#3 Paul Martin says he believes Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction

"May 11, 2004
    Prime Minister Paul Martin says he believes Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and they've fallen into terrorists' hands. Martin said the threat of terrorism is even greater now than it was following the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, because terrorists have acquired nuclear, chemical and biological weapons from the toppled Iraqi leader.

"The fact is that there is now, we know well, a proliferation of nuclear weapons, and that many weapons that Saddam Hussein had, we don't know where they are," Martin told a crowd of about 700 university researchers and business leaders in Montreal. "That means terrorists have access to all of that."

Full article here: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...pf-455210.html
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Now why is this annother Canada has problems thread? I am just being completely confused here and will probably end up being called a dirty liberal; but what (except for the leader who confirms this) does this have to do with Canada? In fact it's pretty reassuring knowing that the whole rest of the world doesn't think Saddam had any weapons of mass destruction. (Probably made no sense here).

Originally posted by Aea
    Now why is this annother Canada has problems thread? I am just being completely confused here and will probably end up being called a dirty liberal; but what (except for the leader who confirms this) does this have to do with Canada? In fact it's pretty reassuring knowing that the whole rest of the world doesn't think Saddam had any weapons of mass destruction. (Probably made no sense here).
    And I ask myself a very similar question when others post up some news link with a title that is missleading, and then go on to yap about American politics, how bad it is here, how bad what we do is, etc... When people dumpster dive to find these "bad things about America", then post them with glee, I often wonder what it has to do with me.

Alas, they keep doing it and seem to enjoy posting any thing that they do not think America should be doing, or how bad our politicians are, etc... So I am giving their idea of negative press a shot. Seems to be stiking a nerve or two.

IMHO, all political discussion should be banned at WHT. Keep it professional and light. Otherwise, I am doing the same things others do, just am turning it the other direction.
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

A link please? Ignore the satirical rainbow thread; link me to threads I have posted along the same lines.

You don't have to dig through a dump to find things bad about America, in fact you have to open your eyes and step out of your idealistic world =)

I see where you're going TalkMilitary but I have to ask you something, why on earth would people be interested in what the prime minister of Canada says?
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

TM, good point friend. I actually expected much more of these threads earlier. I too agree the political talk should be removed, confined or something... the Lounge is pure BS now.

Anyways, good point

Thumbs up

Originally posted by J-P
    I see where you're going TalkMilitary but I have to ask you something, why on earth would people be interested in what the prime minister of Canada says?

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I don't see how this is a thread showing anything bad against Canada, it is simply saying that after the US decided to start the war on terrorism, it is easier for terrorists to now get these weapons that some say Saddam had.

Maybe Martin saw an ABC News video from five years ago, courtesy of Media Research Center. It's a classic.

I don't mind the political talk completely but some folks do have one track minds. It is true that most Americans care little about Canadian politics as it impacts our lives so little. America's political decisions have a bit more consequence globally so I can appreciate the interest.

The problem I have with some discussions however is how so many threads turn into "President Bush is the spawn of Satan and eats human flesh!"

Criminy! In a thread about the father of Atta saying evil things about how it's good to blow up civilians it's already turned into a debate about how evil America is. Just seems like some folks are waiting for any opening and it's impossible to keep on topic in an intelligent way because people are so bent on blaming Pres. Bush for every ill.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site