TailorMadeServers - Jose MIA

A server that came with a company which we purchased is currently at TMS at The Planet - and has been down for an hour and a half. We've opened an urgent ticket and IMed Jose but we've received no response... I've called the Planet directly and they can't help us... and now this server is dead in the water until Jose responds.

I'm not fanatical and expect a response time in 2.5 minutes, but I DO expect a response time within 1.5 hours... and after this episode I will certainly be migrating the customers on this box to a server in our colo.

I'm very distressed right now that I have no way of getting this server back online until one person response... is he in a 2 hour movie? is he out drinking with his friends? Will I have to wait until the morning for him to respond?
    Last edited by MaB; 07-23-2005 at 10:54 PM.
    Avi B

Have you tried calling them?

I called the number in the whois - voicemail right away
    Avi B

It's now been almost 3 hours and no response...
    Avi B

I wouldn't expect posting this on WHT to help.

Sadly it appears from your post TMS is a one man show. When the one man show also has a life, it causes issues. Being patient is the best thing you can do right now as obviously your options are limited, which would be a horrible situation to be in.

You could try leaving a message, and try calling that number a couple times.

That's really sad. That's not something I would expect from TMS. You should ask for a refund, or atleast a partial refund. But for now, I would leave a voicemail message.

Please keep us posted on how things work out.

Appears to be idling in YIM.

Avi B

TailorMadeServers -- :-/ I haven't heard anything bad about them before -- but now in your case this is really sad ... may be you should not go panic as that can cause damage to your business -- also you should look for some compensation of downtime ...

hopefully you get out of this situation soon ..

Jose has responded (for some reason, the ticket system sent us no emails to let us know of updates) and the situation is being worked on...

Thanks for letting me vent
    Avi B

Once we got in touch he was very very helpful in getting a KVM-over-IP setup and having the datacenter techs drop a cdrom in for me... once that was in place I was able to fix my box... I do appreciate Joses help
    Avi B

Hi there,

Good to see you got your problems sorted out. Good luck with the migration! Don't forget though, that just because the service was good, the delay was unacceptable and you really need to be claiming compensation for that reason.

Goopd luck!

good to know since we were thinking of using them and now i will rethink.

Glad to hear that you got helped. I had some problems with TMS at the start of the year and migrated two boxes away and even though I pay more now I have been thankful everyday that I did that.

I purchased a company that was using TMS and one day after I took over the company a customer started spamming and Jose pulled the plug on the box with NO notification to me at all (and yes he was aware that had bought the company and had my contact info).

That box was down for over close to 12 hours if I remember correctly and the whole time it was down I had no idea what was going on....for all I knew the DC had blown up.

I hate to badmouth anyone and I would like to note that the day before I pulled my second box Jose was very helpful with a problem that occured, but I think everyone should know that communication with TMS is difficult at best.

-Billy

Originally posted by MTSpace at WHT
    Hi there,

Good to see you got your problems sorted out. Good luck with the migration! Don't forget though, that just because the service was good, the delay was unacceptable and you really need to be claiming compensation for that reason.

Goopd luck!
    Unless the company in question offers 24x7 support, I'm not quite sure how you can fault them.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Wasn't this company somehow tied in with AngelNetworkz, the multiple bankruptcy hosting co run off friends' paypal accounts and borrowed CC processing?

It may not be, just sounds like a name that was tossed around last time ANz went out of business (for a while).
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Well I think the problem is sorting out the small shops or in some cases the one man shops from companies that can be held responsible for SLA. We had a worst possible experiance with Virtuoso Net Solutions (we will leave the full conversation on this topic for another thread) so we do not like one man shop since down time cant be tolerated.

I've been a satisfied customer of TMS/Jose for well over 2+ yrs. and during that time, they have been courteous and quick to respond to support issues. Uptime is great and they would have no problem in crediting your account due to downtime (according to there SLA).

In regards to AN, I believe they hosted a few boxes for them but that's it; I believe some customers wanted there data, etc. but you know that could present problems...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and here is my $.02
    ProficientHost
    http://www.proficienthost.com
    Delivering Quality Hosting, Design & Dedicated Servers
    WHT's 1M Topic Creator - Proud Registered User

3 month old thread.

Hi Avi,

From a dedicated server provider I wouldn't accept anything less than 24/7 support in issues where a box is actually unreachable. Just because he fixed the proble, a 3 hour delay is disgusting. Thanks for letting me know about this, as I was going to sign up tonight for a server based on their current promo on WHT.

Good luck with the migration (unless of course you're keeping the server from the old company where it is, and from that little incident I'd say the answer to that is NO).