What is a PR ranking.

Okay here it comes..the most newbie question ever.

What is a PR ranking on fx. Google ?

Which tools should be used to get a relaible status ?

What is the best PR0 PR6 or what are the defenitions ?

I realy hope someone can help me with this

I know it should be forbidden to ask such questions.

http://www.google.com/technology/

The pagerank is a symbol of a sites popularity. 10 is the highest, 0 is the lowest. You can use the google toolbar to see the page rank, or just an extension if you have Firefox.
    Steve

Thank you very much

I thought goggle rating tool bar was for entertainment purposes only, and that it wasnít a real rating to the goggle search engine?

I know there was a discussion about this before and goggle admitted that itís not really a true rating.

Has this changed since that?

GS

i think its kinda somewhat mixed but a pagerank is a real statistic i think as far as i understand they seem pretty consitantly reliable
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

PageRank is a real statistic - it's a relatively simple mathematical formula that assigns a basic value to each web page on the Internet and then calculates how many webpages link to each other page and how they pass that "link popularity".

PageRank is not, however, a big part of Google's ranking algorithm anymore. Whereas at one time, sevral years ago, a site with PR7 or 8 could be virtually guaranteed to rank well for any phrase it put in a title tag, nowadays, topical relevance and on-topic links with anchor text are far more important.

PageRank is sort of a leftover metric that can give you an idea if a site is a big player (or big spender with link brokers). Other than that, it's largely useless. Sites in #1 positions at Google are frequently PR3 or 4, while position 10 or 11 has the PR 6 or 7 site.

Don't focus on it too much!
    Several good tools for SEO | My SEO Blog

Originally posted by GregoryS
    I thought goggle rating tool bar was for entertainment purposes only, and that it wasnít a real rating to the goggle search engine?
    In terms of getting google traffic to your site, that little ranking is just a toy, at least in my humble opinion. However, when you're doing a business transaction, specifically with pricing up a site, Google PR is a pretty big factor.

I totally disagree with PR being such a factor, as it is much too easy for motivated individuals to artificially inflate their PR, but we don't live in a perfect world.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.