Looking for a new hosting service after fatcow.

Hello to all.
    I have 3 sites on fatcow.com right now. But is a terrible service, it cannot be worst.
    I have read around this forum that fatcow change owners. But i dont care, one day to another my cgi scripts dont work any more, the email server bounce everithing.
    And the techinal support do not have any answers to anything..... really a very bad experience.

So, bye bye fatcow.com with your mooooooo. I can say a lot of other thing to this people...... its a dissaster.

Now im looking for a service with mysql, perl, 40 GB Transfer /mo ,1 or 2 gigas of space and forwardig email service. Also web mail and statics, but the good one. Fatcow are sending me just a little JPG when i want the access log entirely. I prefer linux on apache. The same that is at my home, this way i can do all the test and know that everithing will work.

I do not need to much space but i need a quality stuff, some service with a good network.
    The price isnt very important.... something fast and good service.

And the object if this post , good references.

Pd: sorry about my INGLES. I need to practice more.

You might want to try a host quote or visiting the offer forums. Web hosts won't be able to give you offers directly through this forum as it is against the rules

By the way do you speak french? I'm asking as it seems like your translating from french, I might be wrong .
    David

no, here i just want references of other users. I dont want offers, just the experience of others.

if i am posting in the wrong place, sorry. Just let me know and i will erase the post, for better order of the forum.

It isnt french, mais je e aprundu a la ecole du ans.
    Its spanich, aber ich can sprachen deutsch.

If you need references of other users, you may want to search the forum for positive reviews.
    UPHosted: Reliable Linux Web Hosting
    24x7 Customer Support
    99,9% Uptime Guaranteed

Re: Looking for a new hosting service after fatcow.

Originally posted by Maldo
    And the techinal support do not have any answers to anything..... really a very bad experience
    Customer satisfaction is key to retaining them and spreading word-of-mouth. Sorry to hear that your host let you down. Try the offer section in your search. Good luck!
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

Cool

Telling someone to look in the special offers is almost a joke if you look at all the other advice that most of us normally recommend when looking for a dependable host.
    I have not looked there in quite a while but just did to see what was happening.
    500GB transfer plans for $1.50 per month?
    A dedicated Dual Processor P-4 2.8 for $49.95 per month? (5 only at this price

It was ridiculous the last time I looked a few months ago but seems to have only gotten worse.

Just a little less than my 2 cents worth. Kind of like a banner ad I clicked here earlier for a "hosting guide"...funny under control panels 1 link, under billing software same link, under hosting automation same link...makes you wonder...or at least it does me, didn't take time to do a whois but I bet it's related to the folks with the one link
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

DDT, I agree with you that the offer forum is full of oversold deals but if you take your time and look cloesely, you might find some decent offers.
    David

but at " Web Hosting Offers" its strange thing, i want to pay a good service, its seem strange the offers there, i cannot imagine the cost that the have, why something are so cheap, besides i prefer to pay a good service, know by references. Thats why im asking for good experiences of the users , just like the topic of this forum says :
    "Discussions on all aspects of web hosting including past experiences (both negative and positive), choosing a host, questions and answers, and other related subjects".

Originally posted by Maldo
    but at " Web Hosting Offers" its strange thing, i want to pay a good service, its seem strange the offers there, i cannot imagine the cost that the have, why something are so cheap, besides i prefer to pay a good service, know by references. Thats why im asking for good experiences of the users , just like the topic of this forum says :
    "Discussions on all aspects of web hosting including past experiences (both negative and positive), choosing a host, questions and answers, and other related subjects".
    This forum can be used as an "added resource" but I would NEVER advise using it as a sole guide when looking for a provider.
    Way too many start-up companies depend on this place for their client base. I agree with the post above when looking in the offers section. One word: Beware!
    I think you would have better luck just searching the forums for general information. You might also run a check on google.com if you are able to list a few providers you may want to check out.
    Check the potential host website for testimonials or their own forums for info.
    Most important is to send off some pre-sales emails and see how they respond.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Hi Maldo! I can only offer my own experiences: I have researched the customer satisfaction records of many major companies. Based on the results, I have opened accounts with the top ones, and my own experience with these is just fine.
    They are: DreamHost, Micfo, and Site5. (Lunarpages also have a good reputation, but I haven't tried them yet.)
    Just my 2 cents....
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Welcome to WHT Maldo. FWIW I'm hosted at Micfo for just over a year now and have been quite satisfied with the service/support. Good luck in your hunt for a quality host.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Royalty Hosting
    You might want to try a host quote
    Just a word of warning before using Host quote...

DO NOT USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS OR ONE THAT YOU DON'T WANT SPAMMED.

I unfortunately used my work address and two years down the line i'm still getting mails on a daily basis.

I posted about this before but my post disappeared.

I don't know who they send their information to but one of the uses your mail addy to send you spam or forwards your address to a spam company either way go with a replaceable hotmail account or create an account with your current webhost before using Host Quote...

In saying that I did get some legit offers from nice companies.

I'm with micfo at the moment unfortunately my site is down at the moment

FluidHosting. 7 months there. 99.95% uptime so far (Host-Tracker). The best bandwidth combination of pretty much any shared host, and even better support to boot. Try them, they're worth the extra dollars. As the cardinal rule states, You Get What You Pay For.

Trip

Originally posted by sherrjo
    Just a word of warning before using Host quote...

DO NOT USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS OR ONE THAT YOU DON'T WANT SPAMMED.

I unfortunately used my work address and two years down the line i'm still getting mails on a daily basis.

I posted about this before but my post disappeared.

I don't know who they send their information to but one of the uses your mail addy to send you spam or forwards your address to a spam company either way go with a replaceable hotmail account or create an account with your current webhost before using Host Quote...

In saying that I did get some legit offers from nice companies.

I'm with micfo at the moment unfortunately my site is down at the moment
    You used the host quote feature 2 years ago? You are registered since Sept 2004. Maybe you meant one year?

I am sure WHT is not behind the spamming

ya its key to have a company that provides you with good customer support. Without good customer support your experience is a very unpleasant one. So hopefully you find another host that is better then fatcow. Im sure you will find what you are looking for out there!
    Michael Bayazit
    Red Linux Hosting
    www.redlinuxhosting.com

Originally posted by WN-Ali
    You used the host quote feature 2 years ago? You are registered since Sept 2004. Maybe you meant one year?

I am sure WHT is not behind the spamming
    Nope it was a while ago i'm not registered under another name as i could not remember my name/password combo.

As soon as i applied i started receiving mails from "Karen" "Albert" "Nando E. Spurite" and the rest of the spam fake mails. 99% of them are for protect your domain name NOW!!! or how to get more hits on your site or 100% uptime guaranteed.

These started after my useage of WHT so it's best of you don't use your normal mail addy. I stand by my statement

I recommend both fluidhosting & site5

Both are great hosts if you look around the reviews here