cpanel and certificates

I have a reseller account with a reseller host. I purchased an SSL certificate for my domain (not wildcard). It works fine for my domain (i.e. However, when I try to access cpanel with the url, I get a popup warning window with the message "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site". It turns out when I try to access cpanel via ssl my host's shared certificate is used instead of mine. I opened a ticket with my host asking whether my certificate can be used for cpanel instead of theirs, but they said that this is just the way that cpanel works. Is this correct? I know that the popup window is more of an annoyance than anything else, but I am sure that my clients will not like it. I would like ssl to be totally transparent to my clients.

Brisbane Australia
    Your host is telling you the truth cpanel allocates some folders to shared functions so /cpanel /whm /webmail etc.. are all reserved and the only way to access them without the popup warning is if the host domain for the server is setup with an SSL certificate and you use that domain name to access them.

The access is just as secure even though you get the popup warning its just telling you that the information about the certificate does not match. As long as you explain this to your clients they should not have a problem with it.
    Ron Rogers
    Need SSL Certificates? ( International Affiliate)
    Put Your Mark on the WWWorld with WEBY Systems

Hi Trigger. Thanks for the explanation.