Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 currently shipping on Dell's PowerEdge servers
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, the defining milestone in the evolution of
the enterprise platform, is now available as a free upgrade for
customers with an existing Enterprise Linux subscription, on Dell's
award-winning PowerEdge servers. Enterprise Linux 4 offers unmatched
reliability, performance and security to signal the end of the
proprietary system in the enterprise.
Benefits of upgrading to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 on PowerEdge:
- Free upgrade for customers with previous versions of Enterprise Linux.
- A stable and mature infrastructure based on the Linux 2.6 kernel.
- First commercial product to deliver SELinux to meet today's security
and compliance demands.
- Productivity improvements from the desktop to the core of the
- Exceptional performance and scalability for both 32- and 64-bit
- Enhanced auditing framework offering considerable flexibility.
- Cost-effective, highly scalable platform for mission-critical
- All PowerEdge servers and Precision Workstation desktops currently shipping
are tested and certified on Enterprise Linux 4.
How to Upgrade:
Red Hat has created ISO images for all releases of Red Hat Enterprise
Linux and made them available on the Red Hat Network (RHN). You can
download these images and use them as your new installation media if the
CDs that were shipped to you do not install or if you require an
installation with a more recent kernel and security updates.
Point your browser to http://info.redhat.com/a/tBC37FzAUfR...TQAUnmmJIh/rhn
then log in with your
username and password.
1.Select the "Channels" link at the top.
2.Select the channel you require from the channel list table.
3.Click the "Downloads" link.
4.Download the ISO images and verify the md5sum.
1.Use the md5sum command in the following way:
- md5sum filename
5.Burn the ISO images to CDs.
--> Find additional help with burning ISO images to CDs,
(see section 4: "Write files to media, if necessary").
Additionally, you can log into Red Hat Network with your log in
information and walk through the steps to upgrade.
Evaluate for Free.
If you're not ready to deploy but want to evaluate Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4, you can get a free 30-evaluation.