NameCheap vs eNom Reseller?

I am currently a client of NameCheap, and have been using their services for some time. I am looking into setting up a direct eNom Reseller account, and having my domains pushed there. The way that I understand it: I would need to fund my eNom account with $495, and would get domain transfers/renews/registration for $8.95 each? So basically, the only difference would be that I would be forced to pre-fund my account, and that my registration fee won't increase?

In theory: Could I register 20 domain names only, then renew them once every year for two years? Is there some sort of time limit as to when I must use the pre-funded amount?

Thank you for your help with this matter.

That is right your registration fee won't increase. Prefund is required for $8.95 price drop and you can use these funds for domain registrations. When you submit your funds in your Enom account and your $8.95 ETP account is setup, you can use your funds in your account right away for all domain extensions for as many years as your funds can support.

There is no time limit for your funds and they don't get lapse after any specific period. These are your funds and they are treated like real money in your bank account. After your ETP account is setup your minimum fund submission level is dropped at $100 for credit card/paypal.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

Many people on WHT here have a substantial number of domains with NameCheap. Basically, the big difference is whether you want to sell domains or not.

You have to remember... NameCheap is currently a reseller for eNom (albeit with a very nice custom interface and they are rapidly moving towards becoming an ICANN accredited registrar themselves).

So if you want to resell domains, an eNom reseller account is the way to go. It gives you access to their Registry Rocket service, or for $99 a year, you can have your own branded PDQ site which is very professional looking. Or you can get a turnkey website solution and look at www.AWBS.com .

But let's say you only want to manage YOUR domains. The advantage to me with an eNom reseller account is SPEED. When I'm on the phone with a client, I can go to my eNom reseller account and register a domain name for them in seconds. And that's no lie. It is because the money is already deposited. There is no fumbling around for the credit card, etc. etc. I guess you can do the same thing with NameCheap and RegisterFly, etc. But I personally love my eNom reseller account.

BTW, as I stated in my previous post in your other thread, if you contact Bashar, Othellotech or eSology on WHT, I believe they are all offering $8.95 sub-reseller accounts for free. You do, however have to fund them. It is a minimum $100 by credit card or PayPal (and eNom charges a 3% credit card fee for that) OR you can send a check for ANY amount to their address in Chicago (it's plainly marked in the refill account section) and then you save the 3% fee. So you could try out an eNom resellers account for not a lot of money upfront - and certainly a lot less than the $495 direct from eNom.

Boy... do I EVER shut up!
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by 4solutions
    as I stated in my previous post in your other thread, if you contact Bashar, Othellotech or eSology on WHT, I believe they are all offering $8.95 sub-reseller accounts for free.
    I would feel more comfortable having a master-level account to call my own.

Thank you both for your help, this sounds like the option for me.

One last question: NameCheap offers free WhoisGuard, and it is apparently illegal to enter false information when registering a domain. Is there any way for me to NOT have to pay the excessive ($8/mo) "ID Protect" fees at eNom and not violate the ICANN terms by using false information? I don't want my information public via whois.
    Last edited by patryn; 07-20-2005 at 02:21 AM.

BTW, I certainly don't mean to exclude mdadnan who has been a very regular contributor here on WHT. He also offers $8.95 eNom reseller sub-accounts. I've had a sub-account for many years now and it has worked for me...

<EDIT> I didn't see your last post while I was busy typing away... Whatever works for you is the important thing. </EDIT>

Originally posted by patryn
    One last question: NameCheap offers free WhoisGuard, and it is apparently illegal to enter false information when registering a domain. Is there any way for me to NOT have to pay the excessive WhoisGuard-equivalent fees at eNom and not violate the ICANN terms by using false information? I don't want my information public via whois.
    On the one hand I've heard of people losing their domain for slight infractions in not having up-to-date and correct whois information. On the other hand, I've put in multiple complaints on spammers who have silly whois info like Fred Flinstone and nothing was ever done to them. So, I don't know what to tell you.

I use my real name, a P.O. Box, an ever-changing email address, and my real office telephone number. I have hundreds of domains and I get surprisingly few contacts from the whois contact info I have out there. On the other hand, you can tell from my sig, that I try to keep a somewhat low profile.

I also use a PO Box. Works great! On rare occasion I will use ID protect but for me it is $6 and I still think that is somewhat excessive.

If you are registering names for other clients a reseller account would work best.
    Domain Maven

If you register a Dotbag P on dotbag.com they will set up a Enom reseller for free. So you can start to use it after adding 100 USD. So no 495 USD first.

And also you will have some refund from Dotbag if you add $19.95 to there account. They will then refund $1 for every $8,95 you buy for.

hans