Thread: Whoiscart

Whoiscart

hi,

does any one here use this software as i would like to see a customisation of it, also does any one have a clientexec site as i am also interested in this.

thanks

Quite a few people use it (around 3000 or so if I remember correctly from whoiscart.net). What are you calling a custom whoiscart? Just a template? Hacks? Or what? You can check out my site if you would like, it's running off of whois.cart and has what you could call a small custom job. u2mike.com also uses whois.cart.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

is your system a mod? if so i think i will work mine like that

Well it's kind of a mod, a very small mod to be honest. It's just a matter of routing people through the cart a different way. To be honest I saw the way u2mike does his and decided to make mine work the same way.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

kk, so do you think whoiscart will work with my new design = www.new.redihot.com?. not finished.

also, do i have to purchase my own domain name reseller from enom or can i use the internal one from who is cart?

It can work with any site design. There is no interal enom account with whois.cart or any other cart that I know for that matter.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

Originally posted by fireback.co.uk
    do i have to purchase my own domain name reseller from enom or can i use the internal one from who is cart?
    Just want to clear this up so your not confused.

Whois.Cart has the eNom API built in (front end) but you still need signup with eNom in order to use the built-in feature.

If you search around on WHT, you will find someone that will give you (free) a "eNom reseller" account. All you will need to do then is to deposit funds into your eNom account.

As for Whois.Cart, I've used it and it works fine and can even be skinned quite heavily into your site but that requires coding knowledge. If your not into that or don't care if it doesn't look exactly like your site, it works fine right out of the box.

Yes but the recurring billing more or less sucks for WhoIsCart. You actually can't search for old recuring invoices or what they call it. The problem is that whoiscart use
    "orders" - those are the first orders of a client and invoice is beeeing sent out.
    "recurring invoices" - when an invoice is sent out, but searching amongst them later is of a mystery. Also changing them is impossible.

Actually I think whoiscart is really nice to integratem but when it comes to being a billing software it sucks. Maybe their next system will be better.

I would prefer using ClientExec, which is the next step comparing the price level.

WhoisCart can be very flexible, but does take a little knowledge to setup to get the best out of it. You can however simply install and run it "out of the box" and have a reliable billing system.

If you want to put in the time to tweaking and are preapred to read through their forums, then you can make it do almost anything you want.

Most customising can be done by simply modifying the HTML in the default templates, however you can do far more than this if you want to as many cart functions are supplied in a seperate PHP file for user customisation.

As posted previously it will integrate with your enom account or alternatively you get the option to have a slightly discounted Directi account (not as many domain types, but good for the basic .com's etc...)

I see the main selling point of WhoisCart as the fact that you can get a very quick response from their support team (often even the author) and feedback / improvements are actually taken on board & implemented.

I have it billing my hosting, domains, ADSL & Software licenses.

thanks alot, also has anyone got a version of clientexec selling hosting?

thanks

If I was you, I'd buy whoiscart now (it's only $35). Even if you don't use it.

The successor to whoiscart is Silverstar and it will do everything you need and more. The key here is that Silverstar will be a lot cheaper if you already own a license for whoiscart
    And since whoiscart is so cheap it's a good risk.

Silverstar will be released (gazes into crystal ball) By Christmas

I just bought whois.cart, got everything configured in a day.
    whois.cart support was good and quick.

Originally posted by xelhosting
    I just bought whois.cart, got everything configured in a day.
    whois.cart support was good and quick.
    Congrats Welcome to the whois.cart world. If you have questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

I used to use Whois.Cart() for my company as a billing/payment/setup system in my company's developmental stages.

As far as customizing it, it's pretty flexible and easy to do, as long as you're fairly confident of your HTML/PHP knowledge.

We stopped using it and coded our own system since we believed it would be much more beneficial to us if we had our own customized system.

Additionally, much of Whois.Cart is encrypted in Zend if you didn't know.

Otherwise, it's worth the 35 dollars, and I'd recommend it.

i am now off to purchase it, thanks alot

i have purchased it tho i have problems , my install hasnt worked, i now have this coming up :

Warning: main(/home/fireback/public_html/billing/templates/mailings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fireback/public_html/billing/functions.php on line 38

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/fireback/public_html/billing/templates/mailings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fireback/public_html/billing/functions.php on line 38

can any one help me, either fix this, or reinstall it.

thanks

Looks like you forgot to upload all the files. Make sure you upload them in binary mode as well since they are Zend encrypted.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

i have re-uploaded them in binary mode, and it almost works, i have this now come up:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fireback/public_html/billing/dbconfig.php:24) in /home/fireback/public_html/billing/drivers/session.php on line 34

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fireback/public_html/billing/dbconfig.php:24) in /home/fireback/public_html/billing/drivers/session.php on line 45

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fireback/public_html/billing/dbconfig.php:24) in /home/fireback/public_html/billing/drivers/session.php on line 45,

within session.php, at line 34 it becomes encrypted or something goes wrong, it currently looks like:

www.redihot.com/billing

Make sure there are no spaces at the top or bottom of dbconfig.php

##nothing here##
    <?php

// stuff in here

?>##nothing here##
    Mike from Zoodia.com

thanks alot, that sorted it. i now have to import my current customers from whm.

thanks

i have now signed up to directi for my domain names.

thanks for all the help

anytime, whoiscart.net's helpdesk is also amazing if you're ever in a bind
    Mike from Zoodia.com

i've become blind again, lol, i cannot get my old customers to import. sorry i am a bit of a noob at this, please explain.

thanks

You would need to install an package called cPanel/WHM HAPI (or something similar) distributed by Whois.Cart().

You can get this package in your client area on their site (near the bottom).

i have downloaded the plugin although i dont understand it, , i need to get it going

You are saying that you're trying to import customers from WHM, but WHM is just the admin part of CPanel. It does not contain any customer data. What was your previous billing script?
    Mike from Zoodia.com

i didn't have a previous script, i did it manually, bit of a long hall, with paypal subscriptions, so whm will contain my detail for users such as their domains, email addresses, and their current plan

There is no way to import that data other than by hand as far as I know.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

oh, so i have to start fresh. o well, i will look to there site for tutorials. thanks alot

Actually Saeven did make a little import script. I think you have to export a comma delimited file and then use the script on it.
    Not an official script but I htink a number of people have used it successfully.

Have a look through the whoiscart forums to find it.