Site5 hosting - what do you think ?

Hi,

I am interested in this host (learnt from it in my former godaddy thread) but I would like to have opinions about Site5 precisely hence this new thread (sorry if it is against forum rules).

All feedback is welcome !

I think that your will find a nice home for your website. Site5 is very popular.

Regards
    Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

If you search you will find plenty of reviews on them

Best of luck with your search!

Read my reviews in my sig.

Summary:

Pro - good tech service, fast
    Con - some long downtimes (but no more)

Yes site5 is a very popular host.

Best of luck

sorry if it is against forum rules
    It is not against the rules to ask for feedback on a provider, so you're safe. The rules page is always here to clear things up when you're uncertain, as are the moderators

Site5: server's been stable so far, and I am happy.

Try this out,

www.webhostdir.com

Good luck.
    Been looking for great, cheap hosts? Want advice on finding the best web hosts, dedicated server hosts, reseller hosts, and colocation hosts?
    Email me now at ****uptime@youre****ed.com for free information now!

site5 is a good host. Dont wooorrryyyy about it

They're on top of my list for the next time I look for shared hosting. You don't hear too many complaints about them.
    bigwrench

Well I tried to use them for some server admin work and the tech didn't bother to show up at the agreed time. So we found someone else. That is my only experience with Site 5.

Originally posted by WebAuth
    Well I tried to use them for some server admin work and the tech didn't bother to show up at the agreed time. So we found someone else. That is my only experience with Site 5.
    Really? Was this recently? I didn't know they did server admin work.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Well one of their techs used to do stuff for us. Until he dropped the ball on us in a tight spot. Amazing how much income people in this business seemingly do not care about.

Ok so to make it clear your problem is with a person and not Site5 as they were not the ones you had a deal with correct? Thought it was kinda weird you blamed them.

I'm looking seriously at Site5 but I wonder if I might be limiting myself with them since I don't see any plans for VPS or Dedicated Servers. I'm a long way from needing anything like that but I would like to stay with a company as I grow and they seem to have a good rep for service.

Any thoughts?
    Bob
    The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
    - African Proverb

A company is made up of PEOPLE. And those people represent the company. At least thats what I use as a guiding force in the hiring of our representatives.

A company is made up of PEOPLE. And those people represent the company. At least thats what I use as a guiding force in the hiring of our representatives.
    Ya but you were dealing with an individual, I don't think its fair to criticize a company he happens to work for that is completely not connected to the event. That would be like Bill Gates hitting me with a car and me blaming Microsoft for their reckless driving.

to be honest i think this is almost or is the first site5 thread on WHT ive come across ever or for a long time....................... if someone claims bad news id investigate it ............... i know it looks like to me they sure spend a lot of money on webhostingtalk for advertising ....... so they must have some mucho mucho denaro
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

to be honest i think this is almost or is the first site5 thread on WHT ive come across ever or for a long time
    Actually Site5's been mentioned regularly around here, but if you compare it to the period when they were advertising their Superhosting on WHT, then you do have a point.
    i know it looks like to me they sure spend a lot of money on webhostingtalk for advertising ....... so they must have some mucho mucho denaro
    Where are you going with this?

Well one of their techs used to do stuff for us. Until he dropped the ball on us in a tight spot. Amazing how much income people in this business seemingly do not care about.
    WebAuth,

Drop me a PM, email to my private address or even an IM (I believe it is listed on my profile) and we can discuss this issue. My email address is thawes [..@..] site5.com.

I would love to look into this issue for you (if it was dealing with Site5 as a company, personal dealings outside of Site5 I can't really do much with). Please contact me and lets see what we can solve!

Thanks for all the compliments and recommendations guys, we really do appreciate everyones continued support!
    HostGator.com - A worldwide leader in Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting.

No thanks,

The damage has already been done and I have made the effort to recover from it without your assistance. I would say the best thing you can do is make changes in the kind of people you hire to represent you. Good tech skills or not they need to be taught to DO WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL DO.

Pros - Friendly, prompt support, good features and nice setup, I love multi-site and my control panel and such.

Cons - I've had 2 refunds in as many months, reason being? Downtime and delayed signup process, I have recently been going through agonising mysql errors but finally that seems to have been resolved. The problem with site5 is, their support while freindly and pleasing, don't actually seem to solve the problem......it's only when you complain on wht or contact matt personally that something is actually done.

My personal experience with Site5 is very good. I've been with them a couple of months, and they have always been quick and professional when responding to support tickets. I have had no complaints, and I can recommend them.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic