Arrow Domain Transfers In on the cheap...

Hi there,

I've recently taken over the hosting admin for a graphic design company and have been sorting through the last guys legacy which is a right state. There were three hosting packages on different servers with different technologies. All the domains seem to have been registered with different people etc...

Now we've got a dedicated machine with HELM etc and are moving all the sites to that one machine. I want to also move control of all the domains to one central location too. At the moment I've opened a new 123Reg account which is taking all my .co.uk etc domains in and it doesn't cost anything to do that.

The trouble is that transferring in .com .org .biz .info and .net costs £9.99 each. Are there any hosts out there who do not charge to transfer in .com domains and the like and also have a decent control panel that can point the domains at my nameservers etc?

If there simply isn't anywhere that'll do it for nothing, where is the cheapest place (with a decent control panel). I think having one panel with 123Reg for new registrations and half the domains then another to host the legacy .coms would be all good.

Cheers,

Henry
    TwelveTen

ask them if the 9.99 transfer will include a year extension of the domain registration

I've sent them an email query, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't. If it did it's be ok price wise, but when we have a hundred odd domians, each wanting a tenner is going to become very costly indeed!

Many of our accounts are on a monthly management retainer as well so we can't really pass on transfer costs anyway.

Cheers.

transfering com/net/org adds 1 year to the expiration date, so its like you're renewing the domains during the transfer

there is alot of other places that is cheaper than 9.99 pounds like namecheap/registerfly/alot of other places you can seach the advertising forums too
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

So is that always the case with any transfer of that type, regardless of who does it?

In which case can anyone reccomend someone who has a good control panel system in place to point the domains. 123Reg isn't great looking but it's very straghtforward to use you know...

Thanks, H

i believe most registries does this, not sure about .uk since you're changing the TAG only not renewing it
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

create a directi account. Is better and are around 7 or 8 usd each; anyway my main domain is in bluerazor, because i registered all the others with the bluerazor domain.

If u want i can pm you a link to my directi page.

Yes please, that'd be cool if you could PM me, thanks.

Henry

Originally posted by Bashar
    transfering com/net/org adds 1 year to the expiration date, so its like you're renewing the domains during the transfer

there is alot of other places that is cheaper than 9.99 pounds like namecheap/registerfly/alot of other places you can seach the advertising forums too
    Is the renewal postponed and from the date of expiration or from when you transfer (loosing between 1-365 days of registration)?

for twelveten

I try tio pm you but get themessage you have not enoough messages to read it. Here is my original text.

http://50104.myorderbox.com/anacreon...ectpage=%2F%3F

Note please Directi give different prices to each reseller, is possible be a "direct reseller", no other guys between directi and you. The price directi give to you, varies around two factors:

1) how many domains sell the REAL direct directi reseller ( more domains, lower price )
    2) Sometimes the directi reseller put a extra charge for get himself a gain over subresellers.

In this case i have around 300 domains, and no gain between subresellers. Check yourself the 50104 number, change for other numbers and you can check other resellers have different prices, this is because as far i know only have directi around 1000 DIRECT resellers, and other 53000 are subresellers at 2-7 subresellers grades.

You can sign with me as a a reseller or a customer, and have the same price always. Is free sign, and you can check the conditions of DIRECTI,

C around in WHT.

I forgot say you cant change currency when you have operations; the 50104 is the number i use for my mainly operations but is in Mexican Pesos and in this number i am the DIRECT reseller, but have other number for USD operations, as a subreseller of myself.

Sounds little strange, but really directi is a save money machine in .com .org and .net domains, and normal in the other ones.

Originally posted by 777
    Is the renewal postponed and from the date of expiration or from when you transfer (loosing between 1-365 days of registration)?
    It is added onto the expiration date. If, for example, your domain name expired on September 1, 2005, and you renewed it today, the new expiration date would be September 1, 2006.

did this work? the one-year extension... because i'm in a bit of a similar boat and would like to consolidate.

let me know how it works out.

Thank you krang!

That's very good actually, I might look for some deals as some pop up now and then and allow you to move and renew for a bargain price, of course checking that I don't get trapped in.