Call them whatever you want but they are right.
    Lee is breaking a contract condition.

Seems perfectly valid to me. They are well within their rights. He is specifically breaking a condition of his contract.

do you REALLY believe the Google Legal Team would just allow Google to say
    in your face M$ ...and be so-o blatent about it?

http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/rd_china.html

If Lee signed a contract with a non-compete clause, the only way Google can justify his hiring is by claiming in some way that the activities in which Lee will be engaged do not compete with Microsoft. Umm...that's not going to happen.

It looks to me like Google is getting mighty cocky!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Tom Burt, a lawyer for Microsoft, said Lee announced Monday he was leaving for the Google job and had given no indication that he planned to honor an agreement not to work for a direct competitor for one year.
    He could've waited till the year ends... Stupid agreement, are they expecting him to get brainwashed after one year.... I say let him be..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

After one year though a lot of what he knew was in development wouldn't be so relevant. It's a standard sort of agreement that he agreed to. He can't just break it.

Originally posted by azizny
    He could've waited till the year ends... Stupid agreement, are they expecting him to get brainwashed after one year.... I say let him be..

Peace,

brainwashed....lol....yeah thats it.

MS will win the suit, and rightly so! If Lee was just an employee, then Google can try to ARGUE why they may hire him. However, he was "executives," and that is automatically a lawbreaker.

In the end, if Google's aim was mainly to deprive Microsoft of a key employee, the goal was achieved.

I am not surprise that microsoft is big on money. Was they expecting that after a year the ex-employee would forget everything he learned and did at microsoft?
    A contract is a contract.

MS is suing someone

The biggest monopoly in the software industry. Do you know how many shady things they've pulled.

All's fair in the Business wars

Actually Lee is in violation not google. Even if they helped him, I doubt courts can find any proof.

The lawsuit between MS and GooG will go back and forth in courts.

In this lawsuit between Lee and MS, lee will lose. Prob. a years worth of salary to MS which GooG will reimburse as a 'bonus.'
    Last edited by Sid Shroff; 07-19-2005 at 10:26 PM.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

Unless, the court orders him to not work for google for the remainder of the year, thats a lot different then charging him money which i dout would be significant enough to help or hurt either company.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

But their counter-suit will be dismissed.

I do not see sufficient grounds for Google on the countersuit. My position is still the same, MS will win the lawsuit - and right so.

I don't know, but unless MS can back this up:

"Accepting such a position with a direct Microsoft competitor like Google violates the narrow noncompetition promise Lee made when he was hired as an executive," Microsoft said in its lawsuit. "Google is fully aware of Lee's promises to Microsoft, but has chosen to ignore them, and has encouraged Lee to violate them."
    Then Google has grounds for a countersuit.

This isn't a he said she said situation. Does Microsoft have the contract signed by Mr. Lee saying he would not go work for a competitor until the end of the year? If so, MS wins, Google loses, and Mr. Lee may lose his job with google lol.

Ex-Microsoft man barred from Google job
    Seattle
    July 29, 2005 - 11:00AM

A former Microsoft executive who defected to Google cannot immediately perform the job Google hired him to do, a judge has ruled, saying Microsoft has a well-grounded fear that leaked trade secrets could hurt its business.

Superior Court Judge Steven Gonzalez granted a temporary restraining order barring Kai Fu-lee from working at Google on any product, service or project similar to those he worked on at Microsoft, including internet and desktop search technology.

A Google lawyer requested a more specific list of tasks Lee could perform. Microsoft said it would provide the court with its recommended list by August 1.

Microsoft sued Lee and Google last week, claiming that by taking the Google job, Lee was violating an agreement he signed in the year 2000 barring him from working for a direct competitor in any area that overlapped his role at Microsoft.

Google counter-sued, arguing that Lee's work for Microsoft had only the slightest connection to the job he was hired to perform at Google.

Microsoft and Google, along with Yahoo!, are locked in a fierce battle to dominate internet searching technology, both online and through desktop search programs.

Google has begun offering new services, including email, that compete with Microsoft's offerings.
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/breaking/...143936153.html

Thanks for posting this -T{H}R- , result as I expected. I still cannot figure out how Google could not see this coming or even having a chance to win.