Thumbs down Servercity Colocation???

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with Servercity? I am having the most bizarre experience trying to sign up for colocation with them. I've been trying for almost 3 weeks to become a customer but they don't seem to want my business.

It took 3 requests over several days just to get a quote and another week and more requests to get a contract. I then had a simple question but they would not respond. After days of badgering the sales person replied and, instead of just answering my simple questions, told me to contact support or billing if I wanted a faster response. I emailed them immediately and have never, ever, received any reply.

Finally, after practically begging sales to reply, I got a one line answer to my question. No apologies for ignoring me, no explanations, not a friendly word.

I probably shouldn't have, but I signed and faxed in the contract last week hoping that would light a fire under them. Not a chance. I've received no acknowledgment or instructions on what to do next. I guess a friendly "Thank you for your business" or "Welcome to Servercity" is out of the question for them.

I am baffled how this company stays in business. I have never dealt with such an incompetant sales department. Do the owners of Servercity know that their sales people totally ignore people who want to become customers and have their wallets open? Why bother having a sales person?

Is it just me or have others also been treated this poorly by Servercity? Are they going out of business? Should I be running away from them as fast as I can? The only reason I keep trying is that I really want to colo in the Internap facility here in Boston and they have the best price.

Thanks for any info or feedback.

Are you talking about the UK ServerCity company?

If so, take a look at:

Kind regards,
    Kris -
    Premium Dell Windows/Linux dedicated servers in London
    Great value shared hosting & ADSL.
    PM/Email for no-obligation quotes.

No, it's Servercity in the US. I don't know if they are affiliated with UK:

Brighton, MI
    sounds like a good time to move on, what geographical location do you want?

Funny you say that. I inquired about colocation with them a month or two ago and haven't received even one email or phone call back either..

They are located in the Boston area if anyone wants to know.

I met with SC to tour their Malbourough facility to co-lo 5 servers.

First realize they are a very small company - maybe 3 or 4 full time employess, and a few contractors scattered around the country.

The co-owner I met with was certainly knoweledgable and friendly, but was slow to respond to emails, etc. I was this |-| close to signing on, when I called to find out what kind of racks were in the facility (Square-hole or round hole). I needed/wanted square hole Dell racks.. it took me about two or three weeks to get that info out of them, and it was like pulling teeth. Then for some reason, all my emails were "getting lost" due to mail server problems on their end. Anyway, to make a long story short, I dumped them before I signed the contract. I think SC would work for people wanting to co-lo one, maybe two servers in their racks (shared with other peoples' equipment), but not me, who ended up needing a full 1/2 rack.

I ended up going with Netriplex(.com). They are also on the small side (not as small as SC), but are absolutely first-class in terms of customer support, responsivness, helpfullness, cost, etc. I could not be happier with their services and pricing for co-lo.

Netriplex resells space at - the old HarvardNet facility - across the highway from the Internap facility in Somerville. Lots of space, great, clean bandwidth, very accessible, etc.

If you have more questions about Netriplex or BDC, you can PM me. I work for neither company, just a happy customer.

Thanks Hanc, I'll look into Netriplex. The good customer service and responsiveness would be welcome. It's now 3 weeks since I sent SC my contract and I've never heard a word from them.

Thanks for your reply and the tip about Netriplex.