BlueRazor anyone?

I know they are a division of godaddy but I didnt
    know they were cheaper? Looks like they are
    $7.25 Plus ICANN fee of 25 cents per domain name.

so, $7.50 is still a good deal to me.
    Just thought I would share.

I'm switching over to them myself from Godaddy. You do have to figure in the annual cost of $10 to get that cheaper price too. So if you have more than 9 or 10 domains (I can't remember off hand the breakeven point), then it totally makes sense. If you only have 2 domains, you're spending more because of the annual fee. With Godaddy, you'd save more money if you bought a 10-year initial registration because the annual rate is decreased.

(I spend way too much time watching numbers )

I have about 20 domains with BlueRazor. I figure it's a fair price at $7.50 It's about the same price as their $99 a year reseller. But for .us and .biz, Godaddy is cheaper than $7.50 on their sale.

fewcoin

BlueRazor is Reseller of GoDaddy as far as I know. Around 3 months ago, I pushed a domain name from one account to another internally through BlueRazor and I had to pay around $8 to accept the domain name. So double check that
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

The way I read this (https://account.bluerazor.com/gdshop...5Fid=bluerazor) I wouldn't call them a reseller of GoDaddy.

Bob Parsons owns both GoDaddy and Bluerazor. Bluerazor is a separate ICANN accredited registrar that is formed as a complete and separate corporation. The advantage has to do with branding (BlueRazor can offer a lower price, while not diluting the GoDaddy brandname) and most importantly, in this day and age of competing for lines to the registry during drop time, it gives GoDaddy three registrar lines requesting drops: GoDaddy, BlueRazor and WildWestDomains.

Just look at their whois reports... they are all at the same address on Hayden Road in Scottsdale, AZ.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

As far i know they are separate registrars, but if you push to one to other need renew or otransfer, update the domain name one year more, can be good or bad. IMHO is excellent two brands at the same house. Difficult to explain, tough,

I have now 17 domains with godady, and 14 in bluerazor.

Bluerazor have this ventages:

a) cheaper private registrations ( explain later )
    b) included monitoring for "catch up domains" in the 10 usd fee
    c) litlle cheaper new registrations
    d) more cheaper option for backorder domains.
    e) Imho looks more profesional have a domain in bluerazor than in a godaddy in whois terms.

disventages:

a) you need pay 9.95 to push to other blue razor account if the registrant have not blue razor.

Godaddy was my first really owned domain, before i lost other domains because the host was a cheater and register himself in the three fields. I have here some domains, but few, because godaddy prices with the fee are higher, but for some specific customers i want be capable to push or kick off hims. Is easy in godaddy, and little problematic in directi or Opensrs. Have some specific .info i buy last october in 1 usd, but some of other domains was autorenewed ( www.esminombre.org is a example ) and i need cancel the domain. My humble opinion is they are lilltle paranoid about lost domains. In this year i move around 90 domains to DIRECTI, from Godaddy, and my Main domain from godaddy to Bluerazor ( the reason is i use this domain in directi and dont want the directi control domain in directi )

Aprox my domains here are 17:
    2 near expiring ( this week , no renew)
    1 long term ( 2012 expiration, maybe i move to directi )
    4 medium time expiring ( probably move to directi )
    1 short time expiring ( probably move to bluerazor )
    5 specific .info i move to directi in october )
    2 info used for experiments and i want lost they in october
    2 stupid info i dont understand why i buy it .. maybe renew.

In Bluerazor i have 14:
    1 transfer here for check how is the process. ( directi future )
    1 buyed here for check how is the process. ( directi future )
    3 for customers who may want private in the future.
    1 one customer of mine with a site of political warning issues
    (private )
    3 stupid buyed in expired domains ( darkpower.org and others )
    go to cancelate or sell it.
    3 backordered domains and recovered. I move to directi future.
    1 geniously buyed un expired domain... transfer to directi.
    1 my main directi domain ( my reseller brand )

Well, i advise use bluerazor as a backorder service, and for other little things, if your user go to use strange themes in his sites. Probably in the end of next year only have in blue razor my brand name and backordered and recovered domains.

edit dumb finger mistake

I think they are trying to go with the Costco or sams club approach applying it to domain names.
    Domain Maven

The strabge thing is the actions they take about near expiring domains. I am sure godaddy renew around 5 of the domains i want let pass... Then they lost 6*5=30 usd =/

in octobrer 15 i let expire many infos maybe he renews anyway, but i go to transfer out the ones i want hold.

Something rare anyway.

I think they do not want to lose marketshare, they may be keeping as many names active as possible
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by Licantropo
    The strabge thing is the actions they take about near expiring domains. I am sure godaddy renew around 5 of the domains i want let pass... Then they lost 6*5=30 usd =/

in octobrer 15 i let expire many infos maybe he renews anyway, but i go to transfer out the ones i want hold.

Something rare anyway.
    Are you saying that GoDaddy is renewing domains that you have turned the auto-renew off?

Smile

I love Bluerazor, same products and support as Godaddy, but you get it cheaper. It pays off pretty quick also. You can get 2 years of hosting for $50. That is about $2/mo.

Originally posted by cptcnj
    Are you saying that GoDaddy is renewing domains that you have turned the auto-renew off?
    Yes. You can check esminombre.org in whois. I NO RENEW; they renew. Maybe they want to resell to me later. I buy it for personal reason and no using in 8 months.

I have more examples similar... and i begin to move OUT the domains i want use later.

Maybe they have in the databases renew on, but i am sure is off, is the first thing i check when change registrar. Anyway, this time the 22 jul i push the cancel domain, they renew before. gHave the mail of confirmation of my cancellation, and i only use paypal with them.

Maybe one of the domain experts can add their knowledge to this, but my understanding of the delete process is that once the domain expires, the registrar renews it for another year in order to give you time to redeem it (in case you intended to renew but missed the date). If you don't renew it by a certain date, it gets officially deleted and the registrar gets it's one-year renewal fee back from the registry.

The bigger question is if you were charged for the one year. If not, that date increase may just be part of the normal expire/delete process.

No, i not was charged, and the normal in other registrars i hold some days, no renew. The time period varies and sometimes is one week or three months.

Anyway i cant be beilled because i pay as paypal all, and i cancel day BEFORE. In theesminombre.org sceific case, i am sure they renew two days BEFORE. Non sense.

And what I'm saying is that, as part of that holding processing the renewal date gets a year added on at the registrar's expense. They get that money back from the registry if you don't ultimately renew the domain - when it's deleted. The domain you just mentioned is considered "available" so I'm guessing there's a type.

Granted, I don't know if there's process difference between "canceling" and "not renewing". Maybe there is, maybe there isn't.