Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much do you drink?

Throughout my childhood in an Italian household, home made wine was consumed (by the adults) on a daily basis at dinner. A glass or two was customary. FYI, home made has a higher alcohol content than store bought wine. But still, you never saw anyone sloshed. It was just part of the culture.

As an adult, I (infrequently) have a glass of wine (or two) with dinner. I rarely have beer. But I do have the occasional martini (or three).

How much alcohol do you drink? What do you have? And how often?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I'm not a drinker (21 yrs old). When I'm out with friends, I may have a colada.

What's a colada?

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Pina colada

Strawberry colada (my favorite!)
    http://www.naturesflavors.com/images...y-Colada-M.jpg

Doh. Of course. Thanks.

So you're not a wine drinker?

Vito

I'm Italian, and sometimes I'll have red wine with my mom at dinner. When I go to Italy to visit family (every other summer), I end up drinking every night with them and since I'm not use to it, i get dunk dirty style.

I don't drink all too often. During the summer months, we pile some wood in to our chimney (pronounced, 'shim-i-nay) in the garden, and light that, then sit around it with a few beers and some wine.

Depending on the weather, it can happen between one and three times a week.

Although, I often do not drink at those times. When I do though, I generally drink beer, mainly budweiser, or the original version (non-Americanised version) of Budweiser, called Budwar. Maybe the odd San Miguel.

When we have a full blown drinking session though, I tend to drink a few spirits, mainly Aftershock, and vodka+coke. Although, I have very bad memories of Aftershock, so for the last 4 months or so it has sat on the shelf, slowly fermenting and collecting sugar at the bottom.

We'll have to test you at the BBQ in a few weeks, Jamie.

Vito

I only really drink Courvasier or Hennessey. If I go out for a laugh, I stick with Smirnoff Ice.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

I plan on staying fresh, rather than getting legless at the BBQ, Vito. As you know, I'm attending Wonderland the day after the BBQ, so getting legless is out of the question. Although, I'm sure you can all force the beer down me, but be warned, I *will* get myself arrested if you do that.

I do not drink alcohol at all, but I do drink a lot of water.

I don't drink enough!
    Currently about once a week - two or three beers per sitting.

Stella, Corona, etc.

I usually drink twice a month if that and its a lot when I do (at least a 26 of Vodka) because any less really isn't going to do much. I'm not a beer drinker but I will have the occasional glass of wine with the family. I love my hard liqure

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

Originally posted by Equentity - Jamie
    I plan on staying fresh, rather than getting legless at the BBQ, Vito. As you know, I'm attending Wonderland the day after the BBQ, so getting legless is out of the question. Although, I'm sure you can all force the beer down me, but be warned, I *will* get myself arrested if you do that.
    Then where's the fun at Jamie?

I don't drink a lot anymore, I used to drink pretty much, social drinker and whenever it gets hot and a nice beer will cool you down! I've gotten "used" to the heat as much as possible, while working in the heat, I can't drink of course so I just drink water or a pop here and there. I still drink a beer here or there, never was a wine drinker, probably never will be either.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

I plan on staying fresh, rather than getting legless at the BBQ, Vito.
    Hehe, plan on being tricked into drunkdom. Michael (blue27) has given me a recipe for vodka infused watermelon. So as you nibble on the watermelon slices in my backyard, little do you know that they are saturated with Smirnoffs!!!

Vito

< Vito

Don't you dare make me vomit all over Simon at Wonderland, I'm not too bothered, but Simon won't be best pleased.

Then where's the fun at Jamie?
    Trust me, I'll make the fun.

< Vito

Don't you dare make me vomit all over Simon at Wonderland, I'm not too bothered, but Simon won't be best pleased.
    Hehe, blame Blue for his concoction.

Vito

I best not, Michael scares me, I wouldn't dare confront Michael, with his debating skills here on WHT I'll keep well out of the mans way.

Anyway, if you go down with food poising at the BBQ, Michael is our next best cook, so I have to be nice to him.

Originally posted by Xoopiter-Jeff
    I usually drink twice a month if that and its a lot when I do (at least a 26 of Vodka) because any less really isn't going to do much. I'm not a beer drinker but I will have the occasional glass of wine with the family. I love my hard liqure

Jeff
    I used to love vodka, lately i've been drinking Wisers and Bacardi though, normally grab a 26er or a 40..

I'm 19, prime partying years, so I tend to do this alot of Fridays/Saturdays especially if im at a club...

Re: How much do you drink?

[i]

As an adult, I (infrequently) have a glass of wine (or two) with dinner. I rarely have beer. But I do have the occasional martini (or three).

How much alcohol do you drink? What do you have? And how often?

Vito [/B]
    Its strange how cultures affect drinking habits.
    I lived in Holland for 15 yrs and drinking is a social event, it would be rare to get really drunk and if so it would be after many hours - now back in the USA everyone seems to want to get wasted as fast as possible.

I dont drink much now but enjoy a good bourbon from time to time or some wine though there are not many good brands here unless you really go shopping around.

On average, possibly around 3/4 beers a week at the moment.
    However, over my lifetime it would be very little - in the 0.000 - 0.001 range per week! (Probably)

Jord

I love beer and wine, but as someone who appreciates the characteristics of their taste, not the effects on my memory

I have a bad habit of enjoying very expensive beers. My beers of choice are Corsendonk Brown Ale, any of the Three Floyds pale/India ales (I hate pale beers normally, but Three Floyds is exceptional), and practically anything from Rogue Brewery. Shakspeare Stout is my all-time favorite. It's so thick, you can almost stand a spoon straight up in it I'm not generally a fan of Lambics, but Kreik has its place in my pantry here and there. I've splurged on occasion on a bottle or three of Chimay, but at $10-15/bottle, this is not a good habit to keep (plus the lighter content beers aren't all that good). I generally hate hefeweizens, but drop a shot of Chambord straight down the middle of one, glass and all, and you have an interesting treat

But I don't drink very much beer at all really. My main love is wines, again, from the perspective of an appreciator of viticulture and the product it creates. I would hesitate to call myself a connoisseur , because I simply haven't done enough tasting or research to put myself into that category. Perhaps I'd say I'm a casual connoisseur, something in-between the non-wine drinker and the afficionado.

As for drinking "on a mission," I do this rarely, but when I do, I play for keeps
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I drank way more than my share for many, many years so I don't have any more shares. I gave up drinking 10 years ago.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Last night i had a 20 something ounce bottle of sierra nevada pale ale (beer).

A few weeks ago, i drank a quart of captain morgan parrot bay rum.

A week before that, i went to 2 different bars, and had 3 white russians.

A few days before that, i drank 3 beers, and about 5 shots of jameson.

If i have the money, I'm probably going to go to the store and pick up a bottle of malibu rum I've had my eye on. If i don't have enough, I'll probably get some vodka.

I don't like beer much. It's much too bitter. I'll try and make sure to buy some orange juice with that vodka.

I usually drink to get drunk. It's just more fun that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast