Thread: glibc???

glibc???

I was having problems with GPG ring for Red Hat Entreprise while using up2date, I asked support at the ServerMatrix DC if they could look into it. I also started trying to use up2date myself, and after some more problems occurred, rebooted the server. Then I got a reply to my support ticket saying the reboot screwed things cos they were almost done fixing it. I said ok, won't touch the server until they say so.

Then I get a reply saying that the reboot caused glibc to be corrupted cos they were in the middle of rebuilding some of the files at the time, and that it would need an OS Reload.

Is there any way to fix this glibc problem without an OS reload? Is it for sure that the glibc is the problem here?
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

Just check out this command ..

rpm -V glibc

also check out if simple command such as "ps" crashes.. if so ...you may have to remove /lib/i686/libc.so.6 and reinstall glibc rpm

SupportPRO.com-- Support for Webhosts

Running rpm -V glibc
    rpm: relocation error: /lib/i686/librt.so.1: symbol __pthread_clock_settime, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libpthread.so.0 with link time reference

Running ps:
    PID TTY TIME CMD
    16263 pts/0 00:00:00 bash
    16304 pts/0 00:00:00 ps

How do I reinstall glibc, if that's the problem?
    Last edited by ewhost; 07-23-2005 at 12:36 AM.

Try to uninstall glibc using rpm -e command and then reinstall it (rpm -ivh )...you can get glibc rpm form http://rpmfind.net or from redhat download. ServerMatrix support will be able to more idea about the rpm: relocation error:
    SupportPRO.com-- Support for Webhosts

Also, your datacenter should be able to use rpm with the --root option to re-install glibc from a rescue disk.
    Adam C. Greenfield

Originally posted by shibucvarughese
    Try to uninstall glibc using rpm -e command and then reinstall it (rpm -ivh )...you can get glibc rpm form http://rpmfind.net or from redhat download. ServerMatrix support will be able to more idea about the rpm: relocation error:
    The admin there says that "It would take a good bit of admin time to even try and correct this issue"... which is weird, because according to him, the error was caused when I rebooted while he was recompiling stuff, but I didn't even ask him to modify anything, just asked him if he had any clue about what might be causing a GPG keyring error.

I guess I should ask again?

Also, which RPM would I need for Red Hat Enterprise?

Thanks everyone for being so helpful tho

Idiots!

rpm will not work, because it itself uses glbc!
    Get the rpm to your local computer (suppose you use linux) extract it (rpm2targz, or other), and upload (if you can) to your server and replace the files.

Bye

It's glibc issue indeed!