Lightbulb Wikipeida vs Google

Google versus Wikipeida

Do you Google your Q's? or Wiki it? Are you finding Wikipedia more relevant when searching for something or is this comparing oranges to apples?

Should Google take over Wikipedia? Which is better?

Your take(s) . . .
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

They are actually partners AFAIK. When you do a define search, Wikipeida is almost always on there. I like the way it is, why change something that works perfectly?
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Originally posted by Tyler
    They are actually partners AFAIK. When you do a define search, Wikipeida is almost always on there. I like the way it is, why change something that works perfectly?
    Well you're right in a way. Wikipedia's content is stored on Google's servers which was donated by google.

Do you think it's b/c Google saw Wiki as a 'threat' and since they are non-profit donated their servers.

As far as searches, according to google, it's PageRank technology still decides on the links shown.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

Wikipedia is pretty useful, I definitely use Wiki when I'm looking up something on a specific topic for some quick info
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I prefer Wikipedia when it comes to educational searching. They almost have all the scientific information you'll ever need.

I am not sure I can actually trust the Wiki content, I have seen some odd things a few times as far as content on the articles goes.

I use both, although normally I'll try Wikipedia first, and if I don't find what I'm looking for, I'll check Google. It's just personal prefernece I'm not sure whether Google should take over Wikipedia though. Would that really benefit the end user in any way?

JodoHost(Stephen), if you find an entry which has incorrect information, you can always edit it yourself. Normally I've found all the information to be correct, although if I find something which is incorrect, or an area which is lacking (and I'm knowledgeable on that subject), then I'll just edit or add to the entry.

I've been wiking alot lately. It's an excellent source of information.

For research, it beats google.