Inexpensive Host with Dedicated IP?

Hi there, I've been perusing the forums and doing a bunch of research for the last couple of days and I'm wondering if y'all can help me out. Basically, what I'm looking for is the following:

- Fairly inexpensive and generally reliable host ($30-50/year)
    - Which I can use to run a small website for my family (hosting pictures, videos, maybe some blogging, a forum, etc.). Script installation via control panel would be nice, but not necessary. I am pretty comfortable installing and config'ing PHP software.
    - Storage and date transfer don't really matter too much, but I guess I'd like at least 200MB storage
    - Would like secure e-mail access with a decent to look at and work with webmail client, preferrably accessed through Need POP3 as well.
    - Would like dedicated IP for anon FTP uploads (so family members can upload photos and such). I don't want to create seperate FTP accounts for 20 different people.
    - I would like mysql, php, etc.
    - control panel doesn't matter to me

If I didn't have the requirement listed in bold, I would have already made up my mind (doorhost, site5, dreamhost, etc.), but finding someone with a "basic" webhosting package that also includes a dedicated IP is very, very difficult, and purchasing it as an add-on seems to bump most packages out of my price range.

Any ideas?

United Kingdom
    For your budget it may be hard to find a host that will offer you a dedicated IP. The host will have to pay for the IP range so may charge you. Take a look in the offers section or around the site.

It would be more secure to create FTP accounts for all family members instead of allowing them to connect through anon FTP.

Best of luck with your search

I guess the entry plan at would be $45/year total ($25 for the plan and $20 for the dedicated IP). The storage is only 100MB though.

Hi, animi12

WN-Ali is right, it would be more secure to create FTP accounts for all famlily members after all you dont want anyone to have rights to all your pictures or movies.

Good Luck

Deltona, Florida
    Feel free to look around the Web Hosting Offers and research them.
    WHT's Own Tekster

Do i have a "Technical Support" sign on my back?
    Listen To Tekster Radio!

Thanks tekster, but I've done that already and could not find anything that matched my requirements.

I think I am just going to give up on the dedicated IP.

Hello, animi12

Dont give up, if you dont see it advertised here ask the host they can help you out by making a special package for you. But like I said If you dont see it, Ask for it .

Good Luck

Goleta, CA
    Have you tried emailing the sales departments of hosts you like and working out a custom plan?
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

EU - east side
    I think I am just going to give up on the dedicated IP.
    Maybe creating a regular FTP account and giving them all the (same) username and password would get the job done?

New York City
    Your budget is a bit low, but many hosts will offer dedicated ip at a seperate cost, I know of a few doing so for maybe $2-3 extra / mo. which isnt a lot.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

A number of hosting companies offer a dedicated IP address but it would be more like $9.95/month,which is really not bad.
    Try the StreamSend Email Marketing Service. StreamSend is a permission-based email marketing service that offers both a private label reseller program and an affiliate program.

United States of America
    so just expect an extra 25 dollars a year
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Yes most good hosts will provide a dedicated IP at $1 or $2 US / month price. Increase your annual budget there might hosts who can give you a custom package with dedicated IP.
    Its all about exploits and latest bugs!

You don't need an IP to setup anonymous FTP access on most hosts.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Ontario Canada
    This is correct, I know many hosts don't advertise dedicated IP addresses (such as ourselves) but offer for usually $1 + a month.

Also, it is not necessary to have a dedicated IP address for FTP access. Many hosts offer anonymous ftp access via you simply need to activate it!

We Treat You Like Royalty.