Thumbs down affordablehost bad review and hosting question

I have a website that is using too much bandwidth (around 200 gb) and I was hosting it with hometownhosting, and I used to buy extra bandwidth each month I used to pay it
    $ 0.5 / gb everything was well till affordablehost bought hometownhosting

I used to receive emails when my site reaches 80 percent of itís bandwidth limit but this month I did not receive any email, two days ago my site went down, I contacted support and they told me that extra bandwidth cost changed to $2/gb.
    I guess they have changed their terms of use, but I did not receive any email regarding this matter,

- Support will not allocate the bandwidth till I pay (hometown used to make me credit as I am a GOOD costumer)
    - I canít pay if I donít have an invoice
    - To receive an invoice from billing you can count 2 days after sending your ticket
    - Once you try to pay the payment getaway keeps refusing my credit card (the same I used to use for the past 2 years for all my online payments) so you need to submit another ticket to have another link to payÖ
    - Once payment processed you need to wait till they receive confirmation and then they will allocate the bandwidth (no more than 20 gb for $40 )

For all these reasons I advise no one to sign with them, and I am ready to change my provider.
    But I need some advices; I have surfed a lot and found many reseller plans and VPS with around 400/500gb bandwidth (more than I will need)

I have another site I am working with and would like to host it under the same account, ( I will surely be hosting other sites in the near future) the problem is that I have no experience in managing the site,

What cpanel would be the easier for me? (erism, cpanle or plesk)
    Should I go for a reseller or a vsp? Considering my lack of experience in managing the user accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

As you are already using cPanel, it would obviously be easiest to continue using cPanel. Perhaps if you could find a host you are interested in, you could discuss with them the posibility of a semi-dedicated server?

What is your budget for a hosting plan, monthly?
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

Your best bet if you need that kind of bandwidth is a VPS plan or small dedicated server. Going to a dedicated server would also allow you to not have to worry about other users on the server. With that said it is likely much more expensive then a reseller plan. Be sure to do lots of research on any companies you consider.
    ē Greg Lubbelinkhof

I am actually paying $ 120, so i am ready to keep the same budget
    i need a max of 10gb disk space and the maximum bandwidth i can have 500 would be great
    regarding cpanel i have seen some sceenshots and it seems to be easy to deal with.. my site is a picture site but the one i am working on will probably include a shopping card.

Originally posted by jimy444
    i need a max of 10gb disk space and the maximum bandwidth i can have 500 would be great
    regarding cpanel i have seen some sceenshots and it seems to be easy to deal with.. my site is a picture site but the one i am working on will probably include a shopping card.
    You should be able to get a lower-end (MANAGED!) dedicated server with a nice control panel for that budget, definitely. Though if you don't know much or want to know much about dedicated servers, you should make sure to look for a managed solution.

Also, if you do look for a managed server... be sure to ask what management includes. Some places are proactive and some are reactive, some will patch when bugs come out, some will wait for you to tell them to.

I wish you the best of luck though. You may try looking around the Dedicated/Colo Offers forum and see if there are any good deals, but be sure to check out the company here, as well as google them, to make sure you know what your getting into.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

Originally posted by jimy444
    With that sort of budget you might be able to get a server at a similar or cheaper cost and have more space/bw. Take a look at the offers forums and do some research on companies you find that are of interest. Below I have listed a few larger dedicated server companies..

ev1servers
    servermatrix
    superbservers
    iweb

Hope this helps.
    ē Greg Lubbelinkhof

You pay $120/month? Yeah, I would get my own server man.

for that price you will most likely not be able to get a decent managed server and if you dont have the necessary skills you will run into vital issues in the future, I would suggest getting a shared/reseller/vps account from a reputable company.
    "there are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary and those who dont!"

dubfire hit the nail on the head--why pay for a server if it isn't managed?

http://servint.com/vps/ and http://a2b2.com/index.php?topic=52.0 (management is another $20 or so)

Those are two companies you can look into, and there are loads of reviews for each.

---

Regarding the initial questions, cPanel would be best if you are familiar with it, and Reseller/VPS/Dedicated does not matter as long as it's within your price range and is managed.

HTH.

i know that the budget is ok the problem is for the managment i will probably for a cpanel resseller plan unless i find a managed dedicated or semi dicated server that is set up exactly the same way as the regular resseller cpanel
    if a opt for the managed dedicated server will i still be able to supply future customers with their private cpanel, stats ....

I have to say something about a2b2.com If your looking for a VPS, they have, hands down, the fastest VPS systems I have used (which also includes ServInt and PowerVPS). I'm not sure what they do differently in their setup... but it works