Thread: Blueboxhost.net

Blueboxhost.net

Anyone had any luck actually canceling an account with these guys? Their voice mail is always full on the 877 number. The numbers in the TOS are disconnected. No responce to my tickets about canceling. I finally got a working number for someone there by calling my bank and getting it off the transaction info. Inturupted someone's lunch I think. Told them I wanted to cancel and they took my info but no luck so far. Got my invoice for the next month as well which I guess I'll have to dispute with the CC company.

Anyone else having difficulty with them?

I've never messed with them, but it sadly seems that they're not the only ones out there giving people hecht. I hope things work out for you, man.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting is helping the Red Cross
    Eleven2 Hosting - www.eleven2.com
    Help The Red Cross - www.redcross.org

Send them a ticket saying you wish to cancel, and tell them you will do a chargeback if they don't cancel the account. If they don't listen to that then you will have to call your credit card company. Although most companies will ussually do something once they hear of a chargeback.

Originally posted by u2mike
    Send them a ticket saying you wish to cancel, and tell them you will do a chargeback if they don't cancel the account. If they don't listen to that then you will have to call your credit card company. Although most companies will ussually do something once they hear of a chargeback.
    Thats actually the gist of what I sent them in a ticket. I don't think the guy is even looking through them. I guess I'll have to call him at home again and interupt his lunch.

They also seem to be easily hacked. While looking through our logs for hack attempts their were a number of calls to:

http://www.blueboxhost.net/cmd/pro18.txt

Not good blueboxhost!
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.