What are the common questions people ask a help desk support team?

I'm trying to build up my FAQ section of my hosting site. I have a few good questions right now, but i want to make sure i am covering all the bases.

What i'm looking for are questions commonly asked by current users on reseller accounts and on shared accounts, and questions asked by people who are looking to buy from you.
    http://www.go-typhon.com
    Awsome CHEAP Plans!
    PHP4 & PHP5! IRC! CPanel! Game Servers! 24/7 Support!
    E-Mail: [email protected]

A goog start would be to look at everything they can do in your control panel, and add a howto on it.

That sould give you a good start
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

You should make FAQ from questions asked to you not to other comanies.

Best Regards
    D.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Best thing to do is to keep a record of all the questions you are asked and watch for patterns. If you see the same question coming up frequently, make sure you write a FAQ which covers it.
    Every company is different and position themselves in particular markets. The FAQ's of a cheapie host are different to those of a host that deals mainly with businesses, and hosts whose customers are from one geographical location will get different questions to some host in another location.

Even with hosts who run the same control panels (like cPanel, for eg) the questions will be different. You can still save yourself support time, however, by writing a "how to" for every feature offered in the control panel.

Originally posted by fcolor
    You should make FAQ from questions asked to you not to other comanies.

Best Regards
    D.
    I was actaully going to make a list of questions not only for my business but i was going to refer to this post, and make a somewhat big index of common questions that are asked by people on these forums. This will provide a place where new hosts can get a feel for questions that will be asked.

There was a website that had this exact list that I am trying to compile, and i remember it helped me alot when i was new with support.
    http://www.go-typhon.com
    Awsome CHEAP Plans!
    PHP4 & PHP5! IRC! CPanel! Game Servers! 24/7 Support!
    E-Mail: [email protected]

Do a search on WHT - this topic has been done several times already. You should get some useful info from those.

PS: I hate the 90 second posting rule here at WHT! My post count would be in the millions by now, if it wasn't for 'the rule!!

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I just KNEW I had seen something!

Here's a thread to get you started...
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...Q&pagenumber=1

Ya, that should get you started on tutorials. Also, Maybe you would want to invest in company branding by using DemoDemo.com, or DemoStorm.com. I've seen they have had some good flash tutorials.