Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry Atta's father praises London bombs

Atta's father praises London bombs

CAIRO, Egypt (CNN) -- The father of one of the hijackers who commandeered the first plane that crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, praised the recent terror attacks in London and said many more would follow.

Speaking to CNN Producer Ayman Mohyeldin Tuesday in his apartment in the upper-middle-class Cairo suburb of Giza, Mohamed el-Amir said he would like to see more attacks like the July 7 bombings of three London subway trains and a bus that killed 52 people, plus the four bombers.

Displayed prominently in the apartment were pictures of el-Amir's son, Mohamed Atta, the man who is believed to have piloted American Airlines Flight 11 into the north tower of the World Trade Center as part of the attacks on the United States.

El-Amir said the attacks in the United States and the July 7 attacks in London were the beginning of what would be a 50-year religious war, in which there would be many more fighters like his son.

He declared that terror cells around the world were a "nuclear bomb that has now been activated and is ticking."

The man, who gave his age as "at least 70," said he had no sorrow for what happened in London, and said there was a double standard in the way the world viewed the victims in London and victims in the Muslim world.

Cursing in Arabic, el-Amir also denounced Arab leaders and Muslims who condemned the London attacks as being traitors and non-Muslims.

He passionately vowed that he would do anything within his power to encourage more attacks.

When asked if he would allow a CNN crew to videotape another interview with him, el-Amir said he would give his permission -- for a price of $5,000.

That money, he said, would not be kept for himself, but would be donated to someone to carry out another terror attack.

El-Amir said that $5,000 was about how much it would cost to finance another attack in London.

A lawyer by trade, el-Amir had a sign on his apartment door saying he was a consultant.

The security guard for the apartment building said el-Amir had been under surveillance by Egyptian agents for several months after the September 11 attacks, but no one had been watching him recently.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Atta's father praises London bombs

Originally posted by RADiSTAR
    Atta's father praises London bombs

CAIRO, Egypt (CNN) -- The father of one of the hijackers who commandeered the first plane that crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, praised the recent terror attacks in London and said many more would follow.

Speaking to CNN Producer Ayman Mohyeldin Tuesday in his apartment in the upper-middle-class Cairo suburb of Giza, Mohamed el-Amir said he would like to see more attacks like the July 7 bombings of three London subway trains and a bus that killed 52 people, plus the four bombers.

Displayed prominently in the apartment were pictures of el-Amir's son, Mohamed Atta, the man who is believed to have piloted American Airlines Flight 11 into the north tower of the World Trade Center as part of the attacks on the United States.

El-Amir said the attacks in the United States and the July 7 attacks in London were the beginning of what would be a 50-year religious war, in which there would be many more fighters like his son.

He declared that terror cells around the world were a "nuclear bomb that has now been activated and is ticking."

The man, who gave his age as "at least 70," said he had no sorrow for what happened in London, and said there was a double standard in the way the world viewed the victims in London and victims in the Muslim world.

Cursing in Arabic, el-Amir also denounced Arab leaders and Muslims who condemned the London attacks as being traitors and non-Muslims.

He passionately vowed that he would do anything within his power to encourage more attacks.

When asked if he would allow a CNN crew to videotape another interview with him, el-Amir said he would give his permission -- for a price of $5,000.

That money, he said, would not be kept for himself, but would be donated to someone to carry out another terror attack.

El-Amir said that $5,000 was about how much it would cost to finance another attack in London.

A lawyer by trade, el-Amir had a sign on his apartment door saying he was a consultant.

The security guard for the apartment building said el-Amir had been under surveillance by Egyptian agents for several months after the September 11 attacks, but no one had been watching him recently.
    another sick freak son of satan only steps away from a fiery reunion with his master.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

send the us government in to make him "disappear".
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

I read this on CNN as well today and think it is very sick.. I do not see how people like this exist.
      0 Not allowed!

Sick! Sick! Sick people!
    I thought the muslim religion was about peace....
      0 Not allowed!

I read this on CNN as well today and think it is very sick.. I do not see how people like this exist.
    Call it blind faith.
    Kerry Jones
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by indiaberry
    Sick! Sick! Sick people!
    I thought the muslim religion was about peace....
    it is - however they have some wierdos at the moment that are creating problems for the rest of them. just like the christian religion is about peace - however we from time to time have people that do bad things as well - like eric rudolph the olympic bomber that blew up people in the name of god - lol

so its not the religion - its a group of very misguided individuals. the rest of the religion needs to get after them though and police their own - so the rest of the world does not have to - as you can see it is starting to give the religion or a sect of it a very bad name.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Well-sair sailor.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RADiSTAR
    Well-sair sailor.
    ah - why thank you much kind sir
    said in a mark twain southern drawl
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sailor
    so its not the religion - its a group of very misguided individuals. the rest of the religion needs to get after them though and police their own - so the rest of the world does not have to - as you can see it is starting to give the religion or a sect of it a very bad name.

Very well said. The peaceful majority needs to denounce these animals.

To the father I have only one question, if blowing yourself up is such a wonderful thing to do for Allah then why on earth is he "at least 70". He should blow himself up to show Allah how much he loves him.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine
      0 Not allowed!

The thing you need to understand about Islam is that Islam teaches whatever the local Imam or Mullah says that it teaches. It's not as if we can just take the Koran, read it for ourselves, and then explain to Mr. el-Amir: "Don't you know that this is now what Islam teaches?" In fact, he is merely parotting what his local clerics are preaching to him and many others in the Middle East.

It is not quite as simple as even other clerics condemning the issue. Moslem clerics in the West can condemn it but they have not real traction as they are viewed by other schools of thought as not teaching real Islam.

My point here is not to say "Ah! See this is what Islam is about..." but merely to say that it is not so easy to also say "This guy is off the reservation with respect to what Islam teaches..."

Consider Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, aka "The Blind Sheik", who is the cleric behind the first WTC bombings in 1993. Years previously he was arrested and tried in Egypt for terrorist acts against the government. He was, in fact, considered a leading scholar at Al Azhar University, one of the leading schools of Islam in the Middle East. The school is considered authoratative for Islamic teaching by many in the Middle East. Let's just say that his teachings were not inconsistent with what was and still is taught at the school.

Anyhow, when tried for his terrorist crimes the Attorney General, during cross examination was condemning his actions as being out of concert with Islam. "Islam is a religion of peace and condemns such actions." Ahman's response was "Where do you read that in the Koran..." and proceeded to demonstrate how his actions were in accord with Islam.

In conclusion, you see a tension within Islam itself (in fact, Shia and Sunnis are very much different but even within the Sunni sect there is much disagreement. To simply chalk it up to a few guys that don't know what the religion teaches misses a larger problem - it's what they're taught and firmly believe Islam teaches.

Or have we already forgotten the video of thousands of Palestinians dancing in the streets when they saw the video of the WTC buildings crumbling to the ground?
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek
      0 Not allowed!

Devildog, you may very well be right. But for now I am still giving them the benefit of doubt. Each time there is one of these incidents various Muslims get on TV and say that the majority of Muslims are against this violence (even though you never see them demonstrate for peace, or have large groups speaking against it). But I know my patience is wearing thin and I suspect the rest of the worlds as well. If the so called peaceful majority of Muslims don't speak up, people will become convinced they are all in favor of these actions.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine
      0 Not allowed!

Trau, when you found out about the treatment of prisoners at Abu Graib did you go out and join a protest?
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not arguing that other Muslims should not speak out but I was trying to explain Islam to those who may be ignorant of how it really works. I had no other motivation nor do I wish to dissuade anyone from condemning it. I believe his beliefs and actions to be evil and he will answer for them someday.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    Trau, when you found out about the treatment of prisoners at Abu Graib did you go out and join a protest?
    Nope. The soldiers that violated policy are being dealt with. If the soldiers had done what the peaceful muslim freedom fighters did with their civilian prisoners (hack their heads off with a dull knife) I would have protested.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by trau
    Nope. The soldiers that violated policy are being dealt with. If the soldiers had done what the peaceful muslim freedom fighters did with their civilian prisoners (hack their heads off with a dull knife) I would have protested.

So if you don't find it necessary to go out an protest why would you expect good peaceful Muslims to do so?
      0 Not allowed!

So if you don't find it necessary to go out an protest why would you expect good peaceful Muslims to do so?
    Because I don't think putting underwear on a prisoners head is the equivalent of killing people. If the guards were guilty of killing the prisoners I would protest. Some of the guards did go too far and they are being dealt with. If the miltary said it was proper to treat prisoners that way, I again would have protested. But when the problem came to light the military was already reviewing the case.
      0 Not allowed!

That SOB is hiding in Egypt, if he had any balls he would say this face to face to the families of those killed on 9/11 and in the london bombings.

No wonder his son was a terrorist.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by trau
    Because I don't think putting underwear on a prisoners head is the equivalent of killing people. If the guards were guilty of killing the prisoners I would protest. Some of the guards did go too far and they are being dealt with. If the miltary said it was proper to treat prisoners that way, I again would have protested. But when the problem came to light the military was already reviewing the case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in680658.shtml

What protests did you attend after hearing of this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in614905.shtml

What about this one. Do you have photos of your protest?
      0 Not allowed!

No again. Didn't attend any protest, no pictures of me at a protest. The first article you referred to is the total number of deaths of prisoners reported by the armed forces. It doesn't break down the numbers as to how the deaths occured and includes those that died of natural causes. Show me a report that shows the troops are systematically murdering prisoners. The second report shows that the guilty troops are being dealt with.

At least I'm being consistant, I said I was giving the people who say the majority of muslims are against this violence the benefit of doubt. I also give the military a chance to clean their own house.
      0 Not allowed!

Some people are just idiots.

I was playing counter-strike yesterday and three hackers came on, hacking up the server like crazy, and praising allah, the 9-11 attacks, and the londing bombings. Sick.
      0 Not allowed!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in680658.shtml

What protests did you attend after hearing of this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in614905.shtml

What about this one. Do you have photos of your protest?
    I know this is not really how you feel - however with statements like this on a thread like this - you are really looking like you are sympathetic to a quite distrubing and indefensible act and thought process.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

I say we send in the SAS to put a quick and silent bullet through his cranium.

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sailor
    and I would like to add my comments...

If you really want to know about a religion, do not just believe what its followers are doing, but read their religious book and read what their book says.
    A religion does not change its rules because of its followers desires, but the followers are bound to act accroding the rules of their religion.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

Originally posted by DevilDog
    The thing you need to understand about Islam is that Islam teaches whatever the local Imam or Mullah says that it teaches. It's not as if we can just take the Koran, read it for ourselves, and then explain to Mr. el-Amir: "Don't you know that this is now what Islam teaches?" In fact, he is merely parotting what his local clerics are preaching to him and many others in the Middle East.
    Not true

It is not quite as simple as even other clerics condemning the issue. Moslem clerics in the West can condemn it but they have not real traction as they are viewed by other schools of thought as not teaching real Islam.
    Many clerks in the east have done the same too... There are many clerks in this world, the ones that qualify to be "real" have done it.

My point here is not to say "Ah! See this is what Islam is about..." but merely to say that it is not so easy to also say "This guy is off the reservation with respect to what Islam teaches..."

Consider Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, aka "The Blind Sheik", who is the cleric behind the first WTC bombings in 1993. Years previously he was arrested and tried in Egypt for terrorist acts against the government. He was, in fact, considered a leading scholar at Al Azhar University, one of the leading schools of Islam in the Middle East. The school is considered authoratative for Islamic teaching by many in the Middle East. Let's just say that his teachings were not inconsistent with what was and still is taught at the school

Anyhow, when tried for his terrorist crimes the Attorney General, during cross examination was condemning his actions as being out of concert with Islam. "Islam is a religion of peace and condemns such actions." Ahman's response was "Where do you read that in the Koran..." and proceeded to demonstrate how his actions were in accord with Islam.
    Not everything is proven by the Koran, as a matter of fact more than %60 of Islam consists of the Prophet's actions.

In conclusion, you see a tension within Islam itself (in fact, Shia and Sunnis are very much different but even within the Sunni sect there is much disagreement. To simply chalk it up to a few guys that don't know what the religion teaches misses a larger problem - it's what they're taught and firmly believe Islam teaches.
    There is only one Sunni sect, those who follow the Koran and Sunnah... Others are simply mislead and I hope that God leads them to the straight path.

Or have we already forgotten the video of thousands of Palestinians dancing in the streets when they saw the video of the WTC buildings crumbling to the ground?
    Videos?? I thought they were only pictures (made a couple of years ago)... Can you share them?

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast