Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Offer your clients a branded FTP upload utility

What
    The Upload Utility is an application that integrates into the Windows context menu and creates a simple one-click interface for uploading files via ftp to your server.

This application may be branded with your company's name so you can offer it to your clients (both current and potential) as an incentive to continue with or sign up for your services.

(See Screenshot Here)

The Upload Utility may also be configured to read from a text file on your company's website and display the message contained within inside the upload dialog. (Screenshot)

Price
    For $16.95, you will receive a custom build of the application, branded with your company's name, as well as any future updates of the application for free.

Terms
    You may distribute your custom build to any number of clients, however you may want, under one condition: You may not offer the application for download by the general public.

Purchase!
    If you're interested in the upload utility, shoot me an email (matt@pixelwrench.com) or PM containing the following details so I can quickly configure your build and the installer!
    • Your company's name
    • Your company's website
    • Your FTP server address (If you should have multiple, just leave this blank)
    • Your FTP server port (eg 21?)
    • Your paypal email address so I may send an invoice if you should wish to purchase

I will compile your build and insure it works. Upon payment, you will receive a secure link to the installation application which you may download, store, and distribute as your own application.

Thank you and best regards!
    Matt Carpenter

Additionally, I may be interested in recruiting an additional person to help market this product who would be paid on a commission basis. Email or PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by LanceCoder; 07-26-2005 at 01:35 PM.
    [COLOR=dark-blue]Matt Carpenter[/COLOR]
    Offer your clients a brandable FTP upload utility

I'm interested.

How does the user input their username and password to the FTP site?

-Dan.

Nice is there a demo?
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Originally posted by Homeblock
    I'm interested.

How does the user input their username and password to the FTP site?

-Dan.
    After the user installs the application, a configuration dialog box will open up and allow the user to input his or her username and password, as well as adjust any connection settings if necessary. If n username or password is set, each time the user wishes to upload, they will be asked for their username and password.

Originally posted by MH-Gary
    Nice is there a demo?
    Yes, you may download a demo here. If you should notice anything not working correctly with the application, please let me know as I would like to provide compatibility for every FTP server

I have tested it with several different windows and unix FTP servers, however because of the nature of the different nonstandard methods some servers use to list directories, the "Upload to..." feature of the application may not work properly on every FTP server.

I encourage anybody interested to test their server with the demo to insure compatibility.

do you have this app in spanish ?

Originally posted by empresasdehosting
    do you have this app in spanish ?
    If you wouldn't mind translating a few lines, I would be happy to build a Spanish version.

How flexible are you on new builds?

For example. I don't want the user to have to input the FTP site, port, and upload directory. I want that to be static and chosen by me. All I want them to do in setup is in put their username and password.

Can you limit the program to only upload images? jpg/gif?

I noticed a spelling error when transferring. Successful has two c's but you have it spelled with one in the Authentification Successful message.

-Dan.

Originally posted by Homeblock
    How flexible are you on new builds?

For example. I don't want the user to have to input the FTP site, port, and upload directory. I want that to be static and chosen by me. All I want them to do in setup is in put their username and password.

Can you limit the program to only upload images? jpg/gif?

I noticed a spelling error when transferring. Successful has two c's but you have it spelled with one in the Authentification Successful message.

-Dan.
    I'll fix those spelling errors right away If you would like me to tweak the application as detailed above i'd be happy do to so. The install appilcation, however, can be configured to automatically set the server, port, and default directory fields, however I can make these non-configurable and static with your server settings if you wish.

Excellent application well worth the money

Our customers who have already started using it are very impressed.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Wow that is pretty nice. Any way to have the dialog stay open until the user closes it when the transfer is done? I was not done reading the system message You could also have a checkbox like "close this window when your upload is complete" to control the behavior.

Just a suggestion - definitely very nice software.
    Plexi Hosting and Web Services LLC - Solid hosting, gift cards

TalkShoe - Live, interactive podcasts

Originally posted by Plexi_Hosting
    Wow that is pretty nice. Any way to have the dialog stay open until the user closes it when the transfer is done? I was not done reading the system message You could also have a checkbox like "close this window when your upload is complete" to control the behavior.

Just a suggestion - definitely very nice software.
    That's a very good suggestion and I plan on implementing that in the very near future.

Thank you all for your kind words regarding this product

Let me know when you implement that and you'll have another order shortly thereafter.
    Plexi Hosting and Web Services LLC - Solid hosting, gift cards

TalkShoe - Live, interactive podcasts

Yes Excellent application well worth the money
    WHMCS Services / City Tecks
    WHMCS Development | Blesta / WISECP Developer

i have one doubt
    can't we modify coreftp which is open source ftp for this thing

though i am not sure about it

this is no sort of discouragement ,just an enquiry?

Originally posted by iahead
    i have one doubt
    can't we modify coreftp which is open source ftp for this thing

though i am not sure about it

this is no sort of discouragement ,just an enquiry?
    I'd imagine it's possible, however, to the 'average' webmaster, open source software in its self can be intimidating, and to even think about modifying it will scare many people off. This application is designed to be a functional selling point that web hosting copmanies can use as an incentive for potential customers to use their services.

Because of limitations imposed in the general public license, you may not modify and redistribute open source software as your own, unlike this software which is branded with your company's name.

I understand you're just inquiring, however I felt I should still explain the purpose of this application

I was interested in this but my first upload attempt results in an error.
    http://tinypic.com/9hrjp0.gif

Must be my luck though and I am sure you will work to make it more stable.

And iahead Its just like the "why use vbulletin when you can get phpbb for free" type of question.
    And for goodness sake its $16.95 which is a drop in the bucket.
    Last edited by Roy@ENHOST; 07-27-2005 at 03:54 AM.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Originally posted by LanceCoder
    I'd imagine it's possible, however, to the 'average' webmaster, open source software in its self can be intimidating, and to even think about modifying it will scare many people off. This application is designed to be a functional selling point that web hosting copmanies can use as an incentive for potential customers to use their services.

Because of limitations imposed in the general public license, you may not modify and redistribute open source software as your own, unlike this software which is branded with your company's name.

I understand you're just inquiring, however I felt I should still explain the purpose of this application
    thanks for your cordial reply

will get back to u shortly

Originally posted by Roy@ENHOST

And iahead Its just like the "why use vbulletin when you can get phpbb for free" type of question.
    And for goodness sake its $16.95 which is a drop in the bucket.

Can you click on the error report see what it tell you
    WHMCS Services / City Tecks
    WHMCS Development | Blesta / WISECP Developer

That's interesting that an access violation should occur while in the middle of uploading files. likely what hapened was another thread (owned by the application or not? I do not know) infringed upon the upload file buffer's memory.

I've re-written the upload code with a more secure memory management method and it's up in place of the old demo download. If you're still interested in checking it out, go ahead. If you still get the error, I'm not sure what to tell you, as I've tested this on several different machines and never encountered any such problem. I'll continue to look over the code though and make any improvements that may insure reliable memory access.

I think I'm going to try to get a bit of sleep for now. The effects of being tired don't allow for a very productive coding mindset
    Last edited by LanceCoder; 07-27-2005 at 04:20 AM.

I have a couple of questions matt, hope you can help me with them...

first one, would it be possiable for there to be a file type associated with it. So that a client could download the protrgam, and then download a config file that had their username, ftp server home dir etc in it that they just double click and it adds the infomation. I'lm trying to think of a way to make it easier for the users.

Also would it be possiablw to have multi accounts with it, so instead of upload to your host, it said upload to your host, a, which thyen expend3ed to list the different domain names they had. If that make sense.

I'm very intrested in it, but i think doing those 2 things would make it easier for users.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

Sorry for been nosy, but whats a welsh cow? are they different from other cows?
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

The ability to pop the company logo on the upload window would be nice as it would make it look less like a simple Windows feature.

G'day, I have a site: www.ftpvweb.com .. I am looking to expand the site in the future so would be interested in affiliation with you if you think suitable.
    regards, Richard.

Hi, I dont own a company, but I would like to purchase it. Just for personal use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast