Thread: Backup Job

Backup Job

I need someone to move my present Website which is right now on a linux VPS, onto a Windows VPS.

Most of the website is running off of a MySql Database which is no bigger than 50MB in size. I'll move the files.

I will pay $10 readily. Paypal

PM me

Hello
    You can do it yourself, following is the syntax to move database accross different servers:

mysqldump -u username --password=xxx --opt sourcedb | mysql -u username --password=yyy -h destinationhost dbname

Issue the above command from your linux vps and make sure u have created a database on your windows vps and also allowed your linux ip to access mysql.

Regards

Thank you fbsd, but I rather someone else move the database. The offer still stands

If you want i can do it for you, you can pm me as i cannot send you a pm yet, as i'm new to forums and my pm feature appear to be disabled

Regards

Is the job still open?
    - 7de5igns

what id do is just open up the database

hint
    hint
    hint

to whoever gets the job

open up the database temporarily so the new server can access it over the internet

copy over your website like php files

change dns

then a day or two later............ when you gots some time to move quick on the computer

-dump database quickly like fbsd was trying to tell you
    -and email it or ftp it somehow to the new server to get it plugged in and change the settings on your new server to read the database off the new server

good luck
    gilbert
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

[quoteIs the job still open?[/quote]

Well, yes it is infact REOPENED. This time you'll have to transfer the DB & files (same website) from a windows vps onto a windows dedicated server. PM me, $10 paypal