Thread: Encoding PHP

Arrow Encoding PHP

Ok, Well heres a tough question!

How do you make an enoding platform like IonCube? So that you can use php loaders to load the encrypted file and the loader will decrypt the file on the fly?
    I told you it was tough! Or is it just me?

Ioncube offer to members paid online encoding service (cost is not ver y expensive) . Also, if you have installed on your server Turck mmcahce it has encoder which included to distributon (so, you may encode php-scripts for free)
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

IonCube's online encoder is a decent option, especially if you're worried about the cost. I believe the minimum credits required is only 5.00.

Sorry you misread the queston. How is it possible to develop something like IonCube? I know what IonCube offer

You learn to hack the PHP engine to bits It's not something most people can just get up one day and go "I'm going to make an encoder like ionCube".

You might want to look at the open source Turck MMCache and now eAccelerator - would give you an idea of how it could be done.
    Alasdair

I was just wondering as someone asked me I have no need to make my own encoded language, at the minute anyway!

ionCube doesn't create an encoded language.

It merely translates PHP into an intermediary language called bytecode which is optimised and then processes that byte code using its own mini engine while relying on the PHP core to handle the data and functions etc.

Thats what I wanted to here!

Thank you Elliot A!

ok, right well i have been thinking about purchasing ioncube thingy but what i dont get is how exactly does it decode on the fly does it use a php <?php include("decoderfileurl") ?> does it use a special code, or what?

If I recall you need to install a ioncube php extension, meaning it'll do it without any additional php script code.

Every encoded file has a snippet of code inserted at the top of the file.

The snippet of code looks to see if the ionCube loader is installed as a php module already, otherwise it builds a path to a dynamically loadable module that is usually bundled with the application in the /ioncube folder. If the loader exists then it loads the module using dl() and then runs a function to execute the file using the ionCube engine.

Failing this it outputs a message using die() saying that it could not load the ionCube loader to parse the encoded file.

Hope this helps.