silicon and earthquakes

How to deal with RBLs?

Someone placed a SPAM complaint to MAPS ( about a SPAM server on the same class C as my server is on. MAPS placed a blanket /24 block which abviously affects my server (aaaargghhh!!!).

I have contacted MAPS and asked them to either whitelist my IPs or remove /24 block. One of their "investigators" gave me a canned answer that I have to contact my ISP to resolve that issue. He did not even read the email I sent him! I have responded that I am the ISP, but have not received anything back. Meanwhile emails of my users bounce...

I must admit it is the first time for me Anyone has any experience with dealing with this kind of issue?

Try again explaining the situation in a nice way. Basically there isn't much choice for us as ISP or providers but to keep trying until they respond.

the Netherlands
    MAPS must have had its reasons to block an entire /24. Probably because there is a hard time spammer in that range (plus a non responsive ISP). Contact your (colo-)provider, or whoever gave you the IP address(es) and let them boot the spammer off the network.
    Then explain to MAPS that the issue has been resolved.

haha good one

maps, like sorbs, dont seem to discriminate between 'good people' and 'bad people' and believe that putting a blanket ban on a /24 will actually work

at least maps have a phone number - it took an effort but we eventually got around 120 /24 + /20's removed.

they're in california iirc and only keep daylight hours their localtime