var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('350px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('330px');
Quick Hardware Question -- P3 550
I am about to purchase a computer from a friend, these are the specs that i am worried about
Dell PowerEdge 6350
* Dual Intel PIII 550/2MB XEON CPUs installed (quad capable)
* 2GB ECC EDO RAM installed (max 4GB)
* CD-ROM Drive Installed
* U2W 1x3 Hot-Plug SCSI Backplane
* 3 x 18.2GB Hot Swap SCSI Hard Disk (seagate cheetah's)
* Dell PERC RAID II Card with 16MB Cache Memory
* 2 x Network Card
* Video on Board
* 3 Redundant Power Supplies(all working)
this will be a home server --- apache mysql ftp dns samba
will the computer run with just 2 cpus in there and 2 empty?
Yes, it will work fine with two CPUs.
thank you very much... now the problem will be to get centos or freebsd on it...
Both are rock solid operating systems. You should choose based on if you like Linux (CentOS) or UNIX (FreeBSD) more.
I currently have a gentoo server running so i would like to learn freebsd ... i know its not much different but expand my administration horizon