Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down FRAUD ALERT - WHT User Whocares - Gokan Coban/Gokan Uslu/Hostuse.net/Datamerkezi.net

WARNING - FRAUD ALERT

WHT User Whocares, Gokan Coban aka Gokan Uslu, has defrauded our company of at least $1300 by using a stolen credit card over a period of three months. This user has also charged additional charges that we predict will also probably be charged back.

He posts on WHT quite often, so we wanted to post this here so that everyone he tries to order from could be warned.

His info from sign up:

Datamerkezi A.S
    Gökhan Coban
    Hsin-Hai Rd
    Istanbul GH 19274
    Turkey

IP: 81.214.174.231
    HOSTNAME: dsl81-214-44775.adsl.ttnet.net.tr
    USER AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

E-mail address used: whom@mynet.com

Some IP Addresses he logged in from:

Related domain names of customer:

hostuse.net
    shellmasters.com
    datamerkezi.gen.tr (no longer valid, but used in original signup)
    datamerkezi.net
    wcomtr.com

Possible related domain names:

hostmerkezi.net
    turkhelp.net
    sonhost.com
    girdebak.net

We're going to continue to investigate, but thought that we should post this so that everyone on WHT would hopefully be able to avoid the losses that we've incurred.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Ashburn, VA, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, and Manchester, UK
    Since 2003 - 20+ Years! Dedicated Servers, Co-location, DDoS Filtering, Data Backup & More!
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the heads up.
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for warning
    Cheap Webhosting With HELM Control Pannel Visit http://www.stinghosting.co.uk
    Please mail me if needed.
      0 Not allowed!

As we feared, additional chargebacks have been filed today. Our total loss is about $2800.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Since 2003 - 20+ Years! Dedicated Servers, Co-location, DDoS Filtering, Data Backup & More!
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the headsup.
      0 Not allowed!

this guys are seem to be Turkish

datamerkezi.gen.tr this domain name only puchased from http://www.nic.tr (official Trukish domain names site, ask them)

and you can access them via ip's you can ask ww.ttnet.net.tr the only adsl service provider they are government company,

good luck
    Kind regards
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like these guys are back using the domain lnwservers.com.

Potential afflilation with camfrog.com.

Hope this helps someone avoid a loss that ended up being over $3,000 for us.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

Here's the current whois for lnwservers.com:

Registrant:
    Gokhan USLU (LNWSERVERS-COM-DOM)
    ataturk Cad NO:6
    Canakkale,
    Turkiye
    destek@hostuse.com

Domain Name: LNWSERVERS.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Gokhan USLU destek@hostuse.com
    Canakkale,
    Turkiye

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
    Gokhan USLU destek@hostuse.com
    Canakkale,
    Turkiye

Record last updated on 27-Nov-2005.
    Record expires on 07-Nov-2006.
    Record created on 07-Nov-2005.

Domain servers in listed order:

Name Server: ns1.lnwservers.com
    Name Server: ns2.lnwservers.com
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

Do you have any proof you can supply? My hosting company current rents servers to this person.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaCT
    Do you have any proof you can supply? My hosting company current rents servers to this person.
    "Registered: Oct 2000

QuickPacket is a legitimate company - I see no further need for proof really.
    With that said I'm still against posting client's information on any forum - whether they've defrauded you or not.

Get sue happy, not private information-distribution happy.
    That or theres always the 'have his legs broken' method.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by David
    "Registered: Oct 2000

QuickPacket is a legitimate company - I see no further need for proof really.
    With that said I'm still against posting client's information on any forum - whether they've defrauded you or not.

Get sue happy, not private information-distribution happy.
    That or theres always the 'have his legs broken' method.
    I wish there was a -good- database open to Web Hosting providers that would allow us share and post fraudulent order information so we can do a search on new sign up's before we spend any money making a long distance phone call to verify any orders that seem a little off...
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.
      0 Not allowed!

We unfortunately cannot share any additional information other than what we have. Best of luck in your efforts against this person.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

If you claim this is legit why can you not share any information unless it is false?
      0 Not allowed!

If you claim this is legit why can you not share any information unless it is false?
    Because there's a fine line between information and slander. Cross it and not only are you out the initial $ but you end up sued to boot. I for one can't blame him.

-Roger
      0 Not allowed!

Exactly. A database for fraudulent orders would be great. Something to look into.
    FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
    Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.
      0 Not allowed!

You cant create a database for fraud alert when people are not willing to provide proof to back what they say, otherwise anyone can post whatever they want.
      0 Not allowed!

As far as an incomplete database is concerned, this would be preferable to no database at all. At least this way there is something to reference when taking orders. It is not as though this would be the end all fraud detection system.

Just something that needs a little research and deployment. Could be interesting.
    FrogJumper.com, Superb Cpanel Web Hosting.
    Excellent, High Paying Affiliate Program.
      0 Not allowed!

we have been thinking of making a script that providers can submit any info of fraud into a database that could be called on when orders are being placed by anyone using the service.

Any ideas on what all you would like to see in it or that it could do? I am open to suggestions as this seems like a really needed service with so much fraud these days.
    www.ihostdev.com iHost v3 in beta Host Automation - iPanel v4 beta With Forced Ads in User Sites, illegal file scanner, and new post 4 hosting feature
    www.domainuptime.comSite monitoring
      0 Not allowed!

We were simply trying to help others with some information that could prevent further fraud. Why would we post false information? What could we possibly gain from it?

I am not about to go into further details like credit card information because I believe we'd probably lose our merchant account for sharing such information, fraudulent or not. That could also open us up to potential liability to the cardholders.

I'm sorry these guys got you too, but I really have shared everything I can.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

You cant create a database for fraud alert when people are not willing to provide proof to back what they say, otherwise anyone can post whatever they want.
    If anyone else does not believe this information, I can try to get someone from CDG Commerce to come post here confirming the chargebacks. I really don't feel that is necessary, but if anyone else doesn't believe me, I wouldn't mind asking them to post to the thread.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

I think you miss understood, I would never ask for or expect credit card numbers, but things like a screen shot of the paypal chargeback, or screen shot of it with the email that paid you would help.
      0 Not allowed!

There was never any PayPal chargeback. All chargebacks came through our VISA/Mastercard merchant account with CDG Commerce.

The only thing I have are paper documents and information from the web portal from our merchant account provider which I really couldn't release. I would have to black out most of the information on there in order to post it at all because it contains account numbers primarily.

If your attorney thinks it would help you in your action against this person, have your attorney contact us directly and we will check with our attorneys to see what we can legally release to you.
    Last edited by qps; 12-20-2005 at 01:41 AM.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by datapimp.com
    I worked with a Turk for a couple of years, and he was constantly telling us, "Do not accept order from Turkey ever, for anything! They will never to pay! People in Turkey, they pay for nothing!"
    So right so wrong. I'm not happy to say that but there is 50% chance of fraud from Turkey orders. Try to use another payment options to accept from Turkey, like Western Union, Wire Transfer. Also you can get his/her personal identification number during registration and check it via http://tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/Web/Verif...ityNumber.aspx to understand if he/she is real person or fake.

I've sold my site
      0 Not allowed!

First, sorry for my english.

This is me ( Gokhan USLU ) claimed as a frauder by Quickpaket. Let me
    try to explain this :

We have a company named MemSoftware which established March/2005. We sell
    dedicated server as a reseller from different datacenters, shared hosting
    reseller hosting and management services.I was doing this as individually before
    company.

This is an issue nearly 1 year old. As I remember we got a guy who wanted us to
    manage his dedicated servers because he was a newbie.Then of course we
    accepted him to manage his servers for 100 $ monthly.Then a month
    later we recieved a chargeback from him on paypal too, Here is the details about
    charge back :

Payment Received (ID #0R546132NE725462P)

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
    Jun. 8, 2005 Payment From Gokhan Coban Completed ... $222.00 USD -$7.85 USD $214.15 USD

Related Transactions
    Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
    Jun. 9, 2005 Update From Gokhan Coban Completed Details $222.00 USD -$7.85 USD $214.15 USD
    Jul. 29, 2005 Temporary Hold For Buyer Dispute Removed Details -$222.00 USD $7.85 USD -$214.15 USD
    Aug. 8, 2005 Update From Reversal Cancelled Details $214.15 USD $0.00 USD $214.15 USD
    Aug. 8, 2005 Transfer To Chargeback Settlement Completed Details -$222.00 USD -$10.00 USD -$232.00 USD

Then we learned that he was using stolen credit cards to buy dedicated servers or anything.

Quicketpacket concluded us as frauder because of a thread on WHT ( Review Thread ) . As I told above,
    We have currently 15 dedicated servers from different datacenters ( Some of them used for selling
    virtual dedicated servers, some of them customer's dedicated servers and rest of them are for media and voice
    streaming ) Also , now we have 8 customers who have subscriptions with our management packages.They give us company's ,where
    they bought dedicated servers, helpdesk or customer management login details to control if server goes down.

Quickpacket can sue me for this if they would like, but I have my bank statements What I paid for dedicated servers
    or which company I already pay.This is a misunderstanding, We have lost money too. I am sorry for Quickpacket too.

They can sue him if they had some verification tools like credit card photocopy or telephone confirmation.

I am not a frauder nor my company.
      0 Not allowed!

It's quite simple: Did you or did you not issue chargebacks totalling over $2800 to QuickPacket?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast