ThePlanet is not closing warez sites.

ThePlanet is not closing warez sites, even not removing links.
    I have contacted several times to theplanet abuse department.
    What can i do anything else?

This is a copy of my email:
    --------------------------------

IP: 70.84.189.99

WHOIS results for 70.84.189.99

NOTE: More information appears to be available at PP46-ARIN.

Using 0 day old cached answer (or, you can get fresh results).
    Displaying E-mail address (use sparingly -- this will make it more
    likely that you will trigger our rate limiting system).

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
    OrgID: TPCM
    Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway
    Address: Suite 110
    City: Dallas
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 75207

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.theplanet.com:4321

NetRange: 70.84.0.0 - 70.87.127.255
    CIDR: 70.84.0.0/15, 70.86.0.0/16, 70.87.0.0/17
    NetName: NETBLK-THEPLANET-BLK-13
    NetHandle: NET-70-84-0-0-1
    Parent: NET-70-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.THEPLANET.COM
    NameServer: NS2.THEPLANET.COM
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2004-07-29
    Updated: 2005-03-24

TechHandle: PP46-ARIN
    TechName: Pathos, Peter
    TechPhone: +1-214-782-7800
    TechEmail: [email protected]

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE271-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Abuse
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-214-782-7802
    OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected]

OrgNOCHandle: TECHN33-ARIN
    OrgNOCName: Technical Support
    OrgNOCPhone: +1-214-782-7800
    OrgNOCEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: TECHN33-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Technical Support
    OrgTechPhone: +1-214-782-7800
    OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2005-07-14 19:10
    # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

------------

forum name: DOWNLOAD & CRACKS & SERIAL
    turkfor .net/forum79.html

sub forum name: Full Program Download
    turkfor .net/forum140.html

sub forum name: Warez sites
    turkfor .net/forum470.html

This site has thousands of warez materials
    some of warez forum links:
    Mac Os X Server

Microsoft Office 2003 5 in 1
    Microsoft Office 2003 Professional English
    Microsoft Office XP Full
    Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional
    Symantec 2005 All Programs
    Microsoft Frontpage 2003 Full
    Symantec Norton Ghost v9.0 Full
    3D Studio Max 7
    Nero Burning ROM 6.6.0.6 + Serial!
    SolidWorks 2005
    avast! Professional Edition 4.6
    Easy DVD CD Burner v3.0.51
    Ulead VideoStudio v9.0
    Acronis True Image 8.0
    AVI/MPEG/RM/WMV Joiner v. 4.81 + Crack
    Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
    Scansoft Dragon Naturally Speaking Pro v8
    System Mechanic 5.5a (Pro / Std)
    Handycafe Full v1.1.6
    winamp 5.9 ve DFX 7.2 full version with crack
    Kaspersky Anti Virus Personal Pro 5.0.372 (with key)
    ObjectDock Plus 1.2 Final
    Xara.ScreenMaker3D.1.01
    Camtasia Studio 2.1.1
    Metaproducts All in one - 14

<<<links removed>>>
    Last edited by Matt; 07-24-2005 at 11:37 AM.

Thelanet usually react to abuse very fast. Check that they receive your email. You should get some answer from them. If you not receive any message, try contact to abise department by other way - by Live chat, or by phone (they have toll-free phone number) or just send email from different email address. Also, if this server rent by someone who offer hosting services and his customer own this site, usuallly reaction to abuse message may take a more time, around 48 hours as i know. Not more.
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

Ive tried reporting botnet IRCDs located on the planet boxes to them multiple times, they never respond or seem interested.

Originally posted by worldhosting
    Thelanet usually react to abuse very fast. Check that they receive your email. You should get some answer from them. If you not receive any message, try contact to abise department by other way - by Live chat, or by phone (they have toll-free phone number) or just send email from different email address. Also, if this server rent by someone who offer hosting services and his customer own this site, usuallly reaction to abuse message may take a more time, around 48 hours as i know. Not more.
    Totally untrue, go back and look at some of the threads posted including mine.

I recommend, as I did, sending a certified return receipt letter to The Planet detailing your problem.

That way if they ignore your request, you documented your actions for any future legal action against The Planet

If any hosting company fails to remove copyright infringed material from their servers after notification, they become contributory infringers and liable for civil damages, fines, and possible criminal charges.

Under the concept of "contributory infringement," a party may be guilty of copyright infringement when they cause or contribute to the infringing conduct of another with knowledge of the other party's infringing activities.

In addition, under the concept of "vicariously liability," a person may be liable for the infringing actions of another if the person has the right and ability to control the infringer's acts and receives a direct financial benefit from the infringement. Vicarious liability can be established without the defendant having actual knowledge of the infringer's activity. Under these two theories, it is possible for an ISP to be held liable for copyright infringement, even if the ISP was not directly involved in making the infringing copy.

I reported an IP, 67.18.98.36 , basically DOSing my box by attempting to link spam roughly 200 times a second for a few hours. You can even google the IP and see that he's quite a large link spammer.

This continues to this day, it's been several months.

Not even a response.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

Maybe going to microsoft would help, then they would contact the planet and could make better threats, I dont know anything about there licensing but maybe they could remove certification?

The Planet does NOT reply to abuse emails quick/at all. Their abuse department over there has been horrible in the recent months, but they have been getting slightly better. I don't know why someone would say they normally answer the emails quickly, when it's been quite the opposite experience for anybody who has ever tried to get in touch with them.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Originally posted by Frontpage1
    Totally untrue, go back and look at some of the threads posted including mine.&nbsp;

Thepanet have a thousand&nbsp; customers and of course each customer have own experience. I only may talk about our experience. We get abuse warnings from Theplanet&nbsp; to our customers on our server&nbsp;&nbsp;and to our &nbsp;clients servers and we investigate it and suspend clients who violate with TOS/AUP. Saying that my words is "totally untrue" as i thing is not correct. We are not interesting advertise Theplanet and we are not one of Theplanet subsidiary.
    Last edited by rustelekom; 07-22-2005 at 05:16 PM.

And what do you know: turkforum is down, guess they got it down.

<<link removed>>
    Last edited by Matt; 07-24-2005 at 11:39 AM.

Originally posted by amusive.com
    I reported an IP, 67.18.98.36 , basically DOSing my box by attempting to link spam roughly 200 times a second for a few hours. You can even google the IP and see that he's quite a large link spammer.

Not even a response.
    I've typically had to contact sales to get the abuse department to acknowledge ticket's I've opened in Orbit. Once I've gotten sales involved, the issue is normally resolved pretty quickly.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Thanks for the suggestion Sirius, if I see this user attempting to do this again, I will try that.

It should be noted that it is ThePlanet's policy NOT to respond to abuse reports/emails/etc. This doesn't mean that they are not handling them, only that they will not respond. I believe they have some sort of legal reason for doing so. However, just because you don't receive a response does NOT mean that they are taking action.

Originally posted by Guspaz
    It should be noted that it is ThePlanet's policy NOT to respond to abuse reports/emails/etc. This doesn't mean that they are not handling them, only that they will not respond. I believe they have some sort of legal reason for doing so. However, just because you don't receive a response does NOT mean that they are taking action.
    Very true. However leaving the offending sites up and running, shows that they are not acknowledging them. I could care less if they tell me it's down, I can see that for myself.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Originally posted by fortress
    And what do you know: turkforum is down, guess they got it down.
    ixnay that, back up, and still has infringing forums on it.

<<link removed>>
    Last edited by Matt; 07-24-2005 at 11:40 AM.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Thepanet have a thousand&nbsp; customers and of course each customer have own experience. I only may talk about our experience. We get abuse warnings from Theplanet&nbsp; to our customers on our server&nbsp;&nbsp;and to our &nbsp;clients servers and we investigate it and suspend clients who violate with TOS/AUP. Saying that my words is "totally untrue" as i thing is not correct. We are not interesting advertise Theplanet and we are not one of Theplanet subsidiary.
    You stated that the Planet, "reaction to abuse message may take a more time, around 48 hours as i know. Not more". Which I stated is totatlly untrue and we can document this.

To date, we never received a response from ThePlanet abuse despite email, calls, faxes, and certified letters from May 24, 2005 notifying them properly via DCMA requirements.

Luckily, the website owner finally decided to respond to our requests to take down copyrighted material.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=copyright

We had a few cases of planet boxes attacking ours and always sent the abuse department the required logs but out of all the providers I can honestly say they are the only ones that haven't lifted their finger to do anything. Maybe they are too busy trying to steal ideas and customers from the GSP's?

Thelanet usually react to abuse very fast.
    Nobody who has actually paid any attention to the speed (or lack thereof) with which the planet handles abuse issues could make a statement like that in good conscience or with a straight face. Of all the providers who try to appear white-hat, TP is among the slowest to react when any sort of abuse issue is brought to their attention.

-B

Just as a little tip...

Opening up a ticket in Orbit and selecting "DCMA/Trademar" in the ticket type field will get alot faster response than sending them a regular email. Maybe because your already a customer, that handle your issue faster, but our experience has been that sending the complain via Orbit has yielded the fastest results.

Originally posted by Frontpage1
    [B]You stated that the Planet, "reaction to abuse message may take a more time, around 48 hours as i know. Not more". Which I stated is totatlly untrue and we can document this.
    You may be talk about difference issue. Are you&nbsp;talk about &nbsp;response time to you (or anyone) who send compliance to Theplanet? If yes, i can't say nothing about this, because we are never send any compliance about any of ThePlanet servers or sites which placed on Theplanet network. And i am sorry for missunderstanding you.

But, if you talk about abuse ticket which open by ThePlanet Abuse Department and point to account owner&nbsp;and that this haven't any real&nbsp;result with closing illegal sites&nbsp;or removeing illegal materials&nbsp;- you are not right (as minimum in our case) and we can post here (of course with&nbsp; deleted confidentially information) few abuse tickets with indicated timeline. Include&nbsp;one - &nbsp;which regards to DCMA.

Originally posted by amusive.com

Not even a response.
    If that was a problem, why didn't you just take things in your own hands and iptables block it?

Man, that's a huge forum.

2000+ users online? Wow...

The website wasn't accessable for me. It threw back a connection refused error.

Regardless, Here's the TP Rwhois server info for that ip:

[rwhois.theplanet.com]
    %rwhois V-1.5:003eff:00 rwhois.theplanet.com (by Network Solutions, Inc. V-1.5.9)
    network:Class-Name:network
    network:ID:THEPLANET-BLK-13
    network:Auth-Area:70.84.0.0/14
    network:Network-Name:TPIS-BLK-70-84-189-0
    network:IP-Network:70.84.189.96/28
    network:IP-Network-Block:70.84.189.96 - 70.84.189.111
    network:Organization-Name:Premium Web
    network:Organization-City:brooklyn
    network:Organization-State:NY
    network:Organization-Zip:11218
    network:Organization-Country:UNITED STATES
    network:Description-Usage:customer

network:Server-Pri:ns1.theplanet.com
    network:Server-Sec:ns2.theplanet.com
    network:Tech-Contact;I:[email protected]
    network:Admin-Contact;I:[email protected]
    network:Created:20050316
    network:Updated:20050316

%ok

Have a nice day.

Originally posted by nphase
    If that was a problem, why didn't you just take things in your own hands and iptables block it?
    I do have the IP blocked, but that's not exactly my point. This person does this on a daily basis to thousands of pages. Just as "run a spamfilter" doesn't make a good response to a spam complaint, "block the IP' doesn't here.

true, sorry.

I'll keep my mouth shut next time.

I need to put in my 2 Cents in on this one, The planet is very bad about what they do about abuse, I have had to contact them many of times because of on IP from there servers. This person Reselling Cracked game server, Where you can rent a games server if you have a proated game, Did they do anything NO!, this person also stole my PHPNuke database from my Site, and put it on one of his sites A exact copy of my Site, I asked The Planet to do somthing about id, Did they, Again NO!, they told me that it didn't infring in any copyright law, I'm like its a Stolen Database. with private user infomation. So you tell me what kind of Compnay The Planet is. They suport Piracy, they support Stolen Website. and to think I was going to get some servers from them. I just wish I know what I could do leagly to rock this persons world that is a big pain in my Site.
    TJ
    http://www.uglgames.com
    [email protected]
    High Speed Game Server at Low Speed Prices

oh, sorry about that.

I've typically had to contact sales to get the abuse department to acknowledge ticket's I've opened in Orbit. Once I've gotten sales involved, the issue is normally resolved pretty quickly.
    I agree, about this. Sales usually responds kicks the Abuse Department in the butt. I opened up a Abuse Ticket about a huge botnet and it stayed open for about 2 months before action was taken. Every other time after that, I contact sales and have them contact abuse.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

Just have your attorney contact them formally. They respond fast to that.

one of their difficulty is that many warez sites are non-English , planet is lack of staffs who knows so many languages in the world
    Downloadinn.com - Ultimate Download Service

Originally posted by Downloadinn
    one of their difficulty is that many warez sites are non-English , planet is lack of staffs who knows so many languages in the world
    illegal software is just that, illegal software, no matter what the language. When you happen across a site that is offering pirated copies of xp or downloads of new movies, its still the same thing.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years