View Poll Results: what's more important?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Post Count

4 30.77%
  • Registration Date

9 69.23%

what's more important?

I used to pay alot of attention to post count.

Nowadays, I'm paying more attention to registration date.

What do you think?

I give more creedence to someone with 100 posts who registered in 2001 than to someone with 2000 posts who registered late 2004.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

To me both of them matter.
    My Blog - www.Bakie.net
    My Entertainment site - www.SpudMud.com

yse I think both of them matter - I think there is a balance - one show that you have been involved here a long time and have a lot of experience and the othere shows that even though you have been here a long time you have also been active the whole time - in fact sometimes when I see really crazy post counts in a short time period I discredit it - since its like - does this person have nothing else to do?? lol
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

To me, neither one matters. It's not their length of time here or how many posts they've made that will make me respect them anymore than I respect a perfect stranger. It's how they handle themselves, their maturity, their will to help and to succeed and most importantly, their compassion for other people that will make me respect them more.

It is the nickname that matters.

Yes, of course both matter. But Mikey is asking you which is more important (if you had to put weight on one more than the other).

One can only speak in generalities about this, but if memory servers well, I've seen far less quality of posts coming from "high-postcount/short-term memberships" than from "low-postcount/longterm memberships".

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I tend to respect people more or less on how they handle themselves in different subjects.
    For example, if they are calm when replying to a very political thread that attacks something that they believe in.
    Or if they are polite when replying to a thread flaming their company.

It is my feeling that if you can't do that after several thousand posts, then I respect you less than someone who's doing it after 50 posts.

Originally posted by Rob83
    To me, neither one matters. It's not their length of time here or how many posts they've made that will make me respect them anymore than I respect a perfect stranger. It's how they handle themselves, their maturity, their will to help and to succeed and most importantly, their compassion for other people that will make me respect them more.
    For sure, none of the two matter, yea you may say hes only saying that because hes the new guy on block. Does it mater how many posts you have, Quality matters.
    Regards

they do not matter.

Originally posted by vito
    One can only speak in generalities about this, but if memory servers well, I've seen far less quality of posts coming from "high-postcount/short-term memberships" than from "low-postcount/longterm memberships".

A large post count combined with a decent amount of time on the forums shows them to be a respectable member of the forums, IMO.

If you want to determine whether someone has said something you can trust, try reading their old posts and judge by content.

If they've been around for a few years, AND piled on a few posts then it shows they've at least been able to stay out of trouble.
    TS-Host, A Tulip Company - Hosting since 1995! - AS7219
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Bargain Dedicated Servers and High performance Dedicated!
    http://www.ts-host.com/ -@- [email protected] -@- 1-800-977-TOWN

Originally posted by vito

Vito

Yes I do post less quality posts most of the time in the lounge area. Though if you look at the other forums I do post better as well trying to help other people if I can . I am just addicted to WHT....

Though for me time over post counts mean more if I had to pick one.

Originally posted by Bakie
    To me both of them matter.
    i second that cause thatll show how active a member they are, sorry i dont know how to to vote on this one either
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.