SCSI 80 to 68 pin question

Bldg a game server, stumbled on a good deal on ebay for a HP Ultra320 15k rpm hd. Woot. 80 pin, mobo does U320 w/ 68 pins. I bought it knowing this, because I had seen adapters.

Now I'm second guessing myself... will this work ok? Is any brand of adapter better than the other?

Thanks!

It will work but keep in mind that most sca to 68 pin adapters are pretty flakey in an environment with a lot of vibration. You may be better off purchasing an empty storage array from sun or otherwise that has internal sca connections and then mount your drives on the sleds that come with it. This will be much more reliable in the long run.
    Jacob Turner -- Ringnebula Systems
    Managed IT solutions for small business

Also, some adapters will add up to an inch in length to the drive, making for a tight or even impossible fit in some bays and caddies.

It may be easier just to get an 80-pin SCA card and use that.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS

These adaptors will work http://www.cablemakers.com/scsi_adapters.htm a drop of Dow Corning non-corrosive silicone adhesive will prevent it from vibrating loose. Be certain to get the non-corrosive type, regular silicone adhesive gives off acetic acid when curing, thats very, very bad for electronics.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Thanks much everyone!