Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Rofl! Visit and have a laugh!

http://www.angelfire.com/rings/judy_patch/

Friend stumbled accross it. Was rofling all the way down!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Patch
    Every Hard drive has a unique IP address. An IP address is used by the internet so the governmnet can keep track of you. That way if someone is doing something illegal, such as hacking, the government or police can identify this person by their IP address, simmilar to a cars liscence plate.

LOL

Central Programming Unit

the C.P.U. (or 'motherboard' as it is more commonly known) is the main part of hardware you need to know about. It is a large circuit that is made up of tiny microscopic wires and connections that pass data to different parts of the computer.

All computers have C.P.U.s

The C.P.U. has many plugs and slots for various other pieces of computer hardware such as R.A.M., a chip, cards, FDD disk drives, A.G.P. cards etc...

The C.P.U. looks quite complicated, but is in fact quite simple.

A C.P.U.'s speed is measured by the amount of busses it has. A Bus is a tiny microscopic electronic component that carries computer data. The more busses a cpu has, the more data can be carried at once, the faster it is. Most of today's modern C.P.U.s have over 700 busses.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Is this website a mick take..I'm not sure

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Is this a joke site?

I hope no one takes this site seriously... lol

has anyone tried to email this person?

Code:
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage Express 2.0">
    Looks real to me.

Edit: Talking about DDR3 in 2007 killed it.

1) if this was written today, none of the images would be so outdated
    2) is there even a purpose to DDR3? i thought ram had maxed out at around 4gb/stick, and ODR would be the next standard.

It can't be real! I can't fathom that anyone could be that stupid! No, it can't be!!! My IQ has just gotten 50 points lower!

very educational thanks for the link guys i never knew my hard drive had an ip address i wounder if i change harddrives will i change ips?

my friend told me this only happens when you have a mac? .... and not a pc?
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Every Hard drive has a unique IP address. An IP address is used by the internet so the governmnet can keep track of you. That way if someone is doing something illegal, such as hacking, the government or police can identify this person by their IP address, simmilar to a cars liscence plate.
    lmao...so Judy is telling me the government has been spying on us all, all this time?

If this is real, I really don't know to laugh and cry.

Even though every part of the site seem to indicate that the author is serious, I sure hope that this is just a joke or something...

Imagine a kid getting info off that site to do his/her school project on computers./..
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Originally posted by freak
    Imagine a kid getting info off that site to do his/her school project on computers./..
    Patch, Judy. "A beginners guide to computer hardware." <http://www.angelfire.com/rings/judy_patch/>.

Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

This has got to be the funniest:
    stealing IP addresses is illegal and I will not be explaining how to do it here.
    Brad Baker
    XYZulu Hosting

It kinda looks like a little kid ---
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

I was wondering whether it was supposed to be taken seriously until I got to the bit at the bottom about every hard drive having an IP address so the government can track you

I wouldn't be surprised if her delusions are a reality in a few years...

Sounds to me like a recent graduate of one the fine technical trade schools out there today.

A few years ago when I was in the semi conductor business I needed to interview a for trainees for new field enginers to do service work on our euipment and I had a well know technical school send about 30 grads over, I asked each some very simple questions like explain ohms law, how do you calculate the power drop across a resitor etc..
    You would not believe some of the answers I got, one guy even gave me newtons law of gravity in place of ohms law.

I shook my head in wonder at how a school could take someones money and turn them loose on the world thinking they knew what they were doing.

Obviously (or... hopefully) this was like a school project done by an elementary schooler. Judy probably thought it was good enough to have created such a spiffy looking web site that they really didn't care for the information that was on there.

I remember my very first web site that was hosted by Geocities... most useless information ever but I was simply proud of the fact that I did it in notepad by hand!

Originally posted by Techark
    A few years ago when I was in the semi conductor business I needed to interview a for trainees...
    No way... I'd never thought anyone would have had any experience or background in semicons at WHT.

I asked each some very simple questions like explain ohms law, how do you calculate the power drop across a resitor etc..
    You would not believe some of the answers I got, one guy even gave me newtons law of gravity in place of ohms law.
    You sure they knew what kind of job they were being interviewed for?

Originally posted by alpha

No way... I'd never thought anyone would have had any experience or background in semicons at WHT.

You sure they knew what kind of job they were being interviewed for?
    25 years of test floors and wafer fabs.

Oh yeah they knew, it was a tech school for electronics, a very well known one that still advertises today.

[OT] but...

25 years of test floors and wafer fabs.
    Wow. I couldn't stand 4 months of microelectronics/semicon concepts (although the actual integrated circuits fabrication looked rather interesting)... but 25 years?!

Oh yeah they knew, it was a tech school for electronics, a very well known one that still advertises today.
    Uhh... hopefully, it's not the same school I'm at right now.

So if one of my busses drives into the sound card, that's a computer crash, right?

hahah it is halarious.
    OMF
    Off Topic Forum - An Off Topic discussion Forum.

hahhahaa .. crack me up .. =))

Sounds to me like a recent graduate of one the fine technical trade schools out there today.
    I agree, but some deserve more credit than others, who teach virtually nothing.

A few years ago when I was in the semi conductor business I needed to interview a for trainees for new field enginers to do service work on our euipment and I had a well know technical school send about 30 grads over, I asked each some very simple questions like explain ohms law, how do you calculate the power drop across a resitor etc..

I shook my head in wonder at how a school could take someones money and turn them loose on the world thinking they knew what they were doing.
    That's insane. I can't believe that people working in that business wouldn't know what Ohm's law was.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha
    I remember my very first web site that was hosted by Geocities... most useless information ever but I was simply proud of the fact that I did it in notepad by hand!
    Aww... I made mine using the built-in WYSIWYG editor when I was 10. I wasn't "1337" enough to use Notepad.

Looks like some wally has hacked our lovely site
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support

Wow... That site is absolutely halarious! This cannot be for real! funny stuff there. I don't think anyone can be that dumb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast