Thread: Block IP

Block IP

I want Block an IP on my windows 2003 server.
    please help me

Re: Block IP

Originally posted by almas501
    I want Block an IP on my windows 2003 server.
    please help me

You know, I'm sorry to not just jump in and help you here but I'm sure others will. I'm going to chastise you for two reasons and please take the time out and really think about what I'm saying:

#1: You shouldn't be running a server if you can't even figure out how to block an ip from the server. Please switched to a fully managed provider.

#2: There is this great resource called Google ( ) that will basically help you find anything. Rather then coming here and expecting people to do the work for you I suggest you use it.

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown

Good luck

silicon and earthquakes
    Well, darksoul, it seems that IPSec on Windoze is much more than just a protocol. It is aalso a set of GUIs designed to offer at least a semblance of IP management.

It seems that you can create IP filters to block ceratin hosts, protocols, etc. I have never used it myself but I googled for "ipsec windows" and I came up with this page or this page.

Again, I am no expert when it comes to IPSec on Windows Server 2003, but it seems that jt2337 was correct in his suggestion. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Besides, attacking someone without even checking the subject first does not add substance to this subject.