Windows Hosting and OS Commerce

Hi Guys,

Was wondering is anyone could help me. I currently have a host hosting our osCommerce website with apache and MySql with a dedicated SSL Cert on a Linux server.

I'm looking to change to a different provide but also OS, this is because i'm not that technical on linux and would like to have more control over items such as software installs etc.

I need to find a host that will allow me to

1) Move the website
    2) Move the Domain Name or allow me to update the name servers (Domain hosted by fast hosts)
    3) Move the SSL Cert with out having to buy another one
    4) Run apache and Mysql on a windows 2003 server with RDP

I would also like to host the server in the UK.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks, Tim.

Tim,

Most hosting companies will do all the thing require to obtain new business. As a share host you really don't need to know any Linux or Unix as you would probably be using an OS like Cpanel or Plesk which are both very user friendly. You would need to provide your new host with informating concerning you account details on the various companies you dealth with to get the changes made.

I've seen customers run osCommerce on both our win and linux servers without issues. So either OS, you wouldn't have a problem.

Also please note that running the default web-server (IIS5 or IIS6) is a much better option than installing and running Apache on Windows..
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Hi Guys,

Thanks for that. Can you run PHP on iis without installing apache?? Also do you know any good hosting companys that have good 24/7 support and a reliable?

Thanks. Tim.

PHP will run on IIS without issues, and works very well infact..
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner