Fraudulant site ...

securedcheck.com

PayPal Fraud, I did a WHOIS and emailed the person to take the website down but they are just sending abusive emails to me.

Any other way to take it down?
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

It's a mistake to send email to a spammer. You should send email about a spammer to his ISP and to any big company he is spoofing or pirating. It looks like the site is shut down for the moment. For Paypal spoofing sites it is best to report it to
    https://www.paypal.com/ewf/f=pps_spf
    If you lose that link, just start with the paypal.com and follow link to Security Center.

On checking the whois, I find securedcheck.com hosted and registered with Yahoo. This is not surprising. Yahoo does nothing about Yahoo-hosted spamvertised sites based on individual complaints. If a big company like Paypal raises a fuss with them, Yahoo may pull the plug.

I reported it to PayPal, but it really annoys me the way they con other web users who dont quite understand the concept of Phishing.

Is there any way of sending a DDOS attack (i think its this) to take the website down?

Originally posted by tonymaclennan1
    I reported it to PayPal, but it really annoys me the way they con other web users who dont quite understand the concept of Phishing.

Is there any way of sending a DDOS attack (i think its this) to take the website down?
    If you were to do this, you would be breaking the law bigtime and would probably end up serving more jail time than the fraudster himself.

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Originally posted by effusionx1
    If you were to do this, you would be breaking the law bigtime and would probably end up serving more jail time than the fraudster himself.

Jord
    I wouldn't do it myself, I dont know how I would do it.

I dont think I would be caught though, although I wouldn't take the risk.

I understand your frustrations, I receive at least 10 Paypal/Ebay phishing emails a day. But we cannot fight crimes with crimes, cool down report to the relevant authorities.

Originally posted by tonymaclennan1

Originally posted by boonchuan
    I understand your frustrations, I receive at least 10 Paypal/Ebay phishing emails a day. But we cannot fight crimes with crimes, cool down report to the relevant authorities.
    I've just checked my [email protected] email, and received around 8, majority with different emails, all for PayPal. And I receive several/day from eBay for my personal email address.

More needs to be done, but now money comes in to the equation, which they would like to keep down.

Yes, most of the time I do, but, although i shouldn't, sometimes I will just delete them so I can check my other emails.

When you are really fedup with them, just "login" into their "paypal" account and you can type what you think of them.......

I hope they get caught.

I know what I would like to do with them.

I do not think they can catch any, at most they succeed in closing down the phishing sites, but you close down 1, 2 spring up. A lot are using auto signups, hacking or fake credit cards to get the hosting accounts. Not easy to catch at all.

Originally posted by boonchuan
    When you are really fedup with them, just "login" into their "paypal" account and you can type what you think of them.......
    You might want to be careful about doing that, especially if you are running Windows. Some sites could try to download trojans. That's one reason why I usually use linux to surf the web, even though I also have Windows.