need your help 'SMTP protocol failure'

I use splitinfinity hosting.

Our program tries to send out e-mail to our registered members, but it appears 'SMTP protocol failure (220 We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, ).'

It worked well in my testing server in other hosting company, but the problem appear after we upload the program to the new hosting company.

Could you teach me?

2. i dont know how your program is set up or their webserver however it looks like your program might be trying to use the user nobody to send out the emails. Relaying would be denied (like it should be) on this server.

So you are going to need to contact them for assistance. Most likely you are going to need to change you program.

due the risk to send and get email with some accounts (mostly ROOT) , this features is simply not working with most of the recent X .in more PHP function mail() can also be desactivated.

The acounts potentially dangerous can be :

the best is to communicate with your webhost, you can also try manually to send email with the php function mail() and see what happend

mail header

I use php. below is my mail header. Could you give me some advice?

$to = "[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>";
    $from = [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>;

$MailHeader = "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";
    $MailHeader.= "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit \n";
    $MailHeader.= "To: $to \n";
    $MailHeader.= "From: $from \n";
    $subject = "testing";
    $MailContent = "testing by master";

mail($to, $subject, $MailContent, $MailHeader);

Thanks a lot!

Northamptonshire, UK
    Have you actually asked your host? They are the ones best equipped to help you.
    Mick Beeby - Quality Helm Dedicated, Reseller & Shared Windows 2003 Hosting. UK & US based servers. - Modular ASP Content Management System

i asked. but they say it should be programming problem. , and my programmer just don't know what to do.

Well on most servers its like 60 messages/ hour
    May be you tried to send more.

If its programming problem, then give some cash to the script developer and he would surely fix it

If its programming problem, then give some cash to the script developer and he would surely fix it
    I positively love this idea

According the coding of a well know cart write in php, the send email function for php can be that :

$to_name = 'The name of the recipient, e.g. "Jan Wildeboer"';
    $to_email_address = 'The eMail address of the recipient,
    e.g. [email protected]';
    $email_subject = 'The subject of the eMail';
    $email_text = 'The text of the eMail, may contain HTML entities';
    $from_email_name = 'The name of the sender, e.g. Shop Administration';
    $from_email_adress = 'The eMail address of the sender,
    e.g. [email protected]';
    $headers = 'the extra headers';

it give us :

mail($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject, $headers);

I just propose you to try it, this cart is installed in more than 500 000 websites, I do suppose this function work

Best Regards,
    Eric Bianchetti
    Production Team

WBpro LLC
    Email: [email protected]
    Web Site:

It may just be a typo on your part, or it may be related to your issue. Your $from variable is not enclosed in quotes. I doubt this would solve your problem but it doesn't look right anyway.

Also, your hosts mailserver is not responding with the correct SMTP status code according to RFC 1893. Usually 2xx series status codes indicate success. 4xx series indicate a temporary error and 5xx indicate a permanent error. This will not cause the problem you are experiencing but you may want to mention this to your host as they are breaking established standards.