Cerberus/Kayako allows separate mail server piping?

I've looked at both Cerberus and Kayako and neither seems to support separate email server piping. This is important for me as I have my ModernBill server separated from my mail server for security and load reasons.

Do they both not support this? Do I have to stick with DeskPro, which has it and works great? The only reason I want to switch is due to DeskPro not being integrated with ModernBill, which is a pain. Their next version will supposedly integrate, but seeing the pace of development, I've given up on waiting.

Cerberus should work as it uses a phaser and XML to pipe an email...

All you'd need to do is change the phase URL to www.webserver.com/phase.php and it should work

Check the Kayako forums as there is a hack to get it working. I found it last night whilst setting up our v3 install

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Originally posted by SpiritAu
    Cerberus should work as it uses a phaser and XML to pipe an email...

All you'd need to do is change the phase URL to www.webserver.com/phase.php and it should work
    Thanks I'll look into it. Do you have an url where this is documented?

Originally posted by vaserv
    Check the Kayako forums as there is a hack to get it working. I found it last night whilst setting up our v3 install

Rus
    I've seen that same hack. It's way too convoluted for something that can be done simply. I don't want to have to set up password-less SSH, then copy the mail file, etc etc. It should just be the mail server acting directly.

When you setup the Cerberus email parser, you specify the location of the parser.php file (located in the Cerberus GUI installation) in the config.xml file. You just need to point it at the location (whether its on the same server or a different one) and it should work straight away without any problems
    Alasdair

Thanks for the info!

When you say point it at the location, do you mean it can be a URL or a physical path? I'm not a current Cerberus customer so I don't have the documentation on this.

Originally posted by Skeptical
    Thanks for the info!

When you say point it at the location, do you mean it can be a URL or a physical path? I'm not a current Cerberus customer so I don't have the documentation on this.
    I really should know this for sure, but I'm 99% certain its just a URL.
    Alasdair

I can confirm that it is a URL. This is set in the file config.xml at the location where you install the cerberus binary.
    .: Signature not required nor available at present time :.

In this instance, piping really isn't the best option. Piping is GREAT if you've got everything on the same server, but, if you don't, then you will most likely need to use the pop option, which is designed for this specific thing.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Use the IMAP option

This is what the IMAP option is for. It works fine we've helped people set it up this way.

12. Re: Use the IMAP option

Good one!
    A simple solution for a problem that seems too complicated.
    Sometimes I just think that people pipe for the sake of piping (maybe it sounds more macho to use PIPE instead of IMAP) , thats just me though.

Originally posted by a2hosting
    This is what the IMAP option is for. It works fine we've helped people set it up this way.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?