Install RedHat content accelerator

I am having trouble installing the red hat content accelerator (tux) using the directions at

Do I need to have the exact versions of the kernel they specify? Do I need to get these "vanilla" versions too? Right now I have 2.4.30-grsec, so would I be able to patch that with tux3-2.4.23-A3? I tried, but it gives me this error:

can't find file to patch at input line 4
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    |diff -rNu linux-2.4.18-final/Makefile linux/Makefile
    |--- linux-2.4.18-final/Makefile Tue Apr 2 17:17:06 2002
    |+++ linux/Makefile Tue Apr 2 17:17:40 2002

I am also running WHM and used its option to install the tux rpm and it installed a 2.6 version, but I don't think it patched the kernel and everything and it won't start.

Does anyone know how to get this thing working?

United States of America
    i dont think its kernel spefic but prolly build for a certain version of redhat os /fedora
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

u think it will work with CentOS 3.4?

i put the patch in /usr/src/linux-2.4 when I got this error. It also asked me which file I wanted to patch, should I just type "Makefile" there?

you need to
    cd /usr/src/linux-2.4
    then try
    patch -p0 < path/to/patch/file/filename
    if it asks you what file to patch, Ctrl-C and do
    patch -p1 < path/to/patch/file/filename

kernel version you're trying to patch should be exact version patch is made for. If you use non-vanilla kernel, then probably tux (aka redhat content accelerator) is not for you.
    So you'll have to choose another light webserver. Most of them do their job really well anyway.