticket. I know that before then I could not ping nor access the box...

The CS logs just end as if they were cut off... I haven't done any kernal updates recently that I am aware of.