ProFTP for centos

Is there a proftp rpm for centos4.1 anywhere? Can't find any...

Apparently ProFTPD has some security problems now so you'll be better off installing PureFTPD for the time being.
    Net Logistics Web Hosting - Solutions Through Innovation

Having a hard time finding an rpm for that too though... Maybe I'm looking at all the wrong places?

How is vsftpd? I'll only be hosting one site on a dedicated server, so a lot of nice functionality is not really needed. Needs to be as secure and stable as possible. Oh, and dead easy to install and configure...

vsftpd is quite nice and will install via RPM in 2 seconds. Once installed, you can FTP right in using any regular FTP user account. I do not believe virtual users (non-OS users) are supported by vsftpd.
    H4Y Technologies LLC Check out our new website!
    "Smarter, Cheaper, Faster" - SMB, Reseller, VDS, Dedicated, Colo hosting done right.

ZERO PACKETLOSS, ZERO DOWNTIME Dedicated and Colo - USA: IA, CA, NC, OR, NV
    **http://h4y.us**
    Voice: (866)435-5642. *** Email: askus at host4yourself d0t com

Thanks! Just what I needed!

What version of CentOS are you running? How do you like it?

4.1 as stated above. Don't really have much to compare with and haven't been using it for very long, but it seams pretty good so far.

Excellent. Are you using it with cPanel/WHM and are you using Apache, PHP, MySQL, Exim and if so, I'd assume everything works well.

just webmin. It's a bit a hazzle since I'm no linux expert... But I'm getting there. Installed apache, php, mysql, and postfix. Works well, but I'm kind of lost at the dns setup...

I'm glad it's working well..I've made my decision then. I would help you with DNS if I knew how. lol

Why didn't you go with cPanel (out of curiousity)?

I'm just hosting one community based website, and have no need for setting up virtual hosts. Also, we have a very strict budget that just didn't allow for the $20-$35 extra. Right now I wich I did get cPanel though...

Originally posted by rocky22
    I'm just hosting one community based website, and have no need for setting up virtual hosts. Also, we have a very strict budget that just didn't allow for the $20-$35 extra. Right now I wich I did get cPanel though...
    lol yea...It makes things very simple.