Billing Software

I'm currently looking for a inexpensive(or free) quality billing-management-script.

A problem I have is that I cannot find a decent script that will allow custom-fields on the order-form, as I need clients to fill out some extra information.

Also, I need a script that will allow a 'free hosting package' as I offer some paid, some free.

Are there any?
    I was also wondering about other scripts such as 'content management' with hosting add-ons?

One thing I've been wondering how to do are the Add-On features/Upgrade features in billing-management scripts(such as WHMAP, ClientExec, and others). Lets say, you want to add a 'Fantastico' upgrade for $1/month. Would you have to manually add a brand new package with Fantastico and the same hosting-details just for the user?

Thanks!

Re: Billing Software

Originally posted by carterxin
    [B]I'm currently looking for a inexpensive(or free) quality billing-management-script.
    There are many options out there, it depends of how much are you willing to pay.
    You can find some free options like e-bills and PHPCoin, or some high quality options like modernbill, WHMaptupilos, Drams and Lpanel.
    A problem I have is that I cannot find a decent script that will allow custom-fields on the order-form, as I need clients to fill out some extra information.
    I think the only way to do that is manually change the code of the script. At least with WHMAP I know for sure that's the only way.
    Would you have to manually add a brand new package with Fantastico and the same hosting-details just for the user?
    No you don't. At least in WHMAP, and I think in any other competitive script, you can create addons and then asociate them with a package.

Greettings!
    Andrés Chávez
    All in Hosting - Web hosting in spanish
    *Shared hosting - Reseller plans - Managed VPS*

Re: Billing Software

Originally posted by carterxin
    I think both AWBS and ModernBill allow you to do this, but they are neither free nor *cheap*

Hi, Apolo

Try http://whoiscart.net it is very good for the price of $35.00

Good luck

Hello productive,

1. This is not my request, but OP's

2. I don't think WhoisCart allows customized fields for its order form anyway...

Regards,

Sorry about that Apolo

I have done it and lots of people have done it to a certain limit. But I think to start off it is something good for someone in a low budget that needs instant Account Activation, Fraud System , Register domain names etc..

thanks

I agree, whoiscart costs about $35 and it good for startup or anyone looking for a low budget software and it does it jobs well, at $35 for a lifetime license, you can't compare this software with other software like modernbill, clientexe or Perldesk etc

Originally posted by productive
    Sorry about that Apolo
    No problem.

Originally posted by productive
    But I think to start off it is something good for someone in a low budget that needs instant Account Activation, Fraud System , Register domain names etc..
    I do think same!

i know some people who use whmautopilot and they seem happy with it.

Yup WHM auto is by far the best billing management software. You can edit it to do so much.

I still have not learnt all of it yet and we had it for a good 4 months now.

Ensure that the solution you pick is scalable and growth oriented (assuming you plan to signup clients).

Depending on the system, it might be very difficult to migrate clients and transfer to a 'better' system down the road, after you've purchased your 30th datacentre
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Modern Bill

Completely Automated Billing Solutions. ModernBill is the central peice of the ModernGigabyte system. It will be the glue that pulls your business together ...
    https://www.modernbill.com/

Modernbill!

I agree totally... $25/mo for a Mbill leased license is hardly expensive considering the automation it provides. It certainly isn't perfect but it's the best thing we've been able to find for the price.
    Blazing Fast Hosting From A2 Hosting - Design Your Perfect VPS Hosting Package
    -Pay Only For The Resources You Need - High-Performance SwiftServers - SSDs With Page Loads Up To 300% Faster Than Standard Hosting! - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - A2 QuickInstaller - Choose Your Linux OS - Instant Activation - Risk-Free Money Back Guarantee - Choose Your Hosting Location

As far as i saw yeah, modernbill is a neat software, even tho the client side is a bit poor.
    It is nice to have an software that organizes your orders and integrates with your WHM or any other panels..But as far as i saw, mbill is a bit tricky and the client side is not that rich.
    We are using WhoisCart, and for as far as i saw hack's for the client side can be wrote (giving the opportunity to your clients to manage their domain DNS A/MX/CNAME) , the look can be totaly changed and make it suit your site. But ofcourse, there are many other more advanced billing softwares.
    I'v heard good words about WHM AutoPilot (never used), but if you have a low budged then i think WhoisCart can be the solution.

phpCoin allows free hosting packages though. How about Fantastico's accountlab?

I have personally used ClientExec and recently just got a 500 owned license from Modernbill.

Really, its quite good. CE failed to impress us, except for the price, due to a lot of missing features that we really needed.

Also, MB integrates very well with a support ticket system. Such as Kayako. Haven't tried the integration with SupportTrio and Cerberus though.

Thanks!

I think I may go with WHMAP or ClientExec, but both are lacking at least 1 feature that I am in need of.

I'm looking into the new one (WHMCompleteSolution), but I think it is also lacking in some areas.

I am still confused as to how the add-ons work (in WHMAP & ClientExec). I've seen the demos of each one, and I don't understand it. Could anyone walk-me through the process of the example I made in my first post? Thanks!

Hi carterxin,

I need a script that will allow a 'free hosting package' as I offer some paid, some free.
    I'm not sure, but I think you can have free packages in WHMAP using the mail in payment method, mail in payment does not allow for auto installs, so you could try it.

One thing I've been wondering how to do are the Add-On features/Upgrade features in billing-management scripts(such as WHMAP, ClientExec, and others). Lets say, you want to add a 'Fantastico' upgrade for $1/month. Would you have to manually add a brand new package with Fantastico and the same hosting-details just for the user?[
    With AP you can only add features to a package using add-ons at the moment of the first sale. After that, every time you need to add a feature to a customer's plan, you would have to do it in WHM, and bill it separetly every month.

Hope it helps, greettings!
    Andrés Chávez

Hi jandres4,

I like to test out every piece of software I can, so I gave WHMAutoPilot a try, but I didn't really like it. Can't remember what it was... lacking of functions... I don't know.

Have you used any other billing solutions besides WHMAP?

And if so, why did you choose WHMAP over the others?

I must say, however, that the order/shopping cart system of WHMAP is quite good, IMHO. I really like it.

Thank you.

I installed and am using ModernBill, the system is full of features, and for the most part very user friendly. With your purchase you get "6 months support" Their support sucks... I can not believe the responces from their support department. Here is one:

"This will require time from our development team to write up the directions you need and this is considered custom coding. Currently all of our resources are allocated to v5. You will need to hire someone familiar with the ModernBill code in order to assist you with what you are requesting."

So if your the answer is not already in the manual, then they don't have time to support you?? Every one gets the manuall and most of us read TFM. So how can they consider this "support", their support consists of sending you a link to the manuall, if it is not already in the manuall... well they don't have time??

I use alot of open source software and I don't mind paying for help if I need it, and don't mind going to a forum for help or to sometimes answer other peoples questions, this is fine for an open souce application. But modernbill is far from open source, so they need to start supporting their product.

Chris

Hi Apolo,

Have you used any other billing solutions besides WHMAP?
    I have not used any other solution in my business, but I've tried some of them, the free ones in particular. I installed PHPCoin and E-bills in test sites before getting AP, and even when they seem to do the job, I really didn't like them.
    PHPCoin is a little difficult to manage, and I really didn't like the user's area.
    E-bills is a good script, but again its presentation is very poor.
    And if so, why did you choose WHMAP over the others?
    At first I was looking for something cheap, but then I realized how much time and pain I would save with a professional script such as Modernbill,ClientExec or AP.
    Finally I chose AP because of its good integration with WHM, even though I must say I never tried the others (Modernbill and ClientExec ).
    I must say, however, that the order/shopping cart system of WHMAP is quite good, IMHO. I really like it.
    I personally don't like its presentation, but when it comes to functionallity, is quite good. Very easy to manage for the host and even easier to use for the customers.

Some things I would critisize form it (besides its presentation) would be:

- Lack of options when it comes to update packages and modify its add-ons.
    - Poor user management (You can't add or delete a user from the config screen).
    - You have to directly modify the script and its forms if you need some more info from your customers.
    - The Script has some language dependant variables, so when you install any Language package, you get a good, but not complete translation. Then you have to manipulate the source code to translate the rest.

Well i think that's it, hope it helps.

Greettings!
    Andrés Chávez

Originally posted by jandres4
    Well i think that's it, hope it helps.
    It did help. Thanks for your feedback.

It did help. Thanks for your feedback.
    I'm glad to hear that Apolo, you are more than welcome!

Greettings!
    Andrés Chávez