Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Place To Advertise Web Hosting

Would anybody recommend PPC Search Engines, or Web Hosting directories ?

Which websites do you think are the best ?

Please help.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

I'd go for Hosting directories, combined with offline advertising, flyers, etc.
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

go for -- thewhir.com

thanks for the thewhir.com
    ASBHost.com - We host your business.

Serious People, Professional Services.
    FortiGate Hardware Firewall, DDoS monitoring, Multilingual Support, E-Commerce ready, cPanel/WHM.

What are the bost web hsoting directorys ?

Re: Best Place To Advertise Web Hosting

Originally posted by tonymaclennan1
    Would anybody recommend PPC Search Engines, or Web Hosting directories ?

Which websites do you think are the best ?

Please help.
    I would like to suggest to read the book " Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Marketing" Handbook by Boris and Eugene Mordkovic for most advance PPC strategies and recommendation, and for Web Hosting directories I consider webhostdir.com is the best.

Re: Re: Best Place To Advertise Web Hosting

Originally posted by etechsupport2
    I would like to suggest to read the book " Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Marketing" Handbook by Boris and Eugene Mordkovic for most advance PPC strategies and recommendation, and for Web Hosting directories I consider webhostdir.com is the best.
    Thanks, ill try find and read that eBook, I assume you read it and found it very useful ?

I am registered at webhostdir.com and need to deposit $100 in to my account to tart premium listings. But how effective are they. How many new customers do you gain from them (if you are willing to share this information) ?

Google Adwords, most of this Hosting Directory's is just waste of money

Web Hosting directories usually have a limited targeted audience, they are usually owned by the host provider itself. I think that it's far better to look for other cost effective way for advertising with proper planning.

In addition to Google Adwords (which I already use), what other PPC SE would you suggest (other than goClick.com) ?

Theres so many out there.

Google Adwords and WebHostdir.com

Tony, I dont mean to rain on your parade but I felt tt I have to chime in.

If you have experienced an extremely high ROI advertising on a particular site or in a particular niche, would you share it with others who asked the question "Where is the best place to advertise?" on WHT?. No offence to anyone really but pls take everything here with a pinch of salt. Most of what you are going to read about is a person's 2nd best tip at best.
    Nobody in their right mind will sacrifice their major cash cow.

Just a lil something for you to ponder for the day.
    Cheers!
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Maybe someone who had a succesful hosting business, recently sold it, and is now retired, could help though. I'm day dreaming, I know.

Originally posted by steven-v
    Google Adwords, most of this Hosting Directory's is just waste of money
    You might also want to check out http://www.adbrite.com/ . They're pretty huge and I've visited a lot of sites that use their service.

I rarely see a poor review of Google Adwords and have heard many success stories from web hosts and other companies. However, all of the success stories include a mention that they had to put a fair amount of time to find those keywords that worked the best for them.

Going with a service like Adwords is definitely going to be a lot more work than using a hosting directory. Good luck tonymaclennan1.
    Last edited by schmeg007; 07-24-2005 at 11:06 PM.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

We've had a lot of luck with FindMyHosting.com, I think web hosting search directories are your best bet, however, you need to use them to target a specific audience.
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    Sales@IQStudio.net
    Create.Design.Innovate

I think that word of mouth advertising leaves all others behind. Serve your customers well and let them advertise for you.
    Techy Bubble

A Truly Remarkable Web Hosting Is Coming Soon! We won't change the world or anything. We will just make it better....

I agree with you Auracletech.
    RootSupport.Com - Solutions That Fit On The First Try
    ::::: AIM: linuxengineers ::::: MSN: msn@rootsupport.com :::::
    *Seven days FREE trial available on selected plans

24x7x365 days - Windows & Linux Servers

Yes, word of mouth have major influence on consumer behavior, as per the survey from planet feedback poll it has showed 61 percent of consumers trusted word-of-mouth.

I agree 100% Word of Mouth can be the cheapest way of advertising. but you have to keep your customers happy in order to get that good advertising. Try an affiliate program once you get your customer base to build up your customer base also.

There are plenty of Hosting Directories out there to try out.

Thanks
    - James

Whatever you do, do your best.
    Word of mouth does much more than you might think and of course affiliate program will help too.
    ASBHost.com - We host your business.

Serious People, Professional Services.
    FortiGate Hardware Firewall, DDoS monitoring, Multilingual Support, E-Commerce ready, cPanel/WHM.

I agree, word of mouth is great. It works even better if you offer a referral program along with it

Totally agree here

Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

PPC is good if you have alot of money to invest in it. Especially with web hosting (very saturated keywords), it is going to be hard to get any results. Just my experience and opinion.

Magazine can work if you have frequency....it costs quite a bit per issue usually a 1/4 page will run you $3k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast