Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by genxweb
    yawn. this is my last post in this topic you all can think what you want. here is one last time our stand point. we will comply with serge request on legal copyright submission. we are sorry his work was stolen if he truelly made it which has not proven to us. We wont change due to the amount we spent on the template and editing, unless proof that with hold in court is given. all we want is proof and if he is right issue will be resolved. so to all u haters out there have a good day and we will reply to this thread next when proof is given so continue your threats and bad mouting until t en peace
    WHT admin need to kick you out of the "WHT Club".
    That is a fact.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by the_pm
    "This file has been protected by its author and cannot be imported."

It looks as if whoever authored this file has protected his/her work. Serge is claiming to know the password, which would be more than adequate confirmation of a copyright vioation.

genxweb, I think this would be a good time for your designer to enter into the discussion. If (s)he too has the password, we have a whole new wrinkle to discuss here - two potential authors, with rights to the same file...
    I will PM you the password right now.

Serge
      0 Not allowed!

PM with password has been sent
      0 Not allowed!

Fair enough.

FYI genxweb, if Serge does have the password and your designer does not, this will definitely constitute "proof that with [sic] hold in court," which is the threshhold you set as the condition for removing the design and giving Serge your designer's contact information. This will satisfy all of the requirements you made of him.

I hope you'll follow through with your word concerning what you'd do if this proof was given. If Serge's password does not work, or if your designer also has it, we're back to square one.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design
      0 Not allowed!

"This file has been protected by its author and cannot be imported."

genxweb, I think this would be a good time for your designer to enter into the discussion. If (s)he too has the password, we have a whole new wrinkle to discuss here - two potential authors, with rights to the same file...
    He has no any source files and of cource he doesn't know
    the password. He has only stolen work taken directly from the
    owner or mine website just look at graphic elements he couldn't chenge them properly.

did you receive the password I PM-ed you?
      0 Not allowed!

Fair enough.

FYI genxweb, if Serge does have the password and your designer does not, this will definitely constitute "proof that with [sic] hold in court," which is the threshhold you set as the condition for removing the design and giving Serge your designer's contact information. This will satisfy all of the requirements you made of him.

I hope you'll follow through with your word concerning what you'd do if this proof was given. If Serge's password does not work, or if your designer also has it, we're back to square one.
    No words. Its absolutely fair.
    I'm fully agree with you.

Thank you.
    Serge
      0 Not allowed!

yawn. this is my last post in this topic you all can think what you want. here is one last time our stand point. we will comply with serge request on legal copyright submission. we are sorry his work was stolen if he truelly made it which has not proven to us. We wont change due to the amount we spent on the template and editing, unless proof that with hold in court is given. all we want is proof and if he is right issue will be resolved. so to all u haters out there have a good day and we will reply to this thread next when proof is given so continue your threats and bad mouting until t en peace
    You need to grow up fast here, genxweb. Your juvenile attitude in your posts and ignorance of copyright law, are turning opinion against you. Your belligerent attacks on your accuser, and pigheaded insistence on 'written proof of copyright' are the types of things which lead to what you call 'hate posts'. People asking legitimate questions of you does not constitute hate. Nobody (except Serge) is threatening or badmouthing you here, I wonder why you are overreacting? Sure doesn't make you look innocent when you do that.

You have much to learn about professionalism. When someone responds to allegations of theft in a calm, professional manner they are much more likely to be believed than someone who throws baseless allegations around, followed by dismissal of anyone asking questions as 'haters'. I'm tired of seeing the kiddies around here respond to any criticism or concerns, with attacks on those making them.

If someone has made a baseless allegation against you, and you handle it calmly and professionally, you don't need to call the accuser an idiot because everyone will figure that out for themselves. If you throw a tantrum and turn out to be right, you're still hurting your business with the unprofessional reaction.
    Last edited by BigBison; 07-22-2005 at 03:39 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

If my password is correct
    I would like to ask WHT community leaders to close "genxweb"
    membership for life and control his IPs in future.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Serge
    If my password is correct
    I would like to ask WHT community leaders to close "genxweb"
    membership for life and control his IPs in future.
    Serge, we all understand your position. Could you please stop bumping this thread? Step off for a while and let matters take their course, please.
      0 Not allowed!

Serge's password is correct. exhostingpro's designer may still submit his/her password as well.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design
      0 Not allowed!

I have a question for genxweb. If you co-founded this company, why did you also review it? Isn't that a bit fraudulent?

http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/EzHostingPro

Overall Rating : 5 out of 5
    Reliability : 5 out of 5
    Support : 5 out of 5
    Pricing : 5 out of 5
    Verdict : The service at ezhostingpro is great any questions or concerns I have their staff is more then willing to answer them for me. They made the transition over to their service a breeze and their proffesional plans are well priced and offer generous space for both disk and bandwidth.

I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for secure, reliable, cheap hosting.
    Submitted By : genxweb
    How ethical.
      0 Not allowed!

Hah nice find BigBison, it sure looks like genexweb needs to get his designer to submit the password or he will lose his wht account and im sure any of his customers that browse the boards would cancel there accounts, Who wants a host that rips a design?
      0 Not allowed!

Another point of professionalism: Use a different username than the one you use to represent your business, when posting pictures of strangers' cleavage and making sexist remarks on public forums:

<< link edited >>

That sort of thing can come back to reflect very poorly on you and your company, in a case like this where your moral character is very much at issue.
    Last edited by the_pm; 07-22-2005 at 04:11 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Please refrain from speculating about or suggesting how moderators should respond in the event it is determined conclusively that there is foul play involved. If any action is taken against any party, it will be done privately and will not be disclosed or discussed with anyone except for parties directly involved (and then only as deemed necessary).
      0 Not allowed!

weare working on getting him to give us the pass give us till tommorw for him to reply if not then we will comply. I would like to know on what grounds I should have my account terminated for life. I use wht everyday as like others, it is hard wnough to make sure you dont brake their 9000 rules with out some hard headed kiddie asking for you to be banned. I will keep my word he has until tommorw if he does nto supply the pass we will give you a way to contact him and start working on finding a new template. In the case the passwords do not match we will need a min of 72 hours to come up with funds to buy a new template. Though this is still not a legal proof of copyright in my eyes it will show that you are the owner of the file and we will comply.
    Digital Offensive
    http://www.digitaloffensive.com
    Take an offensive approach to Security know what your foes know!
      0 Not allowed!

genxweb, suffice it to say the proof supplied by Serge will definitely hold up in court, no question about it, unless, again, your designer comes up with the password and at that point is able to give some additional explanations as well. I studied enough media and mass communication law during my time in journalism to know proof when I see it. This is the legal proof for which you asked, and I'm glad to see you're willing to accept it and act properly should it be confirmed.

One more time for everyone, there is no need to speculate about how this matter will be moderated.
      0 Not allowed!

In the case the passwords do not match we will need a min of 72 hours to come up with funds to buy a new template. Though this is still not a legal proof of copyright in my eyes it will show that you are the owner of the file and we will comply.
    You really do need to consult with an attorney on copyright issues, because your notion of the law bears little or no resemblance to reality. We aren't really concerned as to what constitutes 'legal proof in your eyes', because your notion of what's legal appears to be based on speculation, not qualified legal advice.

If you don't have the password for that file, then you do not get to decide when to remove the ripped material. You won't be in any position to dictate a timeframe for removing content for which you can't meet your own criteria for proof of ownership. This is to be determined at the convenience of the copyright holder, not the party infringing the copyright.

It's your site, did you obtain written proof of copyright for the content on it? No? Then when it's brought to your attention that someone else holds the copyright, you have two options: you may immediately remove the disputed content, unless you ask for and are granted 72 hours (or whatever) from the copyright holder, which would be Serge since you can't seem to prove it's you. After your posts in this thread, I wouldn't blame serge for not giving you a minute.

Had you followed the guidelines you're insisting Serge comply with to prove his case, you wouldn't need to 'ask your designer for the password' or whatever.
    Last edited by BigBison; 07-22-2005 at 04:51 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

weare working on getting him to give us the pass give us till tommorw for him to reply if not then we will comply. I would like to know on what grounds I should have my account terminated for life. I use wht everyday as like others, it is hard wnough to make sure you dont brake their 9000 rules with out some hard headed kiddie asking for you to be banned. I will keep my word he has until tommorw if he does nto supply the pass we will give you a way to contact him and start working on finding a new template. In the case the passwords do not match we will need a min of 72 hours to come up with funds to buy a new template. Though this is still not a legal proof of copyright in my eyes it will show that you are the owner of the file and we will comply.

You do not need wait for tomorrow. As you said you have all source files. Right? I could inform you what the files contain protected info but you are not from Vionec Company.

I'd like to remind you when I contacted you first times (absolutely without any aggression) and showed you this design in my portfolio as well as owner website you was not confussed. Absolutely!!!
    I guess that any website owner would be extremely indignant to know that someone else is using the same design. But not only you.... More than that each your reply contained the jeer. Should I present your posts? NP. Personally for me absolutely clear who you are.
    If my english isn't enough well it doesn't mean that I'm silly and will not able to protect my business.
      0 Not allowed!

Let me know what the source files you have as "OWNER"?
    Screenshot?

You paid $500
    I think that is enough expensive for the pressing
    "PrintScreen" key
    Last edited by Serge; 07-22-2005 at 05:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Serge,

I'd like to offer you a formal apology. I am part owner of EZHOSTINGPRO.com. We contacted our web designer and asked him to provide us with the password you referred to and he wasn't able to do so. We will be sending his info to you via email and making sure no one uses him for their web design needs. You have indeed proved this template is yours and we will comply with your request to remove the site. The only thing we ask is that you give us at least 10 business days to remove the site because we must hire someone else to redesign and remove the site for us in it's entirety. In addition, I apologize for my partner's comments sent via email, but we've received other claims of our design stolen in which no one was able to prove it was their design. Again, I'm sorry for any confusion, but we spent a lot of money to have the site designed and wanted to insure this was a valid claim.

We will be in contact with you via email with that designer's info and a date range in which we will remove the site.

Sincerely,

<<< Signatures need to be set up in your profile. >>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 07-23-2005 at 02:27 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

You expect him to give YOU 10 DAYS?!?!

I wouldn't give you half a day. I think its more than easy enough to take down youre website right now and put up a "renovating" splash page.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Pheaton
    You expect him to give YOU 10 DAYS?!?!

I wouldn't give you half a day. I think its more than easy enough to take down youre website right now and put up a "renovating" splash page.
    They admitted they were wrong, and they were taken by their designer. It was not the host themselve that ripped the design. 10 Days is fine IMHO

10 Days with a "splash" page is not good for any business, and there is no sense in punishing them to the max if it was their designer that sold them a bogus layout.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com
      0 Not allowed!

Serge,

As a fellow designer, i can sympathise with your case. I have had a few things stolen and presented on another site before. A few of the times, even though i knew it was stolen, I had to simply bite the bullet and re-design for them. I'm lucky, because I live in Australia, as soon as i create anything, it is automatically covered by national law, but international gets a bit sticky...

I've been following this topic, and i must add this sidenote:

genxweb: please run at least a thorough spelling and grammar check... its really starting to get to me. Its beyond me how a school graduate can still make juvinile mistakes:
    make sure you dont brake their 9000 rules
    More speculation on this quote: Good work, your trying to get the community to support your case by making fun of the rules and guidelines in place... which you mandatorily have to read apon signup? no protection for you there...

maybe you just.... are juvinile...
    http://www.interfused.net/ - Cheap, Modern web design.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree, it's not wise to just shut down a website especially for a hosting site. We designers can do and just put redesign in progress, but not a webhost espcially if they have lots of clients. I just hope they come up with another design (replacement) before the said date or sooner the better.

- Theo
    www.Theodea.com - Defiant to Boundaries
    aim: aimtheodea icq: 280307610 | msn / email: info[at]theodea.com
      0 Not allowed!

I appreciate your replies and for understanding why I asked for 10 business days (most likely will be shorter, but that's an estimate). I realized we have been taken. We just wanted to make sure he showed us proof that this was his site. If that password info was disclosed earlier this whole mess could have been avoided. Nevertheless, I completely apologize for this incident occurring in the first place and for wasting everyone's valuable time.

Again thank you all for your honest and thoughtful replies.

<<< Signatures need to be set up in your profile. >>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 07-23-2005 at 02:25 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast