• ohh yeah.

11 44.00%
  • kinda

5 20.00%
  • I don't think so.

9 36.00%

Hybrid View

So.. Anybody out there think i'm evil?

Last night, i was sitting around, and I heard a voice in my head say "what happend to you?".

I don't know where the voice came from, it just hit me.

I later went on to thinking about how my attitude has changed, and how I hate alot more things now, than i did before.

Maybe it's all the liberal voices that I look up to. Those people have made me realize that most conservatives in the world are irrational and wrong.

Maybe it's the tom leykis show, many people believe he is evil. I used to believe it myself, until i started listening, and i started realizing that he was right about everything. It's really creapy too, he's opened my eyes up to things that i never would have noticed. He brings completely original view points, and he brings completely valid evidence on all of those viewi points. Hell, he's provided evidence that god isn't real on many different ocassions.

Maybe it's the internet. Everyone knows how evil the internet is.

I don't know what's wrong with me, or if anything is really wrong with me. Do any of you think I'm evil?

You should start a blog.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

yeah, i do

Let's see, your primary sources of information/philosophy are from people who think conservatives are irrational and wrong and from atheists. Gosh, there's just so much to be cheerful about.

If you would like to balance your reading a bit then I commend to you the writings of Cornelius Van Til, Greg Bahnsen, and John Frame. Frankly, the only honest atheists are nihilists and getting worked up even about conservatives, if you're an atheist, is a waste of time.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Let's see, your primary sources of information/philosophy are from people who think conservatives are irrational and wrong and from atheists. Gosh, there's just so much to be cheerful about.
    But, each of these groups make perfect sense.

and I heard a voice in my head say "what happend to you?".

I don't know where the voice came from, it just hit me.
    Yup. If voices in your head are hitting you, something is wrong.

Originally posted by mikeylove
    But, each of these groups make perfect sense.
    Anything can make perfect sense depending upon your philosophical presuppositions. The question is how well the presuppositions can withstand scrutiny.

For example, Scientologists believe that 75 million years ago an evil galactic ruler, named Xenu, solved overpopulation by bringing trillions of people to Earth and nuking them. After that they supposedly clustered together and now inhabit our bodies. Scientologists believe that if they rid themselves of these body thetans then they will be healthier and will gain special powers like mind-over-matter.

So, if I'm Tom Cruise, and believe the nonsense above, then it makes perfect sense to tell Brooke Shields that she's crazy to see a doctor for her post-partum depression.

BUT, I'm not, so I think he's a nut because his foundation is just nutty.
    Rich

* Re: So.. Anybody out there think i'm evil?

Originally posted by mikeylove
    Maybe it's the internet.
    Fpr sure the Internet

I occasionally hear voices in my head. It used to happen a lot more often than it does now.

It was usually just somebody calling my name, and there was no one around. Other times it would be a short sentence, and it sounded like someone was talking to me like normal.

I put "kinda" (because you're a liberal) but would change to "yea I do" if you get the WHT Liaison position and not me hahahah.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Originally posted by JonMB
    I occasionally hear voices in my head. It used to happen a lot more often than it does now.

It was usually just somebody calling my name, and there was no one around. Other times it would be a short sentence, and it sounded like someone was talking to me like normal.

You might wanna keep that bit of info between you and your doctor.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Not unless you're a telemarketer
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

It was weird. I kind of miss it, actually.

Originally posted by DevilDog
    So, if I'm Tom Cruise, and believe the nonsense above, then it makes perfect sense to tell Brooke Shields that she's crazy to see a doctor for her post-partum depression.

BUT, I'm not, so I think he's a nut because his foundation is just nutty.
    I understand what you're getting at. However, I don't understand how your religious and philosophical suppositions can withstand any semblance of reasonable scrutiny any better than can Scientology. After all, both ideologies are based on faith. Of course, as you said, since you are a Christian, you will profess that your religion can somehow withstand scrutiny better than Scientology, but can it really?

Sure it can. Its presuppositions can be tested for consistency much better than secular humanism or naturalistic empericism can be.
    Rich

With regards to the original topic, Mikey, what would give you reason to believe you're evil? Maybe you're on drugs, but I don't think you're evil.

If you truly believe you heard a voice that wasn't your own, I think you shouldn't overlook that for its potential medical significance. Your age is the most common at which symptoms of schizophrenia start to emerge. While it is a controllable condition with medication, you need to look into your symptoms, if you have them, so you can promptly treat them. My second cousin has schizophrenia. Unfortunately, however, hers is one of a more serious nature -- cases vary widely in seriousness -- and she has been locked up in a mental asylum for the entirety of her life (I'm thinking of visiting her in a few years, just as an experience). However, rest assured that if, indeed, you are afflicted with this condition, you won't be anywhere near a mental asylum; more serious cases almost always show themselves in very early childhood -- in my cousin's case, when she was a toddler.

On the other hand, you could have been implying something different when you said a "voice" in your post, and that's perfectly fine. But, if you really did hear another voice, it's no big deal, just ask your doctor about it.

Jon, have these voices stopped? Have you asked your doctor or a mental health professional about them? What did they tell you?

Not evil just someone with too much time on his hands.

Originally posted by JonMB

I would say that is pretty normal, and it happens to most of us even though most wont admit it

Typically, it seems if someone just said your name really quick. Happens a lot to me. I dont know, it almost seems as if it might happen because someone is thinking about you, or even a dead loved one trying to reach out to you..... or, more likely in my case, we're all just mentally crazy

Originally posted by Webdude
    I would say that is pretty normal, and it happens to most of us even though most wont admit it
    Now that you bring that up, last night I heard my mother's voice in my head screaming. I usually wouldn't bring that up, but it continued for a few seconds (almost like a conversation with two people in my head).

Weird.
    - Matt

Well, I must concede the fact that we're all insane. However, hearing "external" voices when the room is otherwise silent is not something that normally happens. I suppose it's relatively harmless, just as long as those voices aren't controlling you or telling you to do things, in which case you need to seek help!