What is a pattern?
A pattern is a simple image repeated over and over on a selected area to add to an overall design of a sig, template, etc.
1. To make a simple grid pattern you must first make a Transparent, 4x4 document.
2. Zoom in to 1600%
3. Grab your pencil tool, set your foreground colour to black and draw 2 lines on the edge like so.
4. Now go to EDIT>Define Pattern, name it and press OK and your done.
5. Now to use your pattern/test it make a new document, any size transparent or white and go to EDIT>FILL and select pattern and find your grid.
6. You should end up with something like this.