Thread: Myacen

Myacen

Well, are they alive?
    I've began to worry about them.

I am on the CorporateHosting package on shared hosting, and my site is offline for more than four hours. Ticket sent, but still no reply. Do you think we should worry that something bad has happened to them? :-P

Well of course it is not the first time that we are offline (and of course always on peak hours time). And the other day, there was a ticket about a technical problem left open for more than 15 days, that I just noticed that they closed it without replying at all.

Hmm..... Diagnosis:

Well, its not their health we should worry about, BUT THEIR QUALITY OF SERVICE.

Keep up the good work dear friends at myacen!

Toxadi

Hi,

Have you tried posting on their forums as their main website seems to be up, have you tried all forms of contact available on their website?
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Hi Hoobastank68,

Well, their main site is ok, the problem is with my site only (haha, I am not so sure about this "only" word)

I created a ticket for the tech team. And that is what I guess I am supposed to do. Do you think I should start looking around for the technical support team in forums? Maybe that is what is keeping them busy. At least, now I know ;-)

Toxadi

Have your tried calling them to notify them of the issue?
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Hi VapoRub,

Nope, I just used the "24/7 Helpdesk Around the clock Support for current clients" online form.

I am on the hold at the moment! Lets just hope I will not wake up someone :-)

Toxadi

Good Luck
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

toxadi,

What is your domain name? It'll be better to double check that your site is really down.

Try using alertra.com 's sitecheck.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Re: Myacen

Originally posted by toxadi
    [B]
    I am on the CorporateHosting package on shared hosting, and my site is offline for more than four hours. Ticket sent, but still no reply. Do you think we should worry that something bad has happened to them? :-P
    Nothings happened. Your ticket was already updated it seems

Well of course it is not the first time that we are offline
    The only other time that server has had problems was due to a hardware problem. Since then theirs been no further downtime: http://uptime.alertra.com/uptime.php...850&id1=669176

When a website is causing issues with a webserver, we need to act. In most cases we can warn users but in this case your site was heavily impacting users and unfortunately an email could not be sent prior to the suspension. Just to give you a comparison

Load averages with your site suspended (according to the mrtg's) .1-.2 with your site/mysql database 2-6. We offer aim support did you contact someone on AIM?

And the other day, there was a ticket about a technical problem left open for more than 15 days, that I just noticed that they closed it without replying at all.
    That doesn't sound right what's the ticket number? Theirs a number of users reporting similar errors and considering the size of our support system database and the number of users we have using the system we are keen to iron out these post upgrade errors.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Hi VapoRub,

Nope, I just used the "24/7 Helpdesk Around the clock Support for current clients" online form.

I am on the hold at the moment! Lets just hope I will not wake up someone :-)

Toxadi
    We don't offer phone support so I have no idea how you can be on hold?

By the way, I'm happy to follow-up any issues you or anyone else is having. If you believe a case has not be handled correctly by our staff email me directly robert at myacen.com and I will investigate your issue further for you.

Obviously a company can only get stronger with feedback be that negative or positive. However if it's a constant problem then I would like to hear about it. We have had some problems with billing recently with the restructure of our company, and a brand new backend for customers coming however still that's no excuse. We have some new faces in training at the moment and obviously with a 4 hour response time the abuse department may need additional staffing. However we hope to get response times back to less than 15 minutes again after the restructure and backend are back up. I can tell you now the average resolution time to tickets are currently 43 minutes. However looking at the job queue for abuse it seems phpbb is being hit heavily which is causing some slowdowns. However as I was an end user at one time I know what you are thinking "No excuses" and I understand and agree.

Have a beer on me mate!
    Rob

For the record some replies:

To VapoRub:
    Your wishes did not help... After 3-4 minutes on hold the line was cut off. Tried many times. Thanks anyway

To net-trend:
    The first thing tried was alertra service

And last but not least, coight:
    I sent a ticket about 40-50 minutes after my site went down. About 3 hours later, and since I had no reply at all, I sent a new message. Still nothing at all. I had started going crazy. It was the middle of the day, nothing at all was working and I did not know what was going on, because no one had the professionalism to let me know.

And then, gooooood lord, 5:30 hours after my ticket (and 6 hours after my site was down) I got a reply!! YES!! They informed me that they were investigating my issue! Hurrayyyy!!! Not even 6 hours! YES! THEY LIIIIIVEEE!!!

8 hours later I was online again. It looks like there was some serious investigation taking place...

It's not that the account was suspended, it's that we were looking all over for you, almost 6 hours. And I think sending a reply saying "Sorry you got suspended, because your mysql load is above normal", is far too easy.

But , it's not only that.
    We had a ticket about a month ago, saying that fantastico is down. In fact fantastico is down for more than 2 months, but we didn't use it , so we didn't bother (it's been down since the server upgrade). When we reported the bug, it took you four days (and a new reminding message from us) to reply that the developer of fantastico must take action. Still nothing. In 20 days, I could rewrite the whole cpanel + fantastico + a lot of other things. They need 20 days to investigate the issue? Give me a break!

On the 27th of June there was another ticket (PQD-54592) about mysql. Ticket was left unanswered for more that 2 weeks, until it was closed without any reply. How would you feel if someone closed the door right on your face without saying anthing?

And dont get me started on how many days it took to give us ssh access after sending you all things required.

So, in short words,
    the abuse department may need additional staffing
    toxadi

Sorry to hear about your recent experience with Myacen, I hope things will go up hill from here.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

heh, hang in there and good luck.

Originally posted by coight
    We don't offer phone support so I have no idea how you can be on hold?
    I did not know anything about AIM support (nothing is mentioned in your registration emails or site), so I tried calling the only number I found on your site:
    Fax Service/ Phone Support
    Need to get your account online? Other Enquiries
    +61 (08) 6210 1430
    The automated greeting on the phone said something about livechat button on myacen's website. Where is that really? Maybe someone should change that answering machine greeting? Of course the line went off 3-4 minutes later, and believe me, I called a couple of times, because as you can remember I WAS SITTING ON HOT COILS not knowing what was going on!

Let's hope that I will not need you again, because if I do, I know I will not find you there (or should I say anywhere)

toxadi

[B]For the record some replies:

To VapoRub:
    Your wishes did not help... After 3-4 minutes on hold the line was cut off. Tried many times. Thanks anyway
    Please point me to a page that says we offer telephone support

To net-trend:
    The first thing tried was alertra service
    Alertra would have said your site was up because http was responding.

And last but not least, coight:

8 hours later I was online again. It looks like there was some serious investigation taking place...
    Investigations includes a full detailed report to an issue, that is stored and archived for future use. It's for internal records so in the event another issue arises we have sufficient documentation on whether a customer has adhered to our suggestions/recommendations

It's not that the account was suspended, it's that we were looking all over for you, almost 6 hours. And I think sending a reply saying "Sorry you got suspended, because your mysql load is above normal", is far too easy.
    Please see above, when your site is impacting other users we need to take action. Like I said previously normally an email would be sent however if a situation like your's occurs where an email cannot be sent it will result in instant suspension and this happens from time to time.

But , it's not only that.
    We had a ticket about a month ago, saying that fantastico is down. In fact fantastico is down for more than 2 months, but we didn't use it , so we didn't bother (it's been down since the server upgrade). When we reported the bug, it took you four days (and a new reminding message from us) to reply that the developer of fantastico must take action.
    Their was no server upgrade, as I stated before it was a hardware fault it was reloaded. Obviously at that time fantastico was not a priority (priority was getting sites restored) and it was restored shortly after. Because an IP change was upcoming from the datacenter we went ahead after the hardware failure and updated our IP's which meant Cpanel, Fantastico etc that's license is based off IP of network interfaces were down until the developers Cpanel/netenberg upgraded their license servers to the correct IP

In 20 days, I could rewrite the whole cpanel + fantastico + a lot of other things.
    Perhaps you can contact nick from cpanel for a job? Cpanel and fantastico and other things? How about you contact me privatley and we can make an inhouse solution.

On the 27th of June there was another ticket (PQD-54592) about mysql. Ticket was left unanswered for more that 2 weeks, until it was closed without any reply. How would you feel if someone closed the door right on your face without saying anthing?
    Actually, looking at that ticket and another you opened at the same time (and the same message) your other ticket was answered. This ticket was not answered as your other ticket was already answered. We have a cron that closes tickets if they are not responded to by clients within 15 days.

I know your letting off steam, and I would be to if I had a site down for a number of hours but really as I said if you have issues contact me.

Thanks