ipower and startlogic....is there a link between them?

I use partner systems both at ipower.com and startlogic.com and their statistic pages are exactly the same (design, url format and so on)
    they have the same policies regarding reseller plans, no info on the site and same answers to emails

is there any linik between them? is the one a reseller of the other?
    I didn't get anything special with whois and such tools

I'm just curious about this

thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Re: ipower and startlogic....is there a link between them?

Originally posted by Fed83
    I use partner systems both at ipower.com and startlogic.com and their statistic pages are exactly the same (design, url format and so on)
    they have the same policies regarding reseller plans, no info on the site and same answers to emails

is there any linik between them? is the one a reseller of the other?
    I didn't get anything special with whois and such tools

I'm just curious about this

thanks

Yes, startlogic were ipowerweb resellers (not ipower.com), now they are standalone company but they are using the resources of ipowerweb(like the control panel).
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: ipower and startlogic....is there a link between them?

Originally posted by Rorax
    Yes, startlogic were ipowerweb resellers (not ipower.com), now they are standalone company but they are using the resources of ipowerweb(like the control panel).
    it's astrange policy that of ipower and ipowerweb....you go in the ipower partner system and the banners lead to ipowerweb.....the 2 things are really deeply nested
      0 Not allowed!

both use commesion junction affiliate program .. thats why they looks the same
      0 Not allowed!

Yes there is a relationship between them. As far as I know Ipowerweb owns StartLogic.
      0 Not allowed!

I was contacted several months ago by startlogic in regards to advertising on one of my sites. On this site I do not accept just any advertisers, I check anybody out fairly thoroughly. I noticed that the whois went to ipowerweb(who I would not accept any amount of money to advertise for). Anyway, I asked startlogic to tell me exactly what the affiliation is with ipowerweb. He replied that there is NO affiliation, obviously a flat out lie.

My research leads me to believe that they are probably the same company. I think they screwed up the name ipowerweb so bad that they are trying a different brand.

Dave
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by 2Mhost
    both use commesion junction affiliate program .. thats why they looks the same
    Fortunately, various companies may use CJ without having anything else in common...

PS: regarding original question: yes, I believe so. They both smell the same.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic
      0 Not allowed!

My research leads me to believe that they are probably the same company. I think they screwed up the name ipowerweb so bad that they are trying a different brand.
    Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that.
      0 Not allowed!

ipowerweb

OK, so what's the problem with iPowerWeb? I was about to sign up with them for our not so large site (192 MB, .45 G bandwidth, 1000 name mailing list, less than 10 email addresses, purchased CGI shopping cart program) and now you have me worried it's not a good choice.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!