Gameserver problem - Getinfo flooding

I have a problem with Soldier of Fortune 2 (think the problem also includes most other Q3-engine games).
    There is a mirc script that simply floods the gameserver with getinfo command, making the server crash. The script works on both win and linux installs.

Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? I know i havent attached any real info, but will do that if someone think they can fix a solution. I host on Win platform, only have tcp/ip filtering enabled so no packet filtering (will probably consume to much cpu). Any suggestions?

Hi,

You can install apf firewall and block all ports but the ones the server is using. Apf as flooding protection i think.
    Can you send me the script so i can take a look at it ? i also have gameservers and some of them (call of duty wich is q3 engine) crash once in a while.

regards

I dont really like software firewalls, as they mostly just consumes lots of cpu. On the other hand, hardware firewalls mostly are quite expensive and also needs to be installed in the datacenter etc.

I already have all ports blocked besides the needed ones, but they getinfo is on the gameserver port - meaning the only thing possible is packet inspection/anti-flooding