Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lottery.

The Lottery.

So, today, got 25 Michigan Lottery tickets. It is at $170 Million.

Is anyone else trying? Does anyone try regularly?

I dont know what I would do with $170 million, but probably buy WHT, hahahaha. Heck, why not Inet.

What would you do with $170 million?

Me probably:
    New Cars
    House
    Bills
    Travel the world
    Help people I know that are having money problems
    Parents
    Wife

(No order)

So, the drawing is tonight

Last time no one one over 10k, it was at 145 million.

Here in the United Kingdom there is a fair amount of cash up for grabs on Saturday night too. The Lotto draw has £18 million (around $31 million US Dollars) up for grabs and in the EuroMillions draw there is £77 million (around $134 million US Dollars) up for grabs. In total between the two draws that is £95 million (around $165 million US Dollars). The jackpots could rise further based on ticket sales on Saturday.

- Chris

my dad tries. never wins
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

I usually only play when the hysteria hits the news and the jackpot is $150,000,000 or higher.

There's a better chance of me paying retail for something at Staples than winning the lottery but it doesn't hurt to try
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

The lotto. You know I read some interesting stuff about life after lotto winners.

Many end up divorcing, lose all there friends, leave their community because random people show up asking for why they 'deserve' some money, and many more strange things.

Many of these people just aren't ready for the being broke to being loaded transition; it's too much for them.

Anyways, GoodLuck

PS: Not to say I wouldn't want to win the lotto but if I did, I rathe r it be a small amount like $3-5 mil.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

If you think about it, if I win, I can retire and live on like $1.3million/year, and never have to work ever again.

Are you referring to the mega millions lottery?

Yup. Do you live in michigan too?

Originally posted by Mark L
    If you think about it, if I win, I can retire and live on like $1.3million/year, and never have to work ever again.
    I'll try to be realistic if I could live 3x my current lifestyle I would be content.

If I had to I could comfortably live on $100,000/yr net (after taxes).

Just a nice big energy efficient house maybe in the southwest USA with solar panels, 2 cars and two vacations a year. That would be soo nice!
    What's your budget?

Originally posted by RossMAN

If I had to I could comfortably live on $100,000/yr net (after taxes).
    I live comfortably on about 13% of that. That's all going to change when I win the lottery though

with 170 million I'd donate a lot towards making my community and the area around me a better place. I'd set up trust funds and bursaries for those who really needed them

I'd take care of my parents' mortgage and make sure they have a comfortable and enjoyable retirement... I'd send them on a 2nd honeymoon.

after taking care of everyone else I'd invest my money wisely, party hard for awhile, and if I live through that buy a nice piece of land out in the mountains. I'd build a nice modest home and spend the summers fishing biking and exploring the hills, and the winter mushing a dog team and shredding the powder. I'd probably have a little self sufficient farm or something.

then if I got bored of that I'd move to southern california, get a condo in a highrise, and go out on the deck and piss on all the soccer moms in their SUVs, on all the rich hollywood types in their big sunglasses, and basically everyone else.

And that's my plan.

I would like to 'give back" probably to the local public schools which are always losing money. Maybe they could dedicated the gym or computer room in my honor
    What's your budget?

or a detention room

The lottery is, in my opinion, mostly for people with little or no hope of success in their lives, whether it's financially or otherwise.

Having that much money is actually more of a source of stress than making $50,000 a year, because you have to worry about what to do with so much money! People and organizations are constantly asking you to donate some to them; hedge funds want your money; banks want your money; your girlfriend/wife wants your money; your parents want your money; YOU want your money!

^^ Are you kidding? You don't need to worry about what to do with it!!

Originally posted by -T{H}R-
    ^^ Are you kidding? You don't need to worry about what to do with it!!
    Heh, I guess I can't argue from experience, but if having no money is a source of stress, why can't having too much money be?

Buy ev1servers.net

Didn't win.

Well it's not like that wasn't expected.

Originally posted by sid007
    The lotto. You know I read some interesting stuff about life after lotto winners.

Many end up divorcing, lose all there friends, leave their community because random people show up asking for why they 'deserve' some money, and many more strange things.
    That what happen to a very nice couple who won the lotto I forgot how much it was, but I believe in was in the XXX range of millions. They said they could not handle being bugged in the middle of the night as well people who they have not seen in years come up and start talking to them again. As well they got their house broke into.

After their house got broken into they moved away some where else in Montana and just started hide out. They go to town a lot, but will not say where they live. Oh by the way they where teachers if I remember correct. If not it was the other ones who where teachers.

Also if I won even 150 million dollars I would be very happy. Though I would give a lot away as well put a lot away. I would make sure my family is taken care of as well make sure I would never have to work again. Make sure all my bills are paid, and maybe get a newish car and a newish truck.

I would not live a real fancy life since that is not who I am. As well if you consider the 150 million about half of it would go to taxes.

I guess I should add that even though I would make sure I have enough money so I would never have to work again I still would. I would go crazy if I did not work or did something of that nature. Also I would travel to all the countries that I always wanted to.

Lottery?

I can not remember where I heard of it maybe it was on WHT not sure. Though I heard it is against the law to start your own lottery? Though I think if a business wants to start up a small lottery they should?

I suspect if you want to start up your own lottery, you would keep it between people you know. Or small group of people online...
    I am against gambling.

I believe there is no federal law prohibiting it, but it varies from the state/local law(s).
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

If I won a trainload of money I would collect old cars. I would also spend my spare time using my money to annoy the the rich.

Things like buying a few houses in Malibu and then tearing them down to build a cow farm sound like fun.

Originally posted by 2Guns
    If I won a trainload of money I would collect old cars. I would also spend my spare time using my money to annoy the the rich.

Things like buying a few houses in Malibu and then tearing them down to build a cow farm sound like fun.
    Cow farm? Bah think big make it a pig farm!

Id do the usual stuff.

Take care of my mum,pay of her house,get her a new car,make her life comfortable.
    Buy a house,nothing to big or in a snobby neighbourhood.
    New Car
    Buy WHT
    Marry my g/f and start a family (gonna happen anyway but i could do it quicker with more $$$$ )
    Give everyone on WHT a server

I'm sure id think of more.

Excuse me while i go cry now
    Shawn Auton
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast