Looking for a good friendly reliable host.

Currently, I have a xmb forum with 700 members and it's only been about 3 months. It's growing rapidly and it's a bloody bandwidth eater. Not only that, but I'm getting problems with the post.php and stuff even though there's nothing wrong with it, so it's probably the server. My forum is hosted at surpasshosting.com but I need a lot of space and loads of bandwidth. I'm willing to pay up to $10~$15 max, monthly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

R0xy,

How many active users do you have online at once? It may become a problem for you if you have over 20-30 to find a shared host. I am not sure how xmb performs, but I would highly recommend a VPS solutions.

Check out www.powervps.com (Its a bit out of your budget, but if you do not want your website to be shutdown by a shared host, I recommend a VPS.)

If you have a lower amount of active users at once, then I would recommend looking in the 'shared and reseller hosting offers' section.

Best of luck with your search

Roxy,

what do you mean by lots of space and bandwith. To some 10mb is a lot and to others 1gb is still not enough.

Only after knowing what you need then you can start shopping around or at least get people's recomendation.

But if you are expecting something like 3gb space and 100gb bandwidth for that price plus reliability....might be a bit difficult

I suggest you to take a look in the offers forum here at WHT and see if any host that you like comes up. Look around and dig out the right hosting packages for you. Good luck.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Ah sorry, I should be a bit more clear.

Yes, Reliable and good. It's not like the support is bad, but obviously the server is messing up with my post.php which won't allow my members to post sometimes. And this is all very random.

I've been told that it's probably the server.

Sometimes I have 30 members online at once. And other times just 5 or 10.

I'm looking for about 1~3GB space, and about 75~100GB Bandwidth. ^^;;

If you look around in the offers forums, you do find that some hosts may sponsor you, that would lower your cost dramatically, jsut for putting a ad on your site, or posting in their forums.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

Originally posted by R0xy
    The amount you want to pay for the above is really too low. You should have some of your members donate some funds for hosting and raise your budget up to at least $30 per month for reliable hosting.

You could also sell advertising as a means of income.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Um, sounds like you are a little bit unrealistic... 100GB bandwidth for $10-15/month, well...
    Sure, there's DreamHost. They are very generous with bandwidth, and they work well for me. On the other hand, in your case, the server load could be an issue.
    Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Thanks guys. =) I'll keep on searching.

Hi,

You should try a VPS, it'll be the best choice for you. There are many providers out there, but from all I'd recommend you take a look at servint.com. I know people that use them and they are completely satisfied with their services and also with their 24/7 support.

Good luck!
    Daniel Basilio
    Gabbix Solutions Owner
    http://www.gabbix.com - Shared, Reseller, Virtual and Dedicated Hosting
    Toll free: +1-888-387-7140

Ah sorry, I should be a bit more clear.

Yes, Reliable and good. It's not like the support is bad, but obviously the server is messing up with my post.php which won't allow my members to post sometimes. And this is all very random.

I've been told that it's probably the server.

Sometimes I have 30 members online at once. And other times just 5 or 10.

You can try this hosts:

www.micfo.com
    www.hostingzoom.com

I can recommend them both from personal expierence, i am now with hostingzoom 100gb bw package(13$ for month) and i am very happy, i had 100% uptime the recent month and i am getting good speed from the server.

You can also try www.hostgator.com
    They have plans around your budget, i was their client for a shortwhile but it did not work out for me eventually(can't blame them actually), lots of people find them good company though.

I think hostingzoom.com would be perfect for you.

Originally posted by twin
    I think hostingzoom.com would be perfect for you.

After another month since my initial post, i can not say how much i am happy with www.hostingzoom.com

This host is simply perfect, i am wordless besides that.

Thanks guys. =) I'll keep on searching.
    I am sure you can find some one offering you at your budget level, even lower. But if you want a decent provider, be careful with too cheap offers

If I were you, I will make a short list, and do a search about them on board. Try to contact them several times as well to see how they reply

anyway, good luck with your serach

If you are willing to pay just a little more, then I'm sure you won't have any problems finding a host which is reliable and has good service.

Good luck in your search!
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

What's wrong with Surpass?

And XMB tends to be very resource-intensive, so you may want to consider something like SMF.
    PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ